yeah it is! i'll take a look at your journal. i'm definitely interested in a side by side.

i didn't top this first round. maybe then, less than four weeks???????

She has a lovely structure - LST or is that all natural?

If you trained her ... then you will have added 14 + days minimum. Rough guess etc!

If you have time, do have a read - it is fascinating how autos can be manipulated. I am hoping my Blue Microverse, which comes down tomorrow will beat 15 zips. I wanna a new PB.

I can only grow in 3 lt pots BTW! Pot size aint everything. Slowing the process to get more yield is my goal.

I cannot grow photos, which I would. But the lovely f**** cats keep tearing holes in the tent. My tent is outside .... so ... yeah autos please! <------Double cat reference BTW!!!

Edit : Shamelessly proud of myself! Pink bud. Blue Microverse by Night Owl Seeds. Not a waving contest ... just trying to demonstrate why patience is better.

If your jars are empty - take the lower fluff.......

Last edited:
Patience bro..... you need to play with the kitten. she has so many skills to learn. She is so young. Beautiful but so young to be away from mum.

I have a 5 year old toyger (toy tiger) and a 2 year old curled ear keetso (snow leopard). They only eat raw food, as they are spoilt! The toyger is so Bengal but insistently loving.. to the point of you do what she says. 1hr cat cuddles and climbing frames! I still have scars from her growing up!

We have some Norwegian Forrest Cats and a few Main Coone and some large Bengals in the area (cat crazy neighbourhood) - but they stay well clear from her. She howls like a banshee and has a terrible temper!

The snow leopard is bonkers. Takes the fact her sister rules the enter neighbourhood and lounges around. She hates summer and lies in the coldest dampest shade. In the winter she is a total hunter.... bringing us everything. She likes to eat it all as well! Lovely! We almost lost her twice due to kidney and liver defects.but fortunately we seem to have her medicines OK. She will burn bright, but she has a loving home and nobody else would take her - no insurance is possible rescuing a dying cat. We bit the bullet and many weeks later we got her home from IC. She has only been back over night twice. So hopefully we are almost there now.
oh wow! your poor girl! i hope you get her back to hundred or as close to it as possible. i always said i had a zoo, but you might actually have a zoo. i would like pictures, please!

Jolene was brought into my husband's office. her mother literally gave birth on some dude's porch and all the kittens were doing well except JoJo. she was shunned by the others and much smaller. one day, the dude saw her by herself and listless so he brought her in. when she was brought in she was, as they say, "horizontal". my husband figured if they left her overnight, there'd be a high chance she died. he also knew that i bottle-fed a tortie kitten as a little girl and she was my very best friend, Freckles. he brought her home as a gift even if he didn't know it at the time. to me and to her.

all my animals are old. three dogs and two cats before Jolene. all mutts. cats came as strays around the neighborhood. i'm always so jealous of people with new and/or baby animals. it's so nice to have a new baby around again!

again, pictures would be appreciated by everyone, i think :cool1:

If you trained her ... then you will have added 14 + days minimum. Rough guess etc!

If you have time, do have a read - it is fascinating how autos can be manipulated. I am hoping my Blue Microverse, which comes down tomorrow will beat 15 zips. I wanna a new PB.

I can only grow in 3 lt pots BTW! Pot size aint everything. Slowing the process to get more yield is my goal.

I cannot grow photos, which I would. But the lovely f**** cats keep tearing holes in the tent. My tent is outside .... so ... yeah autos please! <------Double cat reference BTW!!!

Edit : Shamelessly proud of myself! Pink bud. Blue Microverse by Night Owl Seeds. Not a waving contest ... just trying to demonstrate why patience is better.

you're a good man. your plant is fucking glorious. i can't believe you're getting that in such small pots. i will DEFINITELY be reading your journal.

i did some LST early on. but, this is just my first round. i was training the main stem into a spiral for the most part. i can't wait to experiment and do ALL the ideas. so far, on my second round (not pictured) i did topping and am now doing LST and i find the stems fall into more of a star pattern which makes keeping track of everyone much easier.

Dam yeah. See how the buds will keep expanding? Maybe not to that monster of a plant size but they will get fat. Your girls are just starting to develop buds honestly. This is when they put on all the weight and that will be the difference between 14 grams a plant, and over and ounce a plant. Or more. If you see what the buds look like now..... Imagine them losing 60% of their weight and mass because of drying. That's what is going to happen when you chop and dry. Sorry for not really explaining our logic. You could most definitely chop now and have nugs, buttttttttttt you probably don't want to. The Jewelers loupe allows you to "read" the trichs and tell how close she is to wrapping up. I bet right now you have decent amount of clear and decent amount of cloudy trichs. You want all trichs cloudy and some starting to go amber, reddish, or let more go amber like I do and get some stronger body high meds. When trichs are cloudy is when they have reached peak thc. As they go amber the thc actually starts to break down, but in the best way possible in my opinion. Other chemicals will start to get a higher ratio in the buds at a higher level of amber trichs.

