Seed Bank Herbies seed bank {FAIL}

LadySoil

All about those Autos!!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Cosmic Crisp
Hello AFN,

I just wanted to post about my recent experience with Herbies which was good until my seeds were token at customs. This was my first time ordering seeds I ordered them 8/5 received them sat which was 8/20. So disappointed in their stealth shipping which sucked btw I ordered altogether like 6 seeds with freebies and yeah nothing only a letter that customs gave me.

I’m beyond upset and didn’t realize how hard this was gonna be. Any suggestions on some good seed banks in the U.S? I’m trying to grow on a budget so ILGM wouldn’t be a great choice for me since they are fairly expensive I know several banks e.g I-49 and north Atlantic seeds any others? Need help thanks!

I've had good luck with Greybeard Seeds here in the states. I think they ship from Oklahoma. The last I checked they were having a sale through the end of August.

Even though its legal in the US now to buy/sell seeds apparently customs never got the memo so this happens from them to time and is unfortunate. Surprised you even got your package with a note. My packages usually just never come and stay at customs in tracking. If I order outside the US I get stealth shipping along with insurance. Might be worth it to check Herbie's policies, they might re-send the order if you contact them.

Some great US based banks that I use and ship local, so no customs, is multiverse beans(favorite), hembra genetics, and now Seedsman ships from US as well.
There are also breeder direct purchases such as twisted tree, jean-o, and mephisto that are all US based and ship direct.

If you're on a budget Twisted Tree has some amazing strains like orange bubble gum, alien moon rocks, jimmy jacks and Newberry that are great. Cheapest seeds I've found to date as well, 5 packs are only 28 dollars and you get freebies

Last edited:
I've had good luck with Greybeard Seeds here in the states. I think they ship from Oklahoma. The last I checked they were having a sale through the end of August.
Thank you much I will be definitely checking them out before the sale ends!!

Even though its legal in the US now to buy/sell seeds apparently customs never got the memo so this happens from them to time and is unfortunate. Surprised you even got your package with a note. My packages usually just never come and stay at customs in tracking. If I order outside the US I get stealth shipping along with insurance. Might be worth it to check Herbie's policies, they might re-send the order if you contact them.

Some great US based banks that I use and ship local, so no customs, is multiverse beans(favorite), hembra genetics, and now Seedsman ships from US as well.
There are also breeder direct purchases such as twisted tree, jean-o, and mephisto that are all US based and ship direct.

If you're on a budget Twisted Tree has some amazing strains like orange bubble gum, alien moon rocks, jimmy jacks and Newberry that are great. Cheapest seeds I've found to date as well, 5 packs are only 28 dollars and you get freebies
Thank you for all of this valuable info and it’s funny because I got my package with a shirt and the letter so they basically took my seeds and still sent the shirt! I gave the shirt to my fiancé lol it’s just freakin annoying but I will be checking all of these sites today! Trying to get my plants started already it’s been a rough patch so far

Thank you for all of this valuable info and it’s funny because I got my package with a shirt and the letter so they basically took my seeds and still sent the shirt! I gave the shirt to my fiancé lol it’s just freakin annoying but I will be checking all of these sites today! Trying to get my plants started already it’s been a rough patch so far
That's a bummer lol. But yeah I know how it is, didn't really find out about all the great banks/breeders till I got here at AFN. I've personally ordered from everyone of those above and it was very quick, easy and painless so they'll get you squared away.

That's a bummer lol. But yeah I know how it is, didn't really find out about all the great banks/breeders till I got here at AFN. I've personally ordered from everyone of those above and it was very quick, easy and painless so they'll get you squared away.
Thank you and as the saying goes you don’t know better until you know better lol and yes this place is amazing I’ve learned so much on here to try to make my first grow as smooth as possible. The support on here is beyond amazing! Once I get squared away I’ll share my grow journey with you guys can’t wait!!

Thank you and as the saying goes you don’t know better until you know better lol and yes this place is amazing I’ve learned so much on here to try to make my first grow as smooth as possible. The support on here is beyond amazing! Once I get squared away I’ll share my grow journey with you guys can’t wait!!
You're already off to a better start than I was for my first grow. Definitely let us know what you get and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or issues. Best of luck!

I've read quite a few bad reviews of Grey Beard Seeds... Enough to keep me away.

Caveat Emptor..

Better to go with completely trusted sites like @MultiVerseBeans...
:peace:

I've read quite a few bad reviews of Grey Beard Seeds... Enough to keep me away.

Caveat Emptor..

Better to go with completely trusted sites like @MultiVerseBeans...
:peace:
I personally have had zero issues with about a dozen orders over the past 3 or 4 years with Greybeard. They have always shipped fast and I got what I ordered and a few freebies with each order. I can't speak for others.

Back