YOOOO. mind blown. @MissUniverse HI! thanks for chimiing in! i find it so informative. lemme ask you, cuz i read up on trichomes and there are three different kinds: the long threads that are naked to the eye, the little mushrooms that appear like "crystals" to the eye and then one even smaller type. which ones am i looking at to turn cloudy? my girls "threads" are half amber and half white. i have "crystals/mushrooms" that i can see with my eye. i don't have the loupe yet, but i took some pics with my micro lens and can zoom in pretty fucking close. i can see the mushrooms very clearly. is there something else i'm missing?

thank you so much in advance.

if by "threadz", u mean the "hairz", or pistilz (correct name), a plant can keep poppin out white hairz up til right before harvest, and thus, are never a fully indicative factor of, well, much at all really, lol :rolleyes2: ah, but the "crystalz/mushroomz" as u call them, or -> actual trichomez (correct name) are exactly what u'll be lookin for to turn cloudy, then amber as they degrade ;) it'z all about the trichz! :headbang: fwiw, i meself like to call em "lil fencerowz of golfballz on teez" :coffee: ppp

if by "threadz", u mean the "hairz", or pistilz (correct name), a plant can keep poppin out white hairz up til right before harvest, and thus, are never a fully indicative factor of, well, much at all really, lol :rolleyes2: ah, but the "crystalz/mushroomz" as u call them, or -> actual trichomez (correct name) are exactly what u'll be lookin for to turn cloudy, then amber as they degrade ;) it'z all about the trichz! :headbang: fwiw, i meself like to call em "lil fencerowz of golfballz on teez" :coffee: ppp
okay, brother! i'm on your page. imma look at my lil fencerowz. cloudy. amber means over done but still usable, medicinally, as @Illini4life pointed out. i'm definitely not at amber yet. mos def, not even at cloudy. my loupe is on the way.

okay, brother! i'm on your page. imma look at my lil fencerowz. cloudy. amber means over done but still usable, medicinally, as @Illini4life pointed out. i'm definitely not at amber yet. mos def, not even at cloudy. my loupe is on the way.

well, now u know the synopsis & all soundz good m'lady :thumbsup: ppp

Sorry I didnt reply yesterday, I think 420 got your questions answered though. Let me know if he did or not. But I think he did

hey guys, long time no talk. i went away for work and when i got back, i was so far removed from the first grow, i didn't feel like talking about it anymore. but, my second round is almost ready for harvest and it took me back to this site and thread. so, this is my wrap up.

shortly after my last post on 9/14 is when i went away for work. actually, it was just over a week after my last post. my plants were at ten weeks exactly when i harvested. i don't think they were entirely ready, but i was going to be gone for a while and there was no way i was leaving the end care and harvest of the plants up to my husband who has spent a total of about an hour in the plant room since i started this journey. so, i harvested early and i paid for it. i think an extra week would've done nothing but good. i wound up with just over an ounce from the two plants together. here's a couple pics.

DSC_0181.jpg
DSC_0185.jpg

the buds dried and cured for about three weeks while i was away and i will say, it smoked beautifully. both plants were great. i gave some to a friend and she tried to pay me for it.

so, in the end, i made a trillion mistakes. i planted four seeds and only two of them made it all the way to "harvest". i used free shed dirt and shitty lights. i got fungus gnats and couldn't ph my water to save my life. i under-watered and over-watered and, quite honestly, i'm glad to be done with the first round. it was definitely a learning experience.

i now have six plants going in different stages of life. i'm less obsessive and much more zen. i'm also more daring. not only have all my new plants been topped, but i also tried a little HIGH stress training (by "breaking" the stems instead of just tying them down) on a couple of them with great success. i've read that autos shouldn't be put through high stress, but i have a strain called Low Girl and she HATED being tied down. honestly, one day i got so frustrated, i was like, "experiment time!" and figured if i killed this plant, it'd be part of the learning experience. also, i had three other plants going at that time, so fuck it. i "snapped" a couple stems to see what would happen. well, it whipped her into shape. maybe she got scared and decided she should start cooperating with the crazy, snapping woman.

