Indoor GreenBean's Grows

GreenBean

Let's see what happens!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Gorilla shorty 4x2 (my indoor summer tent).
Atreum ARA 41, 3 bars 48" LEDs. Samsung 301 and Cree IRs. Meanwell 320.
Standard 10 gallon fabric pot.
DIY coco/vermiculite/perlite.
MSU 13 nutes in veg. MSU and Flower fuel in flower.
Cal Mag / Silica

I’ll update this as I go. My rule of thumb is heavy veg = heavy flower. This will be my first go at an auto in a 10 gallon fabric pot. I’m testing depth of pot as it pertains to veg period in autos. Next grow after this will be a Mephisto in a 10 gallon TALL pot. Not sure if I’ll combine grows into this thread, or do them separately.

Orange sherbet has already been sprouted.13 days old. Photos to come.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, this will be my first publicly documented grow. Hopefully I don’t balls it up. Here she is at 14 days above soil. After her first "real" feeding,

One thing to mention is that Orange Sherbet likes a bit of heat. Which works out. I’ve got one outdoors that’s loving it.

I tend to waffle between sprouting in 3"peat pots in seed starter mix (my DIY coco) and then peeling the pots away and transplanting into the pot, or rapid rooter plugs, or directly into the pot.

This one went directly into the pot after an 18 hour soak in some water with a dash of recharge.

I think I prefer either the peat pot/ starter mix method, or direct. I feel like sometimes the rooter plugs kind of restrain the roots? Dunno.

Important to note that if you use a mini peat pot /coco pot /whatever - you want to remove the seedling from the pot! Don't just pop the little pot into your final container. I just soak the entire little pot in water for a bit until it's saturated well, and then the pot will literally peel right off. Leaving you with a nice little seedling and your starter mix in your hand.

Important to note that if you use Jiffy Pellets - which I don't, but have for veggies in the past. It's a good idea to peel away that netting before transplant.

From my past experience with sherbs, they like to stay a little stumpy for a bit. I will top her fairly soon, I'd like to see her get a bit taller.

1F38FFB2-3B2E-4740-BE26-9C1FA9CCE824.jpeg
B7B0E606-7627-4CC0-BC29-4FAFCDC56262.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm happy with her to be honest. These sherbs do tend to stay a little low to the ground for a bit and then they bolt up in my experience. They also tend to have sort of hooked, or notched, early leaf sets.

Just topped yesterday on the 16th day at node 5. She's looking strong and wonderfully healthy, I'll try to grab a photo later on. I believe I am going to do this run without a net, it's been awhile since I've done that. I may change my mind. There's a FB Zkittlez on the other side of the tent finishing up. So I may get the 10 gallon TALL pot ready and go ahead and toss the Mephisto in there in the next couple days. So, this may end up being a 2-3 plant grow thread. I will edit the thread title to reflect if so. Mephisto will be double grape.

Note - If I type tall as TALL, it's only to emphasize that whichever particular plant is in a tall 10 gallon vs the standard height 10 gallon that the Sherb is in. Yes, not exactly apples to apples with the strains. But I can still observe the process and results and gauge.

My goal here is to sort of hash out a theory of bigger pot = longer veg, on a different type of scale. If the pot is deeper and it takes longer for the taproot to reach bottom, it could result in even better harvests. Not only that, but the tall pots take up much less floor space. Theoretically, it may be a jungle, but you could easily fit 3, 10 gallon TALL pots and saucers in a 4x2. In addition if a tall pot does increase plant size, you could use talls in 5, 7, whatever size as well. Only concern I might have is if the plant gets top heavy enough to fall over. Sorry for the ramble. I think about this stuff too much.

Day 17, one day after her topping. She’s looking very strong to me. Seems to really be enjoying the larger pot. I’m going to give her a couple days to get acclimated to being topped, and decide on how I want to train her. I’d like to see her get a touch more height before I start LST. Not my first rodeo with Orange Sherbet. I find that they generally stay squatty for the first few weeks, and are more receptive to LST after that.
016BCC78-0930-45B6-93F1-D90149AF72A2.jpeg

I forgot that I’m not running MSU and flower fuel on this auto run. I’m trying out Floraflex. Still using MSU/fuel outdoors on the photos.

Gotta say that FB Orange Sherbet is consistent. Every one I’ve popped has remained low to the ground until flower really sets in. This one is no different. Except this is my first time trying out a 10 gallon. Seems like she wants to fill out the pot before she goes vertical.

I also feel like they’re a little resistant to early LST, meaning they like to split stalks. I’ve done it! so I’m just gently pinning her down a little to expose her fruiting sites.

Day 26.
747E4DE2-0052-40E6-924F-E03AD57F08DE.jpeg
B17E667F-6FF0-4306-B2AD-F1610251286A.jpeg

Back