Extraction Does it need to be an alcohol tincture to work

It sure does work. I used to make oil caps and I went from 4-5 doses per gram (bud) to 6-8.

Don't know about honey and lecithin. I have never used an MBM but I do use a pressurized heat system and lecithin is no problem in alcohol. No separation or goop, just the normal amount of fine sediment. I give it a quick shake anyways so no prob.

Yes, I am certain that the alcohol will aid in sublingual absorption, but honestly I don't know how much. Every time I bought weed honey it effected me like edible.
Thanks good to know about alcohol and lecithin. I am going to try something combining a couple methods, but need to decarb more and get some supplies. I reclaimed alcohol today. Like I thought wasnt much in there so going to have to use other bud. But should be dynamic if it works. I will document it and if it works I will post it up. Im going for a combo of instant effect even if only mild into a nice medicated state lol. Need to experiment 1st before I start sharing, make sure it works hahaha. Now where did I put that lab coat...

Ok I have made just shy of 22oz of tincture. 151 everclear with 1oz of Zkittlez and 1oz of Strawberry Fog.

20190827_133812.jpg
20190827_133746.jpg

They were both in my freezer at -10°f for about a day and a half. Then 6hrs in mbm. I put the jar in the freezer to winterize it then through an unbleached coffee filter. Then into the distiller for recovery. I would like to recover around 20oz ideally then it's ready...

alcohol dissolves thc.alcohol has a saturation point (dunno what it is,and no way of measuring my own shit).if the saturation point is reached the alcohol will no longer dissolve and keep the thc suspended.
in theory there should be no solids/particals in the alcohol tincture thc solution.either the saturation point was exceeded.....or the tiny particals are not thc.trich shells/dust/soil/plant material.
i run my tinct through 250,150,100,50 micron screens for speed then a coffee ouch filter before bottling.a lot of shit (was scoped) is taken out.
raw vodka 88 or 176% whatever foot ya kick a ball with,that what i use for my tincture does not sting or burn at all under my tongue.but a fresh tincture does a bit,as the tincture gets older it stings more and more.i have put my own shelf life on my tinctures,3 months,after that they get pretty rank.
anyone brave enough to try raw alc no tincture under the tongue ? i know im strange but why to me does vodka have no burn but tincture does ? is it just me ? as the blood vesials under the tongue are microscopic any undisolved solid no matter how small is going to irritate them.
i just dont know,its just a theory :shrug:
:pighug:

alcohol dissolves thc.alcohol has a saturation point (dunno what it is,and no way of measuring my own shit).if the saturation point is reached the alcohol will no longer dissolve and keep the thc suspended.
in theory there should be no solids/particals in the alcohol tincture thc solution.either the saturation point was exceeded.....or the tiny particals are not thc.trich shells/dust/soil/plant material.
i run my tinct through 250,150,100,50 micron screens for speed then a coffee ouch filter before bottling.a lot of shit (was scoped) is taken out.
raw vodka 88 or 176% whatever foot ya kick a ball with,that what i use for my tincture does not sting or burn at all under my tongue.but a fresh tincture does a bit,as the tincture gets older it stings more and more.i have put my own shelf life on my tinctures,3 months,after that they get pretty rank.
anyone brave enough to try raw alc no tincture under the tongue ? i know im strange but why to me does vodka have no burn but tincture does ? is it just me ? as the blood vesials under the tongue are microscopic any undisolved solid no matter how small is going to irritate them.
I got some pics to put up soon, kinda gross from the filter of the old green crack I did. The mix with Zkittlez and Strawberry Fog went through 90 micron filter bag that come with mbm. Then through coffee filter. I put almost 3 cups in all I had left. Other alcohol I recovered smells bad so want to clean it 1st if I can before reusing.

20190821_215434.jpg
20190821_215417.jpg
20190822_102856.jpg
20190822_102900.jpg
20190822_102851.jpg

This was the 1st filter with coffee filter.

20190822_214714.jpg
20190822_214708.jpg
20190822_214647.jpg

This was 2nd filter.

20190823_112426.jpg

And final filter.

There wasnt much in there mosely leaves with very little on them. I have gotten about 1.3g's of rso from it so far shooting for 2g's. I can make a batch of gummies with 2g's. Fab some not horrible taste but best for edibles. I filtered new batch that was good stuff. 1 filter and dont look anywhere as bad as the 1st batch. I plan on recovering alcohol tonight and make my honey tincture. It will only have small amount of alcohol, just some to thin the honey and hopefully give me at least a mild sublingual effect. Just enough to get me going till edibles kick in.

Ok, just changed the 1st filter and glad I filtered it.

20190828_212735.jpg
20190828_144621.jpg
20190828_212744.jpg

I guess this is the fats and waxes. Shit is gross lol. Doing 2nd filter now and much faster almost done. I will post pics of filter to compare later.

I just grab it out of the freezer and coffee filter looks clean. Just a little alcohol left in filter which I'll let drain.

20190828_231830.jpg
20190828_231851.jpg
20190828_231840.jpg

Looks like I'm at 18oz after filtering. I will recover everclear tomorrow and mix with honey. I will aim for 16oz recovered.

Ok recovered most of the alcohol, had to put some more in to get it all out. Sorry no pics of it, no one to take pics needed both hands. But here it is with some honey and lecithin.

20190829_130447.jpg
20190829_130435.jpg

It's now mixing for 1hr on 130°f. I will stop after like 20 mins and turn to no heat. Just wanted it to warm up the honey so it thins and blends with the rso mix. Not sure what to call because not straight rso got some alcohol to help sublingual dosing. Added lecithin to help blend and absorption. Not sure if really with add to blending, but should help make it have more bioavailability. Not sure how much to take when done tho lol. I've heard from a few drops to a few droppers. Anyone have a ballpark on dosage?

It's done! @VitaMan any thoughts on dosing? You can taste alcohol a little but doesn't burn. Going to try some with cinnamon flavoring, also heard mint is a good choice.

20190829_142747.jpg
20190829_142753.jpg

Attachments

• 20190829_142759.jpg
    20190829_142759.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 122

Maybe some are more and some are less sensitive to that. I only use a coffee filter, and shake any sediment back into suspension when I take my dose.

The only time sublingual has bothered me was ever-clear at 95% plus any good echinacea tincture, and come to think of it some of the disgusting powders I took in my youth.

Back