on top of that, i upgraded the plant room and all my equipment. i now have a wide range of lights (but, obviously, they'll always continue to get upgraded). i got myself a cheap ph reader, which was a game changer. i'm using fox farms happy frog.

i'm still fucking around with nutrients. i had the five pound bag of Nature's Living Soil Super Soil Autoflower Concentrate. i just finished using that with my last planting. i really loved how easy that stuff was. you just mix it in and use ph'd water from there. but, i want more yield, so i also bought the sample box from Oregon's Only Nectar For the Gods. someone mentioned it on one of your journals and i thought it sounded like a good deal. turns out, it's an incredible deal. for $38 (the sample box is free. you just pay whatever it costs them to ship it to you) i got a sample case that comes with a quart of Gaia, Medusa, Zeus, Demeter’s, Athena’s and Herculean Harvest, as well as an 8-ounce bottle of Khaos and Olympus up. it's a HUGE amount of nutes, guys, considering you use, at most, two tablespoons of each product per gallon of water. i haven't used it yet. it comes with a feeding schedule, but it's specific to photos. i don't know how that translates to autos, so i'll have to contact them for help with that one.

SIDE NOTES: Jolene is still small. we've estimated her birthdate to be 8/14 which puts her at 8 1/2 weeks old. she's the sweetest, most rambunctious baby i've seen in a long time. she can play for hours, but then she always crawls on my lap for her naps. she sleeps next to me under the covers. i think she likes me :)) here's a picture of her i just got up and took.

IMG_2512.jpeg

okay, my friends. that's it :cool1: i would call my first grow a failure except for the fact that i DID wind up with some lovely smoke and a LOT of learned lessons.

on the next, on on to the next one...

CHEERS!!

hey guys, long time no talk. i went away for work and when i got back, i was so far removed from the first grow, i didn't feel like talking about it anymore. but, my second round is almost ready for harvest and it took me back to this site and thread. so, this is my wrap up.

shortly after my last post on 9/14 is when i went away for work. actually, it was just over a week after my last post. my plants were at ten weeks exactly when i harvested. i don't think they were entirely ready, but i was going to be gone for a while and there was no way i was leaving the end care and harvest of the plants up to my husband who has spent a total of about an hour in the plant room since i started this journey. so, i harvested early and i paid for it. i think an extra week would've done nothing but good. i wound up with just over an ounce from the two plants together. here's a couple pics.

View attachment 1114498View attachment 1114499

the buds dried and cured for about three weeks while i was away and i will say, it smoked beautifully. both plants were great. i gave some to a friend and she tried to pay me for it.

so, in the end, i made a trillion mistakes. i planted four seeds and only two of them made it all the way to "harvest". i used free shed dirt and shitty lights. i got fungus gnats and couldn't ph my water to save my life. i under-watered and over-watered and, quite honestly, i'm glad to be done with the first round. it was definitely a learning experience.

i now have six plants going in different stages of life. i'm less obsessive and much more zen. i'm also more daring. not only have all my new plants been topped, but i also tried a little HIGH stress training (by "breaking" the stems instead of just tying them down) on a couple of them with great success. i've read that autos shouldn't be put through high stress, but i have a strain called Low Girl and she HATED being tied down. honestly, one day i got so frustrated, i was like, "experiment time!" and figured if i killed this plant, it'd be part of the learning experience. also, i had three other plants going at that time, so fuck it. i "snapped" a couple stems to see what would happen. well, it whipped her into shape. maybe she got scared and decided she should start cooperating with the crazy, snapping woman.

on top of that, i upgraded the plant room and all my equipment. i now have a wide range of lights (but, obviously, they'll always continue to get upgraded). i got myself a cheap ph reader, which was a game changer. i'm using fox farms happy frog.

