Indoor Mars Hydro grow journal: WildBill does Hubbabubbasmelloscope in EarthBoxes under MarsHydro SP3000

I guess we'll soon see what kind of heat load the new light will hit the tent with. I'm suspecting that it will actually be slightly lower. That little burple CaliLightWork wasn't all that efficient and everything was in the tent.

With over 12 hrs into the use of the light, there seems to be only two or three degrees higher in temps with the same amount of air movement and ambient temps.
Light penetration is much better. You can easily see the difference when looking underneath the canopy of the plant. The light is coming in at the perfect time. Both HBSS are hitting bud production HARD. If I chop Kong today or Friday and reposition the EarthBoxes, the next two weeks should make a LOT of canna.
I'm sure the grow room needs cooling directly in the room after this grow. I was worried about how I was going to bring another circuit into the walk in closet with my a/c unit above the room, but there is an exterior outlet on one wall. Just pull the fixture and push a probe thru the interior sheetrock to mark the position. Easy peasy from there. I have an exhaust out of the room I installed last year. I think picking out the a.c unit will be the most difficult part with sorting thru all the stuff and crap out there. A wifi enabled is sure a plus. One that utilizes the condensate is more efficient and eliminates/limits water collection.

If Kong gets chopped today, I'll go ahead and trim up Stomper and finish her dry in paper bags. Kong should be dry by the time either/both HBSS are ready.

With over 12 hrs into the use of the light, there seems to be only two or three degrees higher in temps with the same amount of air movement and ambient temps.
Light penetration is much better. You can easily see the difference when looking underneath the canopy of the plant. The light is coming in at the perfect time. Both HBSS are hitting bud production HARD. If I chop Kong today or Friday and reposition the EarthBoxes, the next two weeks should make a LOT of canna.
I'm sure the grow room needs cooling directly in the room after this grow. I was worried about how I was going to bring another circuit into the walk in closet with my a/c unit above the room, but there is an exterior outlet on one wall. Just pull the fixture and push a probe thru the interior sheetrock to mark the position. Easy peasy from there. I have an exhaust out of the room I installed last year. I think picking out the a.c unit will be the most difficult part with sorting thru all the stuff and crap out there. A wifi enabled is sure a plus. One that utilizes the condensate is more efficient and eliminates/limits water collection.

If Kong gets chopped today, I'll go ahead and trim up Stomper and finish her dry in paper bags. Kong should be dry by the time either/both HBSS are ready.
Question for you @WildBill ...did you start all the plants at the same time? I have noticed that the plants I grow in SIPs are usually a little slower to flower and therefore take a little longer overall as compared to my potted plants

Question for you @WildBill ...did you start all the plants at the same time? I have noticed that the plants I grow in SIPs are usually a little slower to flower and therefore take a little longer overall as compared to my potted plants
Yep. They all popped within 24hrs of each other in solo cups.
The HBSS girls were destined to run long from the get go....EarthBoxes...........issues from using EB's recommendation for dolomite........my method of LST that was complicated by the issues.............yada yada yada!
HBSS should be well done or done well or hopefully both, by April 15th. Hopefully I'll all things ready for the next grow with two breeders seeds to test and I plan to also make some pollen and seeds.That should be interesting. LOL!
I'm just Jonesin' fer sum dat Sour Stomper that's on Day 10 of the dry and she's got quite a few more days left on that.

I checked Kong and she's not ready.
I did fill up the big HBSS's rez
Tent temps are great.I know the stretch is well over, but with this light, I'll pay close attention to light distance to the canopy.
Here's just before lights on pics. Zoom in to see how the buds are developing.
IMG_20210325_174958548.jpg
IMG_20210325_175018311.jpg
IMG_20210325_175026742.jpg
IMG_20210325_175041192.jpg

Looking awesome as usual. Is that a "pulse one" sensor hanging? If so, do you like it and find it helpful?

Looking awesome as usual. Is that a "pulse one" sensor hanging? If so, do you like it and find it helpful?
No, it's a little ACU>RITE temp and Rh sensor. I keep the base on my laptop pad. Signal is great and AA batteries have lasted 8 months so far. I'm in my bedroom and it's 78*F and 46% Rh in my tent. I think it's very helpful.
I'm working with Pulse to see if they will sponsor me with their newest Pro model. I've got to get a portable A/C and an Infinity fan before I can fully utilize it fully.

Please throw out your two cents!!

Kong is chopped, so it's just the HBSS . I was just looking very closely at them. They are INSANELY thick with foliage! I can't part the foliage and see the media. .....my hands stink fer an hour!
I do have my exhaust fan set pretty high and two clip-ons on high, so there is very good and fresh airflow.
They are packing on the buds like crazy! I don't want to stall that growth by defol at this point in flower. I also don't want to make the ongoing issue worse.
On the big girl. at the very bottom of the canopy, the foliage is small and fine and a shade lighter. I really don't think they are contributing much.
The little HBSS is MUCH more stiff and stocky, so it's too difficult to check the undergrowth like the big girl. I'll have to pull her out to get close enough to check.
Could removing the fan leaves make the current issue worse?
Would the defol slow bud fattening by a large margin?

Now that Kong is gone, I can center the Earthboxes, but that will only help the fore and aft ends. There is no room on the sides or between them.

Back