Dutch Passion Dutch Passion Orange Hill Special Outdoor Grow + Med smoke report

G.Leave

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I want to upgrade the quality of my reviews further, so i started a new more indepth template. Your might notice that i am a kind of a tough rater. 10/10 ratings rarely exist, as i feel there is almost always room for improvement. If I rate more than a few 10/10 ratings overall, you can expect this strain to be really topnotch. My ratings are based on a single plant, but will be updated to include updated reivew on multiple plants as grown. I am striving to make these medical based outdoor grow reports, to be the most indepth available. Some of my ratings from the medical side will often seem low. That is due to the severity of the 24/7 Chronic Pain and migrane headaches caused from an upper neck spinal chord injury. The best weed i have smoked so far only has a rating of 7.4/10.

SeedBank : Dutch Passion

Strain: Orange Hill Special photoperiod

Did it autoflower?: Y/N No photoperiod strain

Soil/hydro: Started in Promix HP

Transplant: Standard transplant

Average Stalk height: 5 feet

Circumferance: 15 feet

Nutes: Advance Nutrient Connosseur Bloom, Green Planet Massive, Green Planet Terpinator, Well rotted horse manure, Hardwood(maple cherry and Manitoba Maple)leaf mulch(fresh leaves applied in early april)

Light (kind and schedule): 24 hour under Galaxy Hydro and Maro 100X3w for 10 days, then under the sun during the day and under LED all night until day 30. Then planted in the ground on June the 1st. Increasing natural light regime to 16hours on June the 21st. In this location the plant only receives 8 hours of sun tapering down to 6 by harvest.

From seed to harvest date: 6months (april 1st to Oct 18th)

Dry Yield: 6oz (below average)

RATE SCALE: 1-10 rating system with 1 being the worst, and 10 being the best.

Outdoor Grow report:

Mold Resistance 10/10 The last plant to be harvested of the season, and it was the only plant of the season to get no mold...thinking back there might have been a tiny, tiny speck, but no bud was lost. Dealth with numerous heavy rains and multiple frosts late season coupled with very chilly weather.

Insect Resistance 7/10 Had some rainbow leaf hopper troubles on the orange hill special but she outgrew damage with ease.

Bud to leaf ratio 5/10 The upper exposed buds had nice ratio, but virtually anything below the top layer of the canopy was very fluffy, and not worth trimming.

Bud Density 6/10 Not the best formed buds i have ever grown. Not totally airy, but not the nice firm nugs either. At the end of the season(last 2+weeks) our weather was very chilly so this was likely a factor in the end result. Of course the limited light in the location is also a factor.

Tolerance to Nutrients NA/10 - I didnt make any mistakes throughout this plants life.

Tolerance to Wind NA/10 Location is far too sheltered to make a fair assessment on this.

Tolerance to Cold 8/10 We got a stretch of below 10 degrees celcius for 3 days with one day hitting close to 0. Though is a more sheltered area than the "full sun garden" plants, the OHS took the chill no problem. She also took late season frosts quite well, though i admit i put her under an overhanging tree for that very purpose as i was warned she would be a late finisher.

Trichome Production 8/10 Great trichome production on the OHS. It showed early once flowering started.

Ease of Training 7/10 Great plant for training. Smooth branch to trunk transitions. Lost a bit for floppy branches.

Scent Strength 8/10 I realllly like the smell and strength on this. I walked into my friends house and one step in the door i said "oh you must be smoking the OHS i guess huh?" he replied with "Damn you are good!" This plant was a stinker from mid veg to flower with a very appealing citrus orange smell that is rocking strong and very appealing.

Overall Recommendation as an outdoor plant 7/10 - For me with such an early onslaught of cold weather i can only rate this so high. With a later season i would be regrowing absolutely but with out cold falls i think its too much of a risk for a regrow.

Average Outdoor Rating 7.3/10

Medical Effect Report:

Migrane Headaches 6/10 - This strain doesnt do much for the migranes(but very few strains do for my spinal chord induced migrane headaches), but also doesnt effect them in a negative way.

Muscle tension/spasms 8/10 - I find the orange hill special to work quite efficiently in helping back spasms. Not total shutdown, but quells the spasms well.

Severe Chronic Pain 7/10 - Heavy indica body stone, but also a strong uphigh headstone. I get wrecked off the OHS, and it provides a great distraction from the pain, and there is a certain amount of pain reduction for sure.

Anxiety/Depression 7/10 - Used in moderation the buzz is fairly upbeat. Indulging takes it to a more couchlock buzz. I need to try some tincture out of OHS...but I really don't want to, as I love the taste and don't have a whole lot.

High Effect 7/10 - A nice effect overall. Strong effect in both head and body stone.

High Duration 7/10 - I get a nice fairly long lasting effect off this weed. Smoking a full joint in a single sitting result in no need for another for an easy 2 hours.

Overall Medical Effect Rating 7.0/10

Final Thoughts - If i had another 2-3 weeks of nice warmer weather(or flower trigger was 2-3 weeks earlier) i would definitely regrow this strain. I was amazed at the mold resistance of this strain with the late flower trigger. She really held her ground in regards to both cold weather, and being in a location with zero direct sun until 12noon, and daily dew throughout flower.

Plant overview
IMG_44476.jpg

Coloured leaves are climate colour change
IMG_44506.jpg

1 of 8 Main branch tips
IMG_44516.jpg

Main bud from a main branch
IMG_44536.jpg

Yes a solid crystal density indeed!
IMG_44576.jpg

IMG_44596.jpg

A few dried buds
IMG_44886.jpg

Dry Bud Closeup - this plant deserved the 8 star rating on crystal production I would say!
IMG_44896.jpg

once again, a very well documented and illustrated review. What a season you had grobro, pure inspiration for the rest of us! OHS's mold resistance is going to stick in my mind, be nice if they got that into auto

once again, a very well documented and illustrated review. What a season you had grobro, pure inspiration for the rest of us! OHS's mold resistance is going to stick in my mind, be nice if they got that into auto

Thanks bud...if dp made this into a f1 fast version or an auto i would i would definitely grow again

Nice review. Good to see with so much detail. I should take note lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back