Help!! Airy Buds

Reaction score
So my friend is growing a Strawberry auto that I started for her. She's on day 59. It's her first time growing, so she's been following what I'm doing. I'm also growing a Strawberry Auto. Both are in 11 litre pots, hers is in a 60x60cm tent. She's using the same Biobizz nutes as me. I gave her some Carboload (I'm using Bud Candy) & we've both been using been using Bloombastic PK booster for about 10 days. She's told me the temp is always about 24 degrees C & RH is about 55%ish. It's in the 60's sometimes 75% at night.
My girls buds are rock hard & hers are airy as f**k. The buds seem to be maturing as she has lots of trichs & her hairs are turning orange. I'm thinking the high humidity at night is having a negative effect? But I'm a relatively new grower myself.
rr.jpg
u.jpg
W.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-05 at 21.48.52.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-05 at 22.07.26.jpg

Last edited:
Far to cold, look at the vpd chart, but also what light does she have etc, lots of variables to answer. Also although they are the same strain it doesn't mean you'll get the same outcome. I'm not a big fan of biobizz nutes for autos myself. Also that plant looks like it has a couple of weeks or so. It could harden up by then.

Far to cold, look at the vpd chart, but also what light does she have etc, lots of variables to answer. Also although they are the same strain it doesn't mean you'll get the same outcome. I'm not a big fan of biobizz nutes for autos myself. Also that plant looks like it has a couple of weeks or so. It could harden up by then.
Sorry, I got that totally wrong. Her temp is about 24 degrees C.
She's using a 100w Migro led.

are you both using the same lights etc because no setup is the same also I've had 2 plants of the same strain next to each other that have grown a lot different so hers may just take a little longer to fill out and finish

are you both using the same lights etc because no setup is the same also I've had 2 plants of the same strain next to each other that have grown a lot different so hers may just take a little longer to fill out and finish
No, hers is an older light. Used for 5/6 grows. But it's a brilliant light. I used it in my last grow. I'm using their newer 120w light.
To be honest I know exactly what you mean. I'm seeing it now with my grow.
The Strawberry's buds are rocks & one of the Fastberry auto's (in the top right) buds fat & hard. But the other two are still very airy. Though the Fastberry is only on day 44. I transplanted them too late, so they started to flower on day 16/17.
IMG_20230206_213734.jpg

Migro lights are good have some myself, she making sure the par is right. Distance an all that, what products from biobizz is being used. R U Irish

A generic or even stupid question: What's wrong with airy buds?

From what I've seen, airy buds are just as good or better as hard buds, and I get the same weight. [Am I an exception/outlier?] Being airy just means that the buds' individual sepals haven't stuck/gunked together, congealed. Theoretically, airy buds should be more potent -- they present a lot more air- and light-exposed surface area, which can only be good. And dense/hard buds are more prone to mold/fungal infestation.

From what I've seen, airy buds are just as good or better as hard buds, and I get the same weight. [Am I an exception/outlier?] Being airy just means that the buds' individual sepals haven't stuck/gunked together, congealed. Theoretically, airy buds should be more potent -- they present a lot more air- and light-exposed surface area, which can only be good. And dense/hard buds are more prone to mold/fungal infestation.
Very true bill I forgot that one. Although when giving the buds to someone else they think they are less quality.

Tbh, I've told her thy will still be very smokeable & it's her first time, so not to worry.
We grow it for medicine (she's a recovering heroine addict) & she can't afford to buy it.
Besides, it's illegal here, so it's hard to find decent bud sometimes.

Back