Live Stoners New Around Here, First Time Indoor Grow

HaitianPe

New User
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
XJ-13
Sup fellas, I am upon my first stealth indoor grow. Hope I can gain more knowledge on here as a member than I have been as a lurker (deep studying) lol.

SETUP:
60"x60"x80" grow tent, 2 1500W King LED Lights hooked up to timer, 2 osc fans- One hurricane 12" hanging and one tower, one humidifier, one dehumidifier both on IHC-200 controller, 6" AC infinity t-stat fan, filter, and silencer, 1 3 zone Indoor/outdoor thermom/hygrometer (an extra therma pro indoor/outdoor sensor i had as well) so 4 diff zones for temp monitoring, 2 exhale co2 bags almost fully activated ( I know i have an exhaust, bags are hanging real low for co2 to travel up and get a lil usage from plants before being blown out). And some more things im probably missing

Going to be going with Bubbleponics lol, DWC buckets, unfortunately individual buckets. But I will have extras on go with air bubbling all that 1-2 days prior to res change so i can just swap out instead of emptying, cleaning and filling.
For that i have (currently): 5GAL black food grade buckets wrapped in HVAC weather extreme foil tape w/ 8in net pots, EcoAir 8 outlet 380 GPH airpump, black tubing, individual vivosun aquarium thermometers, all that good stuff

I will be using GH Trio series and CalMag, some Hydroguard and some extra GH additives. I have my tools, i.e PH meter, TDS meter, PH up and down, etc. My tap water comes out around 37-41 PPM and 6.7-7.1 PH, my city's water quality index is a 60. etc etc

Currently germinating 6 seeds in rockwool in a humidity dome ( 80-95% Humidity, 77-82 F)
2 Trippy Gorilla Auto- Big Head Seeds
Gelato Auto- Fast buds seeds
Orange Bud Auto- Dutch passion seeds
Cinderella jack Auto- Dutch passion seeds
and a freebie Gorilla Glue... seeds from herbies seed shop, ordered 8/5 received 9/1.

Uhhh, thats my intro.. missing some info but hey. For the most part ive done my research and I have grown outside before in fox farm soil with DynaGro nutes LOL but that was a fail because I had to go to boston and i left my homie to watch em, long story short he killed them.. so yeah, that was 5 years ago thoguh! so hey.. autos are better now lets see, Im going to have a GREAT grow (with help of course from AFN)... so tune in..

DWC will produce huge growth, especially if using the high humidity the Vapor Pressure Deficit chart recommends, so height could become an issue.
6.5 ft (tent height) - 0.5 ft (light distance from ceiling) - 1.5 ft (bucket height) - 1.5 ft (min light distance from plant) = 3 ft tall plants.
I rarely have a plant that short.
Most of mine are 4-5 ft, but I don't top or train.

Autos might be more sensitive to fertilizer, so go easy on ppm.
Personally, I never go above EC=0.9 or I get nute burn.

I couldn't get my co2 meter to register anything with those exhale bags in a vented tent.

DWC will produce huge growth, especially if using the high humidity the Vapor Pressure Deficit chart recommends, so height could become an issue.
6.5 ft (tent height) - 0.5 ft (light distance from ceiling) - 1.5 ft (bucket height) - 1.5 ft (min light distance from plant) = 3 ft tall plants.
I rarely have a plant that short.
Most of mine are 4-5 ft, but I don't top or train.

Autos might be more sensitive to fertilizer, so go easy on ppm.
Personally, I never go above EC=0.9 or I get nute burn.

I couldn't get my co2 meter to register anything with those exhale bags in a vented tent.

Ahh, Never really thought about things getting to tall, only too crowded thanks for that input, I know genetics say 100cm (3 ft 37 inches) on most of the strains but like you said DWC produces huge growth and then accounting for everything else, And for sure on the PPM levels for autos, Im kinda still looking for a solid auto ppm chart.
And yeah after 45 days im going to see how much actual co2 im getting from them.

@HaitianPe :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:.

I love bubbleponics. I have a primer here:

I went to the 5 inch Current Culture net pot for two reasons. The shelf holds the rock wool further from the water (the splashing bubbles can keep it too wet). More important is you pick up a few inches of water depth in the buckets themselves.