Like I said before get a loupe and get to sciencing the shit out of these girls :smoking:

Like @jumper114 said, you can always cut those really small larfy looking buds from the branches that really are not up to par with the rest of the plant. This will also help you by not allowing the plant to devote resources to buds that won't be anything special anyways. A sort of lollipopping, but not quite. I try to remove all tiny tiny tiny lower side branching at the point that they get to heavy flower and those branches look like they just barely started to develop nugs. Then you have some meds to ride out the rest of the grow with :pass:

Of course... Every bit of bud you don't cut off... Will get fatter and produce more, maybe even that larfy airy bud, but hey if it was me and I wanted some meds, best believe the trimmers are coming out. In my opinion, the lost yield is negligible as long as you are not cutting a main branch because you are fiendin lol:pass:

As they go amber the thc actually starts to break downl

yup, the thc is degrading & converting into cbn at that point ;) and sumthin is happenin with the terpz at that point as well, but me can't remember what exactly, lol :rolleyes2: soooo, lemme jus tap @MissUniverse on the shoulder & let her explain it, cuz she luvz gettin all sciencey with stuff like that :smoking: ppp

Ok I got tagged. Sorry I'm exhausted. Heres a quick quote. I need to refine it.
But yes amber trichomes are degraded thc which degraded to cbn and other cannabinoids such as cbd to cbe

Heres literature on synthesis of thc in plants and degradation of some basic cannabinoids
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/cannabinol

From the literature
noone said:
CBDs can undergo photo-oxidation or pyrolysis to CBEs. Alternatively, THCs can be degraded to CBNs in the presence of oxygen, or to more thermodynamically stable Δ8-THCs when exposed to heat. CBCs are converted into CBL-type cannabinoids in the presence of light.

And heres a flow chart
3-s2.0-B978012802147700053X-f53-04-9780128021477.jpg

Terpines snd flavonoids (the taste and flavor of weed which also mediates the high) get destroyed at higher temps as well as when exposed to light and high amounts of air as well as mould spores. These conditions can cause either complete removal of terpines and flavinoids or severe degradation that can affect the taste and high of a plant.

[EDIT]
Basically, why would you want to smoke a whole joint to get the same high you can get from a few puffs? If you want a strain that is meant to make you sleepy there are plants with that goal, ones with high cbd are meant for that and strains such as bubba kush and high cbd and high mycrene plants so you can get the best of both worlds without losing the high quality of the plant. I wrote in one of my threads about how a really cheap eighth of medical in my ass backwards state of the same strain by the same grower (different lot) tested in the teens was all amber and was straight shit. Where as an extremely expensive eighth of thr same weed from the same grower same strain but different lot with cloudy trichomes tested in the very high 20's so I tend to believe theres something to it.
[/EDIT]

Theres a lot more to it. So if you have questions let me know. I am just popping in replying to the tag.
Hope this helps a bit

Last edited:
Ok I got tagged. Sorry I'm exhausted. Heres a quick quote. I need to refine it.
But yes amber trichomes are degraded thc which degraded to cbn and other cannabinoids such as cbd to cbe

Heres literature on synthesis of thc in plants and degradation of some basic cannabinoids
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/cannabinol

From the literature

And heres a flow chart
3-s2.0-B978012802147700053X-f53-04-9780128021477.jpg

Terpines snd flavonoids (the taste and flavor of weed which also mediates the high) get destroyed at higher temps as well as when exposed to light and high amounts of air as well as mould spores. These conditions can cause either complete removal of terpines and flavinoids or severe degradation that can affect the taste and high of a plant.

[EDIT]
Basically, why would you want to smoke a whole joint to get the same high you can get from a few puffs? If you want a strain that is meant to make you sleepy there are plants with that goal, ones with high cbd are meant for that and strains such as bubba kush and high cbd and high mycrene plants so you can get the best of both worlds without losing the high quality of the plant. I wrote in one of my threads about how a really cheap eighth of medical in my ass backwards state of the same strain by the same grower (different lot) tested in the teens was all amber and was straight shit. Where as an extremely expensive eighth of thr same weed from the same grower same strain but different lot with cloudy trichomes tested in the very high 20's so I tend to believe theres something to it.
[/EDIT]

Theres a lot more to it. So if you have questions let me know. I am just popping in replying to the tag.
Hope this helps a bit

:thanks: ppp

YOOOO. mind blown. @MissUniverse HI! thanks for chimiing in! i find it so informative. lemme ask you, cuz i read up on trichomes and there are three different kinds: the long threads that are naked to the eye, the little mushrooms that appear like "crystals" to the eye and then one even smaller type. which ones am i looking at to turn cloudy? my girls "threads" are half amber and half white. i have "crystals/mushrooms" that i can see with my eye. i don't have the loupe yet, but i took some pics with my micro lens and can zoom in pretty fucking close. i can see the mushrooms very clearly. is there something else i'm missing?

thank you so much in advance.

Back