Indoor GreenBean's Grows

Hey bro!

I’ve seen two phenos of banana purple punch so it may be possible that you didn’t get the one that turns purple. However, my temps were quite high-ish but I had tried to reduce them a little. I believe mine started turning purple as the buds were forming in week one or two of flower. I reckon if you can emulate a colder environment it will naturally force the plant to throw some purples and Colours out. Banana purple punch is my favourite to grow as of yet. Your gal is looking great And similar structure to how mine was. I’ve been looking into building octopots for my next grow.. thinking of just growing one or two this time around instead of four or five.. it can get cramped in my area.
Thanks.

Not too huge of a deal to be honest. As mentioned, I am going to take a few months off from growing, so seeing a purple before the break would've been cool. I figured that there would be variations. But this one does appear to be in my "keeper" list. So I will grow it again for sure down the line. I will likely start a new grow after the New Year. I just need to focus on my business during the busy season. And I have a lot of stock on hand. So I need to get rid of some before I grow more. This one looks like she'll yield pretty chunky.

As far as lowering temps...it was 111F here the last couple weeks, some days hit 115F. So...hot AF. The tent has fluctuated between 82-88F with the lights on. Not a ton I can do about it, unless I want to go broke running the AC. I figured as long as WE were "comfortable" in the house, then I could deal with whatever the tent was throwing at me. As long as the tent doesn't run dry, it all kind of works itself out. I did have to dim the light a bit here and there to keep the tent in the above ranges.

Luckily the weather here has cooled, but the tent not so much. It's one of those things were a larger tent is easier (for ME) to control climate a bit better. 4x2 fits the space better, but 4x4 is preferable for me.

Like yourself, I seem to prefer to grow fewer in a given space these days. 2 plants at most in a 4x2. Need to stagger the planting times too so that when one goes big it can have the space once one is finished. So...30-45 days between seedlings seems to give an indication about how big a plant is gonna go. Then decide if adding a second plant is going to work.

Day 68 Banana Purple Punch. Donkey D city in the house. Had to readjust her ties. Let’s see what happens!

89DFC777-EA55-4792-8AF1-59543F2FF60E.jpeg

Day 83 for Banana Purple. She’s been pretty much a pleasure to grow. Nice structure all of that jazz. Fairly beastly should be one heck of a yielder.

she’s starting to fade more. Cloudy. She’s on the ripener phase. Probably 2 more weeks. Maybe a tad longer. I’m at the point now where I’m not obsessively worrying about PH so much. Just riding it out.

99150B92-2D6C-487C-A1CB-1EB480D7D641.jpeg
86CC5411-1145-4891-BDC0-7D9A41DA7CF8.jpeg
3FFD4CA9-674C-4C01-AA12-CA08397AE6FC.jpeg

Final Stages for FB Banana Purple
Day 92 FB Banana Purple. Full into the fade and final stages. About 7-10 ish days left. Straight water now. I’m not flushing. At least not intentionally. I just personally never see a difference when I feed till chop. May as well save the nutes. YMMV, in my personal experience, IMHO, and all of that. She’s going to be a nice yielding plant.

D122ED29-FE02-4CC9-8EF5-513300454B8E.jpeg
B22459D6-C05A-4245-9FAA-291FFC188EA0.jpeg
78DE703F-9D7D-4F5D-B449-0641F45F7722.jpeg
66565FDA-6C8D-4980-86AF-3A6EFA63D70F.jpeg

I am about 6 days picking this weekend behind you but I am finishing sooner. Yours look a little bit fluffier compared to mine. The last time I ran Strawberry banana they looked like that. I have no reason why, all the other plants were fine in the same batch. It is not that they were bad they just were not the normal rocks I am used to growing. I would say they had more leaf in them. I really did not realize it till I was cleaning them. Let me know when you are done what you think. I could be wrong.

I am about 6 days picking this weekend behind you but I am finishing sooner. Yours look a little bit fluffier compared to mine. The last time I ran Strawberry banana they looked like that. I have no reason why, all the other plants were fine in the same batch. It is not that they were bad they just were not the normal rocks I am used to growing. I would say they had more leaf in them. I really did not realize it till I was cleaning them. Let me know when you are done what you think. I could be wrong.
They’re super hard. And big buds- I haven’t had much time to take good pictures like I usually try to do. But a little leafier than I might like. Especially after that Mendel, that was perfect. And I hate trimming.

Not really fluffy, but super “fuzzy” looking.

One thing I noticed about this Banana Purple Punch is that the buds don’t frost up until later. But the leaves do earlier. And it’s like a wet, sticky frost on the leaves. A couple times I thought I had PM issues. But it’s the light reflecting off of the frost.

When I come back and start a new thread after the holidays, I’ll do a blackstrap. That should take up the whole 4x2. Then I think I’m going to do an experiment with a photo. I want to see the results in comparison by keeping a photo at a manageable size and weigh the electricity cost, etc. Haven’t grown a totally indoor photo in a long while. I’ll tag you guys when I start that thread up. I need to see what photo seeds I have left though, don’t really feel like buying more seeds for awhile.

I did a little seed exchange with a buddy of mine. I sent him a Blackstrap. He grew it out with grow dots and water. I’ll be the first to admit that I have scoffed at grow dots. I’ve had experience with similar tech fertilizer in the past = osmocote. He did a really good job with it. Beautiful plant.

What’s the point? Well I’m not rushing to buy dots. But now I’m considering going ahead and running Blackstrap. End the year, and this long assed journal on that note. Then take my break. SMFH. I’m addicted to the hobby.

Back