Indoor Mars Hydro grow journal: WildBill does Hubbabubbasmelloscope in EarthBoxes under MarsHydro SP3000

Yes do..I think there is possibly some insight into the issues you and I have had with our SIP grows and at the very least I can say it increased my understanding of SIP growing which can only be good...the whole thing is good but the SIP discussion starts around the 30 min mark :headbang:
Yeah it did

Yesterday was just another cruise control day. Water usage was almost identical to prior day with a slight increase on both. Trich production on HBSS is showing very well.

Kong and Stomper are just bulking up. With this being the second grow under the California Lightworks 220, which is actually 160watts, It will grow canna for sure, but it seems to keep them short and bulky. I've kept that light at 19in above the main cola. That's about as close as I can get and get a good footprint for the coverage. It probably will grow bigger girls in a small tent with just one girl in a small tent.
I just hope they keep packing on the bud!

Stomper
IMG_20210304_172224443_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210304_172244341_HDR.jpg

KONG
IMG_20210304_172425342_HDR.jpg

Future Canna in the making! :headbang: :headbang:
This tote has been cooking 5 or 6 weeks so far. Earlier this week, I gave it a "Stimulus Package"! It seems to be working!
I haven't added any worms yet, but it should pretty soon.
IMG_20210305_094539228_HDR.jpg

Yes do..I think there is possibly some insight into the issues you and I have had with our SIP grows and at the very least I can say it increased my understanding of SIP growing which can only be good...the whole thing is good but the SIP discussion starts around the 30 min mark :headbang:
In light of that vid and a hint of sour smell, I'm currently draining the small HBSS rez. Looking back, I should have lrt the rez dry out when I applied the EM1 treatment. By watering each day, I diluted the treatment each day. Lesson learned!

I'm going to drain the other HBSS. I haven't smelled anything from that one, but I could miss two cycles of waterings and still be safe.
By the beginning of the light cycle tomorrow, Both the 7gal girls should be ready for their tea feeding. Both HBSS will get top fed, mainly for the worms, but they will be hitting flowering hard pretty soon, if not now. Good daily changes can be seen. HBSS girls will then get 1/2 gal of the compost tea with Boost and the fresh SST from the barley. The next light cycle they will get a full water. and then start the dry outs of the rez.
I think it's best to wait at least one full watering cycle before I try the EM1 again. That will be the last time I use EM1 without activating it to make more.
Otherwise, the smells from the girls are amazing! From a little ways away, Kong is smelling a sweet grape smell, very strong. Just barely touch a leaf and she adds something that overcomes the grape like crazy. My nose can't pick it out. And then there is the bubblegum smell! I just think is funny that it would have that smell.

BEGINNING WEEK 9

Checking the 7gal pots this morning for moisture levels and it's doubtful I can water and feed them at first light.
LOL! I guess I didn't follow my own procedures and advice. I let em sit too long when bottom watering and gave 'em a soggy bottom at watering time. I blame it on the GG#4! :biggrin: It zoned me out. The GG#4 from Miss Wispy is some dangerous herb, . I can grab a bud and take 3 or 4 hits from the vape and I'm good. I can pick another and do the same thing and floors my ass. Anyway, I guess Bob the Ivy gets some compost tea. I think I'm gonna get or make him a mobile cart so I can put his ass outside when the sun is shining. He's just too damn heavy otherwise. He's got his leaves plastered to the door's glass wanting more light. I really need to clean him up when I put him outside this spring.

It is amazing that the HBSS are still chugging along, especially the smaller one. I still have lots of hope them to make some great canna, especially the bigger one. The buds are building and starting to stack well with the trichs kicking in. I guess an encouraging point to this problem with the HBSS is that on the next grow, the production should be just amazing. It will either be one EB and two 7gal pots or just two EBs in this 4x4.

IMG_20210306_085603042_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210306_085611773_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210306_085616090_HDR.jpg

Would u like me to detail the proper way to water ur plants?:biggrin: (Couldn't resist).
LOL! Yaya ya yaaa!
I know....Do as I say, not as I do.
The one thing I'm never afraid to do is admit when I screw up. I very good lesson taught by my Dad. I hated it at the time, but learned quite quickly it's the best thing to do. Funny thing though, my Mom or two of her brothers could NEVER admit when they screwed up. Mom would do it sometimes, but Dad and I KNEW she didn't mean it. That's even worse than not admitting it.
It's just the easiest thing to do. Kinda like lying, ya don't have to remember what ya said and to who ya said it to.

