DIY Dream Farm Report v3 LAG grow journal

That pic I post is of plants under a Diablo light!

Gonna go with the HLG650 Diablo I’m actually glad that they didn’t have the e720’s as @damien50 pointed out those are designed to be hung at like 12” I need something I can hang high along with my HPS’

Gonna go with the HLG650 Diablo I’m actually glad that they didn’t have the e720’s as @damien50 pointed out those are designed to be hung at like 12” I need something I can hang high along with my HPS’
Looks like a beast of a light! It also says "Optimized for Vertical Rack Grows "
"HLG Scorpion Diablo is designed for grows with low ceiling heights or for vertical racks. HLG Scorpion Diablo uses 6x QB648 Diablo Quantum Boards® for an even light spread at just 12" from the canopy. This is a very efficient full spectrum horticulture lamp with an efficiency of 2.9 PPF/W"

Even with CO2, I don't see how in the hell you could run this light at 12inches! LOL! It still covers a large area at a reasonable height.

Just something to think about, wouldn't a light assembly with multiple bars with thinner light strips block less of the sun during daylight hours?

Looks like a beast of a light! It also says "Optimized for Vertical Rack Grows "
"HLG Scorpion Diablo is designed for grows with low ceiling heights or for vertical racks. HLG Scorpion Diablo uses 6x QB648 Diablo Quantum Boards® for an even light spread at just 12" from the canopy. This is a very efficient full spectrum horticulture lamp with an efficiency of 2.9 PPF/W"

Even with CO2, I don't see how in the hell you could run this light at 12inches! LOL! It still covers a large area at a reasonable height.

Just something to think about, wouldn't a light assembly with multiple bars with thinner light strips block less of the sun during daylight hours?
Yes indeed it would. However I am not as worried about it blocking the light. I realized that in all honesty it might not be a bad thing to block the light. It only blocks it during the hottest and most intense part of the day, which is what I had issues with the last run, things got too hot during the middle of the day.

Yes indeed it would. However I am not as worried about it blocking the light. I realized that in all honesty it might not be a bad thing to block the light. It only blocks it during the hottest and most intense part of the day, which is what I had issues with the last run, things got too hot during the middle of the day.
Good point!

And I think I am moving more towards the 20/4 light schedule anyway. More like 20 hours full sunlight and 4 ish hours of “sunrise” and “sunset” settings

I think that is a brilliant idea for the longevity of the equipment and the effective ROI. Are you running c02 again?

Seen Trolmaster's modular controllers, they have a sunrise/sunset piece that gives wireless dimming and even dim to off features.

I think that is a brilliant idea for the longevity of the equipment and the effective ROI. Are you running c02 again?

Seen Trolmaster's modular controllers, they have a sunrise/sunset piece that gives wireless dimming and even dim to off features.
I’m lookin at them now, they look pretty dope.

And I think I am moving more towards the 20/4 light schedule anyway. More like 20 hours full sunlight and 4 ish hours of “sunrise” and “sunset” settings
You know that's kinds like what the "Rudy" would experience in the "summer".

A very interesting line of thought to pursue during this grow.

Back