Indoor Mars Hydro grow journal: WildBill does Hubbabubbasmelloscope in EarthBoxes under MarsHydro SP3000

They do look like aphids in the abdomen, but the legs look way more mite like. That;s what confused me.
I posted a bug id thread and Mañ'O'Green posted this pic. It makes sense of them being compost mites. I'm pretty sure they came from my worm bin when I added the worms.

screenhunter_312-jan-30-22-51-jpg.1282299
Yup they do look just like those.
Good deal:thumbsup::baked::pass:

Took another pull on the HBSS girls and did some leaf tucking before I went to sleep this morning. Yeah, this morning. I gotta stop vaping my gelato late! LOL! I didn't eat any chocolate last night, so no sleepy sleep after about 5 hours.

I'll give the girls a break a couple days and just tuck until then.

Little Sour Stomper is liking her new position under the Sp3000.
Kong is doing well and should need a watering in a couple days.
I'm gonna play around with some top dressing in their pots when I give them their next watering/feed. I am gonna malt some barley, blend it with a bit more water than I do when I make it for my worms,and strain it. Place the solids on the top,(mainly for the worms) after pulling back the hay and add a layer of compost and place the hay back. I'll add the strained liquid to the compost tea just before I apply.
I've continued to mist the hay a few times a day to help the worms. With the hay pulled back, I'll try to find some worms.

I pulled down the lights to 26 in and I'm pulling back the Rh and upping the temps slightly to up the VPD a little.

I only have one thing that has me a little confused. I have no "mat" of sorts from the bokashi. I did have one starting at the beginning, but I think the showercap heating up killed it.............or at least that's what I was thinking. Could those compost mites be eating it up? Maybe I should mix it in the media a little and apply more bokashi and wet that down.

IMG_20210201_070547820_HDR.jpg

Back