New Grower First Grow in 22 years, Nature's Living Soil

On my second grow I used the Autoflower blend. I had the same issues as the original NLS.

Weeks 2, 10 and 11.
Star Dawg week 11 looking like she's finishing off fine. Fattening up good.... Her trichomes were all still clear, so we will plan on her finishing up by the end of week 11 or start of week 12.
Gum1 (top left, is into week 10, and has been suffering from Nature's Living Soil disease. She is not looking good. Flowering, but at what appears to be less trichome production, and dropping all her leaves. She might end up ok, but expectations are are low. The rest seem ok, but let's hold on the "OK", ie not great. I think they are yellow more than they should? Likely NLS disease, not sure.

weeks 2, 10,11.jpg

Star1 week 11
star1 week11.jpg

star1 week 11
star1 week11b.jpg

Drying:
Bruce 1, chopped last week yielded almost 2 oz's. Had she been left properly 2 more weeks, I bet she would be 1 more oz.
We screwed up the drying process, by waiting too long, and the buds went to 49 RH.
A little misunderstanding, and we went way past dry....49% RH
They are being rehydrated with Boveda 62 packs, and currently 59%.
bruce1 dry.jpg

We squished 7g in our new press (at 50% RH buds, which we know is not ideal), but that's what we did....
The buds were not cured yet, and they were desiccated :( We intended to press them fresh without curing when they hit 62% RH
195F, 2 mins with 120 micron screen. Prepressed to 20% or so for 90 seconds and then cranked the last 45 seconds to 100%
No oozing, running or squirting.
clear but sad returns. Bumped the temperature to 220F, 3 mins and it was improved on the re-press.
when you have lemons, you make lemonade.
yielded a pathetic .3 g rosin.
bruce rosin1.jpg

Then I dropped the glass jar on the tile.... yield down to .2g :(
Decarbed the jar 230F for 45 mins, added a drop of flavorless terpenes (yes, this is above 5% but you cannot transfer less than a drop).

bruce rosinb1.jpg

bruce rosinb2.jpg

bruce rosinb3.jpg

Injected what was there into a cart. Hit it hard. Interesting high. Pine forest taste. A lot stronger than the distillate I'm used too but I'm sure part of that was me sucking on what was left stuck in the syringe. Went to bed happy, woke up in the morning with a headache... lots of room for improvement.
I have read @Mañ'O'Green's posts about pressing rosin and will seek his advice

Attachments

• bruce rosinb2.jpg
    bruce rosinb2.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 20
still clear and no amber for Star1, week 11
View attachment 1298269

View attachment 1298270
Looks good af... Ide beat the breaks off of her for that braindead high I'm so fond of. Give her less intense light if possible maybe in a corner and let the fan leaves die back considerably.. Then you might get all cloudy and some amber... but its not likely. Autos are weird. The trichs will continue to age during the cure so its all good. But the less intense light usually helps.. At least thats my experience.
GL looking good!

Bruce2 NLS disease? yellowing a little early, start of week 10
View attachment 1298277
Well with my limited experience with NLS that looks like the NLS disease. Disheartening after the work and expense you put into the grows just to have it do this. However... it looks like you should be able to make it to harvest. Keep an eye on her.

Give those Boveda packs time to work and they will! I highly recommend their products. I wouldn't hesitate to invest in a decent hygrometer, like $25 range that has a calibration function, and one of the Boveda 75% calibration kits. You can use it to monitor your final product or to baseline cal cheap hygrometers.

Hey some trial and error is needed to find what you like. From what I've read and seen here everyone is quite particular. I think you did a great job after so long away and with "NLS disease." hah! Not really funny but the fact so many people used the same product and had the same problem y'all coined a new term, and that's strong work.

Drying:
Bruce 1, chopped last week yielded almost 2 oz's. Had she been left properly 2 more weeks, I bet she would be 1 more oz.
We screwed up the drying process, by waiting too long, and the buds went to 49 RH.
A little misunderstanding, and we went way past dry....49% RH
They are being rehydrated with Boveda 62 packs, and currently 59%.
View attachment 1298284

We squished 7g in our new press (at 50% RH buds, which we know is not ideal), but that's what we did....
The buds were not cured yet, and they were desiccated :( We intended to press them fresh without curing when they hit 62% RH
195F, 2 mins with 120 micron screen. Prepressed to 20% or so for 90 seconds and then cranked the last 45 seconds to 100%
No oozing, running or squirting.
clear but sad returns. Bumped the temperature to 220F, 3 mins and it was improved on the re-press.
when you have lemons, you make lemonade.
yielded a pathetic .3 g rosin.
View attachment 1298285
Then I dropped the glass jar on the tile.... yield down to .2g :(
Decarbed the jar 230F for 45 mins, added a drop of flavorless terpenes (yes, this is above 5% but you cannot transfer less than a drop).

View attachment 1298286
View attachment 1298288

View attachment 1298289
Injected what was there into a cart. Hit it hard. Interesting high. Pine forest taste. A lot stronger than the distillate I'm used too but I'm sure part of that was me sucking on what was left stuck in the syringe. Went to bed happy, woke up in the morning with a headache... lots of room for improvement.
I have read @Mañ'O'Green's posts about pressing rosin and will seek his advice

:bravo: :slap: congratz & u now have a shiny lil badge for 22 yrz' work :coffee: to display it under ur name, jus go to profile > badgez & click the lil megaphone icon beside it ;) ppp

A member on another site used NLS and had similar/same issues. 12oz. NLS mixed with FFOF in 5 gal pots watered with distilled water. The brown spots started in veg. He had a soil analysis done. Appears that the NLS was the culprit. When I saw these issues in my grows I started adding cal/mag, high phosphorous amendments along with Recharge and Mammoth P when symptoms didn’t improve. Seeing this data I just made things worse. No more NLS soils for me unless I use it as part of a tea recipe. I wonder what the analysis looks like without the NLS?
8D9AF0CB-3CC6-4FE3-96E7-2777C13B87C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Back