Indoor GreenBean's Grows

I did a little seed exchange with a buddy of mine. I sent him a Blackstrap. He grew it out with grow dots and water. I’ll be the first to admit that I have scoffed at grow dots. I’ve had experience with similar tech fertilizer in the past = osmocote. He did a really good job with it. Beautiful plant.

What’s the point? Well I’m not rushing to buy dots. But now I’m considering going ahead and running Blackstrap. End the year, and this long assed journal on that note. Then take my break. SMFH. I’m addicted to the hobby.
Been doing some bigger runs with the grow dots and I'm currently sold! I was skeptical at first but my first two tests turned out great. I wouldn't go as far to say all of their claims are correct but my grow dots and compost tea combo has been working great. Least issues I've had with a grow so far and most hands off.

And yeah the addiction is real, currently sitting on 6 or 7 Blackstrap beans that are calling my name but if I drop any more my wife might strangle me:crying:

They’re super hard. And big buds- I haven’t had much time to take good pictures like I usually try to do. But a little leafier than I might like. Especially after that Mendel, that was perfect. And I hate trimming.

Not really fluffy, but super “fuzzy” looking.

One thing I noticed about this Banana Purple Punch is that the buds don’t frost up until later. But the leaves do earlier. And it’s like a wet, sticky frost on the leaves. A couple times I thought I had PM issues. But it’s the light reflecting off of the frost.

When I come back and start a new thread after the holidays, I’ll do a blackstrap. That should take up the whole 4x2. Then I think I’m going to do an experiment with a photo. I want to see the results in comparison by keeping a photo at a manageable size and weigh the electricity cost, etc. Haven’t grown a totally indoor photo in a long while. I’ll tag you guys when I start that thread up. I need to see what photo seeds I have left though, don’t really feel like buying more seeds for awhile.
It is weird how some plants get greasy like that and some don't

Been doing some bigger runs with the grow dots and I'm currently sold! I was skeptical at first but my first two tests turned out great. I wouldn't go as far to say all of their claims are correct but my grow dots and compost tea combo has been working great. Least issues I've had with a grow so far and most hands off.

And yeah the addiction is real, currently sitting on 6 or 7 Blackstrap beans that are calling my name but if I drop any more my wife might strangle me:crying:

Yeah I keep flip-flopping on it. I really NEED to take the break. I have so much to do as far as business goes. And we have a dog that is very old and has to have surgery next week and such. Plus 3 other rescue dogs. It gets overwhelming at times. For me, I just grow to grow. I have so much product it's gross. I'm also 4 weeks totally sober. Not that I'm going totally sober, I just can't afford the downtime from the hangovers and such right now. I even get weed hangovers. Always have. Anyone else?

I don't plan on using grow dots, I would continue indoors with FloraFlex. Outdoors I do everything organic. But I want to grow an auto outdoors next year using only Jobe's organic fertilizer spikes. Seems like it would be fun.

I know organic fertilizer spikes, or any other fertilizer that comes in plastic bags and is trucked around the globe isn't really organic. OMRI approved I guess. And I don't use much of that stuff personally. But I would like to try it regardless.

It is weird how some plants get greasy like that and some don't

Yeah I was checking her out last night when I watered. Her buds are rock hard like diamonds. But they look really fuzzy. She is super greasy though.

I think when I run Blackstrap I'm going to lay off the lollipopping a little. Not go as high. I want to see how long I can get the buds.

This grow as mentioned, I decided NOT to top after topping everything for so long. I probably won't top autos anymore tbh. I mean there is nothing wrong with it, I've grown some massive plants that I have topped. I just don't think it's necessary really. And I think it does stunt them if the conditions are not right - which for me is in the summer. They stunt pretty bad in the summer heat when topped. YMMV.

Just have to watch the plants and see how they respond. Learn what works, and really...cut out the unnecessary steps.

Yeah I keep flip-flopping on it. I really NEED to take the break. I have so much to do as far as business goes. And we have a dog that is very old and has to have surgery next week and such. Plus 3 other rescue dogs. It gets overwhelming at times. For me, I just grow to grow. I have so much product it's gross. I'm also 4 weeks totally sober. Not that I'm going totally sober, I just can't afford the downtime from the hangovers and such right now. I even get weed hangovers. Always have. Anyone else?

I don't plan on using grow dots, I would continue indoors with FloraFlex. Outdoors I do everything organic. But I want to grow an auto outdoors next year using only Jobe's organic fertilizer spikes. Seems like it would be fun.

I know organic fertilizer spikes, or any other fertilizer that comes in plastic bags and is trucked around the globe isn't really organic. OMRI approved I guess. And I don't use much of that stuff personally. But I would like to try it regardless.
I hear ya. I can't get motivated in the morning if I have smoking at night to sleepy. I have had 4 dogs as well and put down two this year. I have 27 mile commute to my shop and business has been out of control and I am 6 days a week and have physical therapy twice a week and have to see my Dad who still in his house and my Mom in memory care, I have two newer dogs one that was a rescue Jack Russel mix I got about a year ago and a Chi which I have had for 4 months, I have them potty and pad trained which is good if I get stuck getting home late.
I also have to working on divorcing my wife who I have not seen in 1.5 years. Ya I hear you loud and clear. But the dogs are the best!

IMG_20221002_150327037.jpg

Chip is the Chi and Loki

Banana has been chopped! I’m probably going to grow blackstrap before my break. May as well take advantage of the weather.

Had a question though. Any recommendations on a good auto CBD strain? I think I’d like to try one for my personal use.

Banana has been chopped! I’m probably going to grow blackstrap before my break. May as well take advantage of the weather.

Had a question though. Any recommendations on a good auto CBD strain? I think I’d like to try one for my personal use.
Had my eyes on a mephisto cannacheese release. I've heard great things about twenty20 vidamints. I'll likely try those two out soon.

Had my eyes on a mephisto cannacheese release. I've heard great things about twenty20 vidamints. I'll likely try those two out soon.
Thanks! I have seen the Meph. Is that coming up any time soon? I'm trying not to buy seeds. I have so many I need to try. But will make an exception.

Thanks! I have seen the Meph. Is that coming up any time soon? I'm trying not to buy seeds. I have so many I need to try. But will make an exception.
There's a post somewhere on here where @stan_mephisto said they are aiming for a fall/winter release this year if I remember right? I'm keeping my eye out so if I see it I'll let you know! Definitely wanna grab some of those up even if I have way too many seeds too lol

Back