I'm happy to be included in the Kind Soil tests! I've been curious about running a hot soil so here's my chance! Not only will it be an interesting test, it may give me some ideas to test down the road.

I'll grow 4 Double Bubbly, a never released Mephisto Strain that I've not had a chance to grow out properly, so I decided this was a good opportunity. I'll use standard 2 gallon pots. I'll grow 2 in the Kind soil, 2 in my organic, simple soil mix. I'll use RO water with 90-120 ppms of cal/mag per gallon. I'll be using the small, 32"x 32"x60" tent with the Mars Hydro 192x3 Reflector LED growlight.

This should be an all around fun grow! And I can't wait to see what others will grow for the test!

Lets show them Autos that kickass!

I'm keen on the idea pops! :D

I'll be watching with interest! I have a plan but i'll wait to see what your's and EoF's look like in a couple of weeks!
Hope it all goes well!

What are you using for the top 4/5ths odd of the medium?? (or have i misunderstood something and you're going direct to kind soil?)

:d5:

I'm on the fence about topping with my soil or using coco. I may do a pot of each. I'm skeptical about using plain coco as a medium so I think the one of each could show whether or not thats actually a worthwhile method or not.

I'm keen on the idea pops! :D

I'll be watching with interest! I have a plan but i'll wait to see what your's and EoF's look like in a couple of weeks!
Hope it all goes well!

What are you using for the top 4/5ths odd of the medium?? (or have i misunderstood something and you're going direct to kind soil?)

:d5:

Haha Selfish Blue Speaking - can you do coco please?? :D

I've been spinnng my head over it - part of me thinks its not going to work for a couple of obvious reasons. I was tempted with Canna Bio Terra Plus as a luxury base. Although i got bags of coco.

I guess you're thinking the same as me - coco likes 5.6-62 ... kind soil likes 6.2-6.8
I know what happens to the buffers and the PH with plain water in my coco (it's bad)
& how will the plant feed bfore the tap root gets to the bottom.

Questions questions with no apparent answer yet! :D

Team Player Pops!! :rofl:

I'm subbing up here to follow! Those are valid concerns blue, same I had, about the seedlings in pure coco probably needing some nutrition for the several days before the roots get to the KindSoil. They've assured us it just needs water (with like Earth Juice natural pH up or down only if absolutely necessary for your water). I still have that concern though about those first few days. I'll be doing mine with about 65% coco / remainder organic soil on top, so I'll be fine.

I'm also think that it has no nutes for the seedling. I don't think ph is an issue, its the way the coco is used as a medium to hold a hydro style solution that requires a lower ph. I use 30% coco in my soil with no ph issues ever!

Haha Selfish Blue Speaking - can you do coco please?? :D

I've been spinnng my head over it - part of me thinks its not going to work for a couple of obvious reasons. I was tempted with Canna Bio Terra Plus as a luxury base. Although i got bags of coco.

I guess you're thinking the same as me - coco likes 5.6-62 ... kind soil likes 6.2-6.8
I know what happens to the buffers and the PH with plain water in my coco (it's bad)
& how will the plant feed bfore the tap root gets to the bottom.

Questions questions with no apparent answer yet! :D

Team Player Pops!! :rofl:

its the way the coco is used as a medium to hold a hydro style solution that requires a lower ph.

Good call - of course it is! :D I always put coco and 5.8 together ... but as you say it's the hydro feeding.

So thinking it takes about 2 weeks for an auto tap root to hit the bottom of a 3 gallon pot, it'll be feeding from it's coteldoyoyons for 1 of those weeks.

I've got high hopes for Kind Soil! :D

looks like a winner to me man!! ill be doing two varied layering methods and also,atleast one simple mix of that blended 50/50 or thereabouts.LOL nice plant man! no cal mag eh? that has me concerned a lil bit to be honest.LED's?
I did not need it on another grow I added cal mag and then ph'd the mix and got some spotting real bad so I flushed and just continued with distilled water and all was good and yes LED's

Back