ScreenHunter_257 May. 08 16.23.jpg

Super Cropping
Hardest thing for a new grower to do emotionally and physically is to super crop a plant to keep it out of the lights. The problem is many new growers as well as all of us end up in that situation indoors sooner or later. Have some grafting PARAFFIN TAPE on hand just in case. 6" lower than you think you should, roll the stem crushing the inside 3 x the diameter of the stem in length between your forefinger and your thumb, then bend the branch over at that pinch. Bend to 90° from the stem or horizontal to the light. If you did not get a good enough interior crush the stem can break usually just on the top. If this happens just wrap with the grafting tape and all will be well. You may need to tie down the bent over top as many branches just lift themselves right back up. A great lesson to teach yourself on your first harvest or any harvest for that matter is to practice super cropping on branches you have harvested. You will get a good feel for what it is to crush and bend without the dread of "Killing a Cola".

@HaitianPe :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:.

I love bubbleponics. I have a primer here:

I went to the 5 inch Current Culture net pot for two reasons. The shelf holds the rock wool further from the water (the splashing bubbles can keep it too wet). More important is you pick up a few inches of water depth in the buckets themselves.

View attachment 1230280

Super Cropping
Hardest thing for a new grower to do emotionally and physically is to super crop a plant to keep it out of the lights. The problem is many new growers as well as all of us end up in that situation indoors sooner or later. Have some grafting PARAFFIN TAPE on hand just in case. 6" lower than you think you should, roll the stem crushing the inside 3 x the diameter of the stem in length between your forefinger and your thumb, then bend the branch over at that pinch. Bend to 90° from the stem or horizontal to the light. If you did not get a good enough interior crush the stem can break usually just on the top. If this happens just wrap with the grafting tape and all will be well. You may need to tie down the bent over top as many branches just lift themselves right back up. A great lesson to teach yourself on your first harvest or any harvest for that matter is to practice super cropping on branches you have harvested. You will get a good feel for what it is to crush and bend without the dread of "Killing a Cola".

Thanks for the information, and oh yeah i deffo studied that thread right there lol

Sup fellas, I am upon my first stealth indoor grow. Hope I can gain more knowledge on here as a member than I have been as a lurker (deep studying) lol.

SETUP:
60"x60"x80" grow tent, 2 1500W King LED Lights hooked up to timer, 2 osc fans- One hurricane 12" hanging and one tower, one humidifier, one dehumidifier both on IHC-200 controller, 6" AC infinity t-stat fan, filter, and silencer, 1 3 zone Indoor/outdoor thermom/hygrometer (an extra therma pro indoor/outdoor sensor i had as well) so 4 diff zones for temp monitoring, 2 exhale co2 bags almost fully activated ( I know i have an exhaust, bags are hanging real low for co2 to travel up and get a lil usage from plants before being blown out). And some more things im probably missing

Going to be going with Bubbleponics lol, DWC buckets, unfortunately individual buckets. But I will have extras on go with air bubbling all that 1-2 days prior to res change so i can just swap out instead of emptying, cleaning and filling.
For that i have (currently): 5GAL black food grade buckets wrapped in HVAC weather extreme foil tape w/ 8in net pots, EcoAir 8 outlet 380 GPH airpump, black tubing, individual vivosun aquarium thermometers, all that good stuff

I will be using GH Trio series and CalMag, some Hydroguard and some extra GH additives. I have my tools, i.e PH meter, TDS meter, PH up and down, etc. My tap water comes out around 37-41 PPM and 6.7-7.1 PH, my city's water quality index is a 60. etc etc

Currently germinating 6 seeds in rockwool in a humidity dome ( 80-95% Humidity, 77-82 F)
2 Trippy Gorilla Auto- Big Head Seeds
Gelato Auto- Fast buds seeds
Orange Bud Auto- Dutch passion seeds
Cinderella jack Auto- Dutch passion seeds
and a freebie Gorilla Glue... seeds from herbies seed shop, ordered 8/5 received 9/1.

Uhhh, thats my intro.. missing some info but hey. For the most part ive done my research and I have grown outside before in fox farm soil with DynaGro nutes LOL but that was a fail because I had to go to boston and i left my homie to watch em, long story short he killed them.. so yeah, that was 5 years ago thoguh! so hey.. autos are better now lets see, Im going to have a GREAT grow (with help of course from AFN)... so tune in..
Welcome @HaitianPe and nice genetic line you have there:)

273675C6-9155-43B3-8FAD-83F0A9EB22B3.jpeg

One out of 6.... 72 hours after. 1st up trippy gorilla.

Reactions: EP3
Hello and welcome along. :) loads of information on here and people, not me, with loads of knowledge and answers to help keep things right, even just to ease your decision when choosing something as you can choose with confidence. Good luck on your adventure and hopefully its all you want it to be. :)

Back