Photoperiod Grand Daddy Purple - Bulk Seeds, ordered from Linda Seeds

I have removed every fan-leaf šŸ on the girls with the hope that all branches/nodes will grow big enough to carry buds. Hopefully they recover in a week to ten days, then I'll do one more trimming - leave them for 4-5 days and then I'll switch to 12/12.

Last edited:
They have almost recovered from the defoliation and new tops are visible.

Will give them a few more days then do a second trim-session and after that itā€™s time to let them flower as soon as they are telling me to do the switch šŸ˜Š

Finally got a bottle of proper pH- so hope fully they will look happier and get an even color, or Iā€™ll raise the EC with 0.2.

IMG_8377.jpeg

I hope they will stretch in flower but what Iā€™ve read about the strain it doesnā€™t but itā€™s yet to see. šŸš€

Last edited:
The girls seemed to like the pH-, itā€™s almost like I want to make the switch today šŸš€

But Iā€™ll give them a few more days to collect more energy to have with them on the journey.
Will prune some shading fan-leafs later this afternoon, raise EC just a bit and it is probably the last thing I do, then itā€™s time to let them go. šŸŒ¹šŸŒ¹šŸŒ¹šŸ”„

I gotta say they look really healthy but that is gonna be a pain in the ass during mid to late flower. I hope you got a lot of fans and a good dehumidifier. You're gonna need em.

Hello grow-brother šŸ˜€

Thank you for commenting, very welcomed. :toke:
They look even better now as the time goes now when theyā€™ve got the correct pH-value, hence Iā€™ll give them a few more days.

Im installing a new fan today, so it will be one in each corner - guaranteed on full speed šŸƒ.

Iā€™ll so some minor (letā€™s see) trimming during stretch if they grow a lot to try keep the RH down, but according to other peopleā€™s reviews this strain doesnā€™t stretch a lot - but they were not me, maybe she stretches when i grow her (which I really hope l) as it will help with airflow and yield.

If I had the space 1 and 1/2 feet ~40cm extra in height i would let them grow for 3 more weeks and then flower them šŸ¤£

Got everything ready just to plug in, especially when they starting to form buds, Iā€™ll lower the temps a lot with fresh cold air, and the humidifier is already in position.

Thanks for posting and for giving me a heads up šŸ˜„

Last edited:
Okey, i tried to raise the wattage on the lights from ~25% to around ~40% which made the girls show signs of light-stress - a bit pale, magnesium/calcium deficiencies etcā€¦ so Iā€™m back to 25% on the panels and will raise the EC to 1.5, which seems to be the right move as i checked the trays today and they had eaten a lot of nutrients.

Itā€™s almost like I want to go up i little bit more as they seem to be hungry, but 1.6 in veg seems a lot but letā€™s settle on 1.55 and see what the response is as I know they are okey with this amount of light (~25%).

Added some extra cal/mag, I also took a handful of fan-leafs but I wonā€™t take more for now as it will make them grow slower.

This will be little of an adventure as I never flowered photoperiods before, but I want them to be dark-green or at least an even healthy green before the switch. Two days tops then itā€™s go-time!
Will be ready to raise the nutrients as I expect they will eat even more during the first stage of bloom.

Itā€™s time to flip the girls today ā°šŸš€šŸŒ±šŸ’

They are asking for magnesium so i will add some extra of that to the mix and raise the EC overall, but with the 12 hour rest I think they will be just fine.

It is a bit cold which could affect the stretch.

Last edited:
IMG_8526.jpeg

They are growing and i Will install the fourth corner-fan today and take away around 10% of the bigger shading fanleafs.
EC around 1.6-1.7.

They really start to grow now!
They have kicked into sport-mode! WroOoOoOoOoM!

Perfect temperatures but the humidity is a bit high. This is fun!
The extra fan didnā€™t got delivered so my work have to wait until tomorrow.

Back