ya Ive used upwards of 60% mix with plain coco coir and TLO soil. never went a lot higher than that.maybe a cpl times close to 65% or so but all coco? man I wanna see that. Ph that low would rip any life apart. as a simple feeding regime Id bet it';ll work great if you wanted to do that and PH till it catches and feed once early seedling strength n all that,but it'll prolly work that way..? imo. ya I wanna do a full on coco myself without anything n see what we see and a blend 50-50 and layer as stated in the literature.but those are the three ways I plan on running with small variations in between. should be fun!!

cant wait to see that un released strain too!!

so it was a fully integrated cal mag soil then? nice!! Ive done that partially ,but never went super heavy on the salts and varying compnents for fear of unsettling the life.cool man,thanks good to know.
Have a good grow.. In my next one I am going to try adding a few fully organic enhancers to my water without PHing it to see if I can push it a bit..

I'll be interested to hear the smoke report comparison as it's supposedly hot enough to sustain a long grow photo, and whats left after an auto grow can't be flushed prior to harvest.

(Yup, I know the whole natural dont need it thing, I still flush natural as much as I can and I "think" I can tell the diff in my own grows if I dont... but maybe it's just me...)

Tag.... I'm in :smoking:

Flushing is a myth and does nothing but kill your plant.

I'll be interested to hear the smoke report comparison as it's supposedly hot enough to sustain a long grow photo, and whats left after an auto grow can't be flushed prior to harvest.

(Yup, I know the whole natural dont need it thing, I still flush natural as much as I can and I "think" I can tell the diff in my own grows if I dont... but maybe it's just me...)

Tag.... I'm in :smoking:

I was refering to final flushing of plants before harvest actually. There is no scientific basis for "flushing" to improve taste, etc., whether in soil or hydro.
I was referring to flushing just prior to harvest, since you mention it kills plants im assuming I must not have typed that out very clearly... hazards of being stoned I guess... :biggrin:

well got mine ready.a moonstone amnesia from Stone I believe,this is 2 and 1/4 LBs of kind soil tamped at the bottom as per the pic and 11(33 cups roughly) scoops of plain unused coco coir and two scoops of my soil( 6-7 cups) to provide the smallest of foods for early life.its well over 85% approaching 90% prolly. and the top 1/2" to an inch is plain coco as you can see as I pulled back the coco to expose the soil and mostly coco mix in the pic.soaking for roughly 18 hours and will water it in completely with grey water from the tap/well,and we'll see in a cpl weeks or so.

and ill be doing other ways with this mix I just wanted to get the way they described kinda going with just about 100% coco.almost anyway. you could use something like Dr earth or similar Id think.

007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG
014.JPG
015.JPG
016.JPG
017.JPG

I was refering to final flushing of plants before harvest actually. There is no scientific basis for "flushing" to improve taste, etc., whether in soil or hydro.

So you personally do not taste a difference between one that was fed nutes till harvest and one that was switched to water only prior to harvest ?

Oops, hold on... another old guy moment... I use different terminology than you because prior to joining here I've never really discussed my grows.

I have always called the final switch to water prior to harvest as a "flush" as well

I did not mean a flush as in break down and get rid of salts by running a gazillion gallons through a 5 gallon pot. I have no need for that kind of flush

Back