New Grower IV: Twenty20 Mendocino Trizkits again!)

Day 38: BUGS! Ran in 2L of water to about 500ml of runoff with 4g/L Gnatrol BTI. Significant number of small, white, darty movement larvae washed out. Top of soil sprayed with Neem oil and the sides of the grow bag as well.

Day 39: Nothing, let it dry.

Day 40: 6/20 I've got less bugs! I don't know what they are but the other plant has loads of them getting flushed out with the runoff. I suspect fungus gnats but I have not seen but one adult. Just very very small larvae that end up in the runoff and dart about. I've been hitting both plants with BTI and getting a good bit of runoff to flush them out plus spraying the top of the soil and down the sides of the growbag with Neem oil.

Additions: 1L Distilled water
Protekt/Silica to 50ppm
MagPro to 110ppm
FoliagePro to 350ppm
Bloom to 650ppm
Added 2g of Gnatrol BTI
pH up

Final numbers: pH 6.4 and 695ppm
Full litre of water in and only 100ml of runoff
Significantly less "bugs" washed out today.

P1030602.JPG

Added some LST ribbons to spread out some of the lower branches.

P1030604.JPG

P1030603.JPG

Looks like she is recovering. I think she looks hungry...could be the lighting :thumbsup:
I send you :vibes:so she'll recover soon and give plentiful harvest :meds:

Day 45: 6/25 - I apologize I missed a couple days worth of updates! It appears the BTI/Gnatrol has been working. The new growth looks nice and green again. The older leaves, ah, well. Been getting very few dead larvae in the runoff. Tomorrow will be another dose. They recommend 3 doses spaced 5 days apart. The plant seems to have responded well.

Added 1L of water, resulted in 15-20ml of runoff and 0 bugs!
Grow nutrients reduced and Bloom increased

Pics:

Full plant shot.

P1030626.JPG

Flash on shows the difference in color. The older leaves are pale but the newer ones tucked in there are looking nice and green again. I think I've sorted out the nute and bug issues.

P1030630.JPG

The top of the center main

P1030628.JPG

Looking good, nice to see a journal of this strain. Much appreciated! I've got some of Twenty20mendos gear en route and there's still not much out there on them. This strain seems quite vigorous. In the future, if the plant is showing deficiencies I would keep increasing the PPMs more significantly each feeding until you see some minor tip burn on the newest growth, and then pull it back from there. She seems to be a very hungry girl!

I noticed you've been keeping your medium quite wet. The bugs you have sound like they might be springtails which are nothing to worry about at all. Look into it to be sure though, incase they are something more sinister. Sounds like it's under control but knowledge is power.

Looking forward to seeing how these girls finish up for you.

Last edited:
Day 51 : 7/1 I've been increasing the feed over the last 2 weeks. Slightly bumping up the bloom nutes and lowering the grow slowly. Tonight watered in 650ml and got just a few steady drips of runoff. Increased the MagPro and Bloom, doubled strength by ppm instead of ml to keep everything in ratio. I've not seen any tip burn yet with the slow increase and new growth looks really nice and green.

Additions:
650ml distilled water, 0ppm (sequential ppm increasing with each addition)
Protekt silica to 50ppm
MagPro to 290ppm (added 240ppm up from 120ppm)
FoliagePro to 350ppm (decreased to 60ppm down from 130)
Bloom to 700ppm (increased from 300 to 350 and will increase incrementally over the next 2 weeks)
pH adjusted up to 6.5

Pics:

P1030645.JPG

Nice changes since 6 days ago. Top main:

P1030646.JPG

P1030648.JPG

New growth looking verdant and healthy! I think I'm on the right track as this new branch shows. I put an LST ribbon on it to get it out from under the other branch. Hope it gets out into the light.

P1030647.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Day 56 : 7/6 Steady growing. Dropped the grow nutes way down and upped the bloom. Been on the feed, water, water cycle. Running in about 500-600 ml per day and getting just a few drops of runoff. Feed days are going in at 650ppm, which is a little strong but the plant kept looking hungry. Tomorrow starts week 9 so just a week or so of the high ppm feed and then start backing off for the finish.

Pics: Not bad for a 0.8gal pot!

P1030662.JPG

P1030663.JPG

Day 61 : 7/11 Adding size and starting to change colors a bit. I think it's getting close. I took the most zoomed in but still clear shot I could and I think I see ambers lower down on the older parts of the buds. Tops are still quite clear but lots of milky heads every where. Another week at least right? hahahah.

Pics:

Quite pleased with this one
P1030674.JPG

Nice side guy!

P1030676.JPG

Main cola:

P1030677.JPG

The closest I could get with the macro setting and still have it clear. I've zoomed in a bunch of times but I just can't quite tell. I think I'll wait at least another week.

P1030698.JPG

Day 61 : 7/11 Adding size and starting to change colors a bit. I think it's getting close. I took the most zoomed in but still clear shot I could and I think I see ambers lower down on the older parts of the buds. Tops are still quite clear but lots of milky heads every where. Another week at least right? hahahah.

Pics:

Quite pleased with this one
View attachment 1342106

Nice side guy!

View attachment 1342107

Main cola:

View attachment 1342108

The closest I could get with the macro setting and still have it clear. I've zoomed in a bunch of times but I just can't quite tell. I think I'll wait at least another week.

View attachment 1342109

old grower'z mantra -> when u think they're ready, wait another week ;) ppp

Those still look like they have atleast 2 weeks left. You are monitoring the heads with a loupe? Just the fact that it's pushing out new pistils is a sign she's about to put on another wave of Flowering growth. But the resin heads Ultimately tell the story.

That plant is Still quite hungry though, so I would say that the 650 ppm wasn't nearly as much as she could take during mid Flowering. Seems to be a hungry strain. Although I can see some older signs of burn damage. You may have over corrected when dialing back the nutes, especially if you did that early before the plants demands increased.

I would feed them good and not consider flushing yet. You'll be surprised how much more they can still develop if allowed to

Last edited:
Thank you for the insight @North Forge ! I appreciate eyes on. I do have a small handheld microscope/loupe that I've been checking with. I agree with the plant being hungry and using everything I threw at it. I was quite surprised especially since it's in a pretty small, 0.8gal, bag. I was thinking at least another week at full throttle before deciding. The lower section of any of the large buds have ambers but the tops are all clear still.

Overall I was expecting at least 2 more weeks and to finish out in the high 70 day range.

Back