BEGINNING WEEK 9

Checking the 7gal pots this morning for moisture levels and it's doubtful I can water and feed them at first light.
LOL! I guess I didn't follow my own procedures and advice. I let em sit too long when bottom watering and gave 'em a soggy bottom at watering time. I blame it on the GG#4! :biggrin: It zoned me out. The GG#4 from Miss Wispy is some dangerous herb, . I can grab a bud and take 3 or 4 hits from the vape and I'm good. I can pick another and do the same thing and floors my ass. Anyway, I guess Bob the Ivy gets some compost tea. I think I'm gonna get or make him a mobile cart so I can put his ass outside when the sun is shining. He's just too damn heavy otherwise. He's got his leaves plastered to the door's glass wanting more light. I really need to clean him up when I put him outside this spring.

It is amazing that the HBSS are still chugging along, especially the smaller one. I still have lots of hope them to make some great canna, especially the bigger one. The buds are building and starting to stack well with the trichs kicking in. I guess an encouraging point to this problem with the HBSS is that on the next grow, the production should be just amazing. It will either be one EB and two 7gal pots or just two EBs in this 4x4.

View attachment 1294013View attachment 1294014View attachment 1294015
wow! that right hand HBSS has really greened up! great job on the recovery

Broke 6000 views
wow! that right hand HBSS has really greened up! great job on the recovery
Thanks! It wasn't hit quite as hard as the other for some reason.
I've got an update to do from last nights work with some interesting observations. Hopefully the pics with show it. It's still confusing as hell to me with this lockout or whatever it is.
That big girl is going to be a beast I think................if everything goes well.

I finally got all my ducks in a row and started the work I had planned.

Yeah...........not much of a LITFA plan, but the worms had eaten most all the food. The HBSS girls are on the verge of really developing some nice colas and the demand on the media is going to ramp up.

Pulled the 7gal pots and the small HBSS out of the tent so my big ass could get in. Pulled off the straw cover and avocados from them and applied four tablespoons of ground alfalfa to each girl. Applied 2 square bottom solo cupss of EWC with some worms to each girl. Applied 2 square bottom solo cups of compost on top of that. I left out any bokoshi this time. I think it's better used if I use a cover on the EBs.

I done something that I haven't seen anyone here do for their girls. I blended the fresh frozen defol leaves and stemsI pulled off earlier in the week and strained off the water and juice. I took the plant matter and put it in the avacodo shells, worms and compost mites had eaten all of it. I inoculated it with a little tea and placed them on top of the bare media. The worms go crazy for it in the worm
bin!

The girls then got 1/2 gal of the compost tea each and I replaced the straw.

Compost tea ingredients in four gal of tap water with ingredients directly added to the water:
4 tablespoons of horticulture molasses
Two square bottom solo cups of compost
2 square bottom solo cups of blended two row freshly malted barley...............added after brewing the tea.
Juice from blended defol canna leaves and stems
4 teaspoons of Boost added at the end and brewed for 2hrs
One square bottom solo cups of HumiChar added to the tea after straining the brewed tea.

The two 7gal girls got one square bottom solo cups of the final tea. They will get plain water at first light when the HBSS get their rez filled.

The interesting and confusing to me things I found. Some of the best looking developing areas are at the edge with the reflected light. I understand the factor of the reflected light, but why in the hell do they look like there is no/almost no problem in those areas.....even on the more hard hit smaller girl?

WILD BILL'S CANNA BIO-BOMBS(WBCBB)...............maybe I need to trademark that!:funny::funny:
IMG_20210306_212025381_HDR.jpg

Backside of the smaller HBSS
IMG_20210306_205555236_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210306_205603590_HDR.jpg

SIZE REFERENCE FOR THE BIG HBSS.......I DON'T HAVE SMALL HANDS! :cools:
IMG_20210306_205446509_HDR.jpg

THE TENT AFTERWARDS
IMG_20210307_081118942_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210307_081129114_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210307_081133299_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210307_081143810_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210307_081148104_HDR.jpg

JUST AFTER LIGHTS OUT THIS MORNING

LED flashlight reflected off top front of the tent. Still not what I want!

IMG_20210307_110311521_HDR.jpg

I expect this will be the last time I need to amend the HBSS with top dressings.......unless she runs long. I still may give them teas though.

There they are! The HBSS girls will be getting plain water until I can activate some EM1 and maybe ferment some insect frass.

HEY TxRebel/Mark!!!!

Look at what I just ordered!

Back