i'm still fucking around with nutrients. i had the five pound bag of Nature's Living Soil Super Soil Autoflower Concentrate. i just finished using that with my last planting. i really loved how easy that stuff was. you just mix it in and use ph'd water from there. but, i want more yield, so i also bought the sample box from Oregon's Only Nectar For the Gods. someone mentioned it on one of your journals and i thought it sounded like a good deal. turns out, it's an incredible deal. for $38 (the sample box is free. you just pay whatever it costs them to ship it to you) i got a sample case that comes with a quart of Gaia, Medusa, Zeus, Demeter’s, Athena’s and Herculean Harvest, as well as an 8-ounce bottle of Khaos and Olympus up. it's a HUGE amount of nutes, guys, considering you use, at most, two tablespoons of each product per gallon of water. i haven't used it yet. it comes with a feeding schedule, but it's specific to photos. i don't know how that translates to autos, so i'll have to contact them for help with that one.

SIDE NOTES: Jolene is still small. we've estimated her birthdate to be 8/14 which puts her at 8 1/2 weeks old. she's the sweetest, most rambunctious baby i've seen in a long time. she can play for hours, but then she always crawls on my lap for her naps. she sleeps next to me under the covers. i think she likes me :)) here's a picture of her i just got up and took.

View attachment 1114528

okay, my friends. that's it :cool1: i would call my first grow a failure except for the fact that i DID wind up with some lovely smoke and a LOT of learned lessons.

on the next, on on to the next one...

CHEERS!!

JOLENE!! :jump: yup, ya crazy, snappin woman, u have now officially paid the "price of admission" to the auto club, lol :shooty: and now, as u say, it'z on to the next one :smokeit: it'z too bad bout havin to do the early chop, but oh well, u did at least get sumthin to smoke that u grew urself & that'z all that countz when the day is done ;) i for one am lookin forward to continued growz from u fer sur! :thumbsup: me jus started an auto kush grow, but this sillee new system won't lemme put the link in me sig for sum sillee reazon & me don't hijack other peepz threadz like that, but hint, it'z in the breederz section under Female Seeds, hehe :coffee: LUV the pic of Jolene & glad to hear she'z doin well :thumbsup: me got a new pupper while u been gone, a black lab named Gracie, 1y 4m old :biggrin: UP THE IRONZ!! :headbang: ppp

JOLENE!! :jump: yup, ya crazy, snappin woman, u have now officially paid the "price of admission" to the auto club, lol :shooty: and now, as u say, it'z on to the next one :smokeit: it'z too bad bout havin to do the early chop, but oh well, u did at least get sumthin to smoke that u grew urself & that'z all that countz when the day is done ;) i for one am lookin forward to continued growz from u fer sur! :thumbsup: me jus started an auto kush grow, but this sillee new system won't lemme put the link in me sig for sum sillee reazon & me don't hijack other peepz threadz like that, but hint, it'z in the breederz section under Female Seeds, hehe :coffee: LUV the pic of Jolene & glad to hear she'z doin well :thumbsup: me got a new pupper while u been gone, a black lab named Gracie, 1y 4m old :biggrin: UP THE IRONZ!! :headbang: ppp
hey brother! a new dog?! you're so lucky! it's always so amazing to get new animals in your life. i'd love to see a pic of Gracie :cheers:
i'll definitely be looking for your kush grow. one of my next harvests is a berry kush. she smells like heaven :cool1:

but ACTUALLY i have health questions about my second round. maybe i'll see you in the infirmary!

hey brother! a new dog?! you're so lucky! it's always so amazing to get new animals in your life. i'd love to see a pic of Gracie :cheers:
i'll definitely be looking for your kush grow. one of my next harvests is a berry kush. she smells like heaven :cool1:

ya, she'z def filled a spot for sure & me gotta run to town real quick, but i'll get ya a pic as soon as i can ;) ppp

Back