New Grower First Autoflower Run - 6 Strains - LED - 3x3x6

Bestbud

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
NYC Diesel, Train Wreck, Candy Cane, Lambs Breath, Early Miss, White Widow
Thanks for reading my post. I’m a decades long outdoor grower but retirement has brought downsizing and I just harvested my first ever indoor autoflower grow! I made some fundamental decisions that might help others looking at their first grow:

Strains – After much research I decided that NYC Diesel, Train Wreck, Candy Cane, Lambs Breath, Early Miss and White Widow would best meet my medicinal needs throughout any day.

Grow Type – I pondered for a long time whether I wanted a perpetual continual harvest garden or a seasonal garden where all plants cycle through the same stages at about the same time and would yield one harvest. I weighed the pros and cons of each grow type and summarized my analysis based on a couple of key principles to my grow, namely:

- Channel controllable LED lighting is a cornerstone of my grow. IMHO, being able to control blue, red and white light spectrum's at different growth stages is advantageous from both experimentation and superior control.

- Consumption of different strains at different times during the day is an important part of my medication therapy. Having only one strain available every n’th grow isn’t as beneficial as having all 6 strains available at the same time.

- Spousal concerns about having a “full-time smelly operation” with a perpetual continual harvest garden vs. a seasonal garden that could take a hiatus from time-to-time.

For me, clearly a seasonal garden where all my plants cycle through the same stages at the same time and yield one harvest is the grow type that works best for me. Here’s my layout:

Lighting - California Light Works - Solar System 550 LED Grow Light

Medium – Fox Farms Ocean Forest in 3-gallon containers

Tent - Plant House Indoor Grow Tents - 3' x 3' x 73"

Exhaust - Growers House Carbon Filter 6" x 16" 400 CFM connected to a Phat Muffler 13-inch x 6-inch Mini connected to an Active Air 6 inch In-Line 400 CFM Fan

Intake - AC Infinity Cloudline S6 6" Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Circulation – 6” 2-speed clip fans

Nutes - Fox Farm Big Bloom 0.01-0.3-0.7 – used during veg, Fox Farm Grow Big 6-4-4 – used during pre-flower and Fox Farm Tiger Bloom 2-8-4 – used during flower

The Lamb’s Breath has already dried to the point that it’s safe to jar all 48.8 gms. of her and the other ladies aren’t far behind. The harvest will be allowed to cure a full 28-days until sampling and then a true 90-days before actual dosing. The buds are firm and dense with a beautiful bouquet. The harvest went with any major incident (other than poor pictures). Here’s some harvest statistics:

NYC Diesel (Monday):
13.5” tall, 8” cola that weighed 39.3 gms. and a total trimmed (wet) weight of 261.3 gms.

Train Wreck (Tuesday):
13.5” tall, 7” cola that weighed 33.2 gms. and a total trimmed (wet) weight of 251.3 gms.

Candy Cane (Wednesday):
9” tall, 4” cola that weighed 13.7 gms. and a total trimmed (wet) weight of 166.3 gms.

Lamb’s Breath (Thursday):
13.5” tall, 4” cola that weighed 13.6 gms. and a total trimmed (wet) weight of 229.2 gms.

Early Miss (Friday):
16” tall, 5” cola that weighed 19.2 gms. and a total trimmed (wet) weight of 266.4 gms.

White Widow (Saturday):
14” tall, 6” cola that weighed 37.8 gms. and a total trimmed (wet) weight of 264.9 gms.

Total trimmed (wet) weight of this grow was 1,439.4 gms. which after drying and curing should yield about 300 gms. of medication which is well beyond the 160 gms. that I was planning for!

The entire grow used 37.27 gallons of well water pH adjusted, 60 ml. FF Big Bloom, 85 ml. FF Grow Big, 205 ml. FF Tiger Bloom and 30 ml. Cal-Mag+.

The minimum temperature in the grow was 65.7°F, the maximum temperature was 86.4°F for an average grow temperature of 77.07°F. The minimum RH in the grow was 26%, the maximum RH was 58% for an average grow RH of 43%.

This grow met my planned schedule in nearly every stage:
Soak: Planned 2/9 Actual 2/9 (on schedule)
Germinate: Planned 2/10 Actual 2/10-2/11 (1-day late)
Seedling (1 wk): Planned 2/10-2/17 Actual 2/11-2/16 (1-day early)
Early Vegetative (2 wks): Planned 2/17-3/3 Actual 2/17-3/5 (2-days late)
Full Vegetative (2 wks): Planned 3/3-3/17 Actual 3/5-3/15 (2-days early)
Pre-Flower (2 wks): Planned 3/17-3/31 Actual 3/16-3/29 (2-days early)
Flower (3 wks): Planned 3/31-4/21 Actual 3/30-4/20 (1-day early)
Finish (1 wk): Planned 4/21-4/28 Actual 4/21-4/28 (on schedule)
Harvest, Trim, Dry (1 wk): Planned 4/28-5/5 Actual 4/28-? (on schedule)
Cure: (4 wks): Planned 5/5-6/2
Medicate: Planned 6/3

As you can tell I kept a very detailed journal chronicling every decision, observation, change, lesson learned and statistics which I hope to use with future grows. While the small stature of these plants may be simply that they didn’t meet their full potential, if that’s the case then I’m 100% sold on auto’s. If someone once told me that a half dozen 12” tall plants could produce over10 ounces of high-quality dried cannabis in 90-days I’d tell them that they found the Rosetta Stone. I guess this new-guy grow demonstrates that sometimes good things come in small packages.

In early June I’ll follow-up with a preliminary smoke report. One thing that life has taught me over these past 62 years is that patience is a worthwhile virtue and I promise not to sample this harvest until the optimal moment. So that’s where I am AFN. I hope at some point down the road when I have a few of these under my belt that I too can be a contributor and help someone else out too. I look forward to your feedback. Peace!
Day 77 Group Final.jpg

Back Left to Front Right:
NYC Diesel, Train Wreck, Candy Cane, Lamb's Breath, Early Miss, White Widow

Day 77 NYC Diesel Final.jpg

NYC Diesel

Day 77 NYC Diesel Cola.jpg

NYC Diesel Cola

Day 77 Train Wreck Final.jpg

Train Wreck
Day 77 Candy Cane Final.jpg

Candy Cane

Day 77 Lamb's Breath Final.jpg