Status
Not open for further replies.
@Son of Hobbes I cannot get in to this post. I am thinking a permissions problem since dropping out of staff. I need to up date it. Would you please see if you can fix it, Thanks.

@BII I will post the newest info there when I cancan

Try now.

This is exactly how I do it, and I'm only on day 3 so I do the widening circle too just after a few days of course. I just water slowly with a sprayer and never experienced the hydrophobic run off either.
The part you said about a small root ball makes perfect sense!
Believe me….. I learned the hard way.

A cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in three days, are you staying ahead of that possibility? True that is under ideal conditions but isn't that what we strive for? Yes you can get a stunted root system by watering to much to often. Ideally you want the soil to remain at "field capacity" for perfect root penetration. This is a difficult target in a small volume of soil. All substrates have a microbiome even in hydro. Depending on which ProMix you are using they even add Mycorrhizae. You want to keep them alive. Yes you want a "dry down" period between waterings/fertigation to encourage root growth but a root will not grow into dry soil. I believe you will get better results in soil that is not allowed to dry!
I mean, according to the plants, they’re happy. And yes, the tap can grow 9” in three days but the pot is only so deep…. I just found a way to avoid the overwatering problems that are so detrimental to an auto flowers early life…..

I mean, according to the plants, they’re happy. And yes, the tap can grow 9” in three days but the pot is only so deep…. I just found a way to avoid the overwatering problems that are so detrimental to an auto flowers early life…..
Oh yes, watering is an art form!

Is it an Old thread @Mañ'O'Green ....?.... @Son of Hobbes has been Indexing them...so if it hasn't been Used or posted in for a couple of years it might be that....... :headbang:
Thanks Mum, I can edit it now. I just wanted to keep it as a tutorial and not open conversation.

I have been absent for a few days, Did I miss any Mossy - Hubby entertainment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back