Mars Hydro Growing Journal Contest 2021 - SP6500

Im getting on this just started new babys of on the 3rd some fastbuds strawberry pie and glue autos along with just a few other strains
Strawberry cookies, strawberry kush,chocolate skunk, and 1 purple queen.
Your grows look fabulous Nelly, will be looking on to see how you do on Strawberry pie - I couldn't get mine very sticky and had problems with the sheer density of the leaves and RH in my wee tent. The weed was strong though even tho I lost control mid bloom and couldn't get my pie to frost up - its easily as strong as commercial Stardawg or Wedding cake. Go Nelly!
IMG_20201129_144015.jpg

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/mars-hydro-grow-journal-2x-ts600-1-ts1000-three-strains.81794/
My First auto grow!! Please help, suggestions, comments.
2x Bruce Banner
1 x Critical Mass
1 x Gelato
2x Mars TS600
1x Mars TS1000
Grow is going somewhat well, but you'll see from the pics in the post I could use some help.
1) Bruce Banner growing pistils at week 2, is this not too early? Is my plant going to be small?
2) Some leaf yellowing issues. Details on nuts in post. Help please.
I'll continue to post lots of pics as the grow moves along so you can all see my good and bad bits of my first auto grow. Living and learning and very open to suggestions.

After posting this I see my link doesn't include a little preview like other peoples links. What did I do wrong?
View attachment 1276097
Looks OK - maybe dial back the food early doors - I'm using AN pH perfect Sensi grow and my plants become light sensitive ( I think) if I over do it with plants having periods of wilting - I think this is the stage before leaf tip damage. Over feeding then over watering has presented problems for me but yours look good bro - I bet a bit of water for a coupla feeds may help. Good luck bro.

Hi folks, it seems that there are only 5 growers entered this contest yet, :pass:should we extend the time or change the prize to FC 6500 light to attract more grower to enter?

Hi folks, it seems that there are only 5 growers entered this contest yet, :pass:should we extend the time or change the prize to FC 6500 light to attract more grower to enter?
I'd be happy to win either prize. Lol they're both amazing lights :cheers: Your in charge tho. You call the shots :smoking: And I'm happy with only 5 contestants. Cuz I only have 4 other people to beat at this point. Lol

Last edited:
I'm fine with either light(LOVE the FC6500!) and fine with whatever you guys want to do with your contest.

To make it fair to all on the forum, my vote would be to let this contest run it's course. You can announce a new contest now that will begin after the end of the current contest or soon after. This would allow more people time to plan a grow to coincide with the contest. I would also suggest to extend the length of future contests to 12 weeks. Some monsters take that long.

More people participating gives your "Mars Hydro Grow Journal" a better chance of moving up in Google's search engine. Along with keeping up and increasing the great forum relationship, consets hits well with your overall marketing plan by getting better search results for your product line. It's just like giving lights to YouTubers to test and evaluate, just another way of getting the brand name out there.

HighnDry
Nelly Nugs
CDN88

Come in and give your 2cents worth please.

I only entered today as I'm starting my second grow today, I didn't really want to use the grow I just completed for a new competition.
Extending the time by a month would allow all of us to have nicer plants to show.
Instead of changing the first price to a more expensive price you should ad a price for second an maybe 3rd instead, like a TS1000 for 2nd and a small tent for 3rd

I posted my opinion on my grow journal responding to @Marshydro post on it.
Mars Hydro Grow Journal (2x) TS600 + 1 TS1000 Bruce Banner + Critical Mass + Gelato - Check out the pics! | Page 8 | The Autoflower Network
You can see it on page 8.
The main point is because there wasn't a Start Date cutoff, you could keep extending this forever. For example @JSH1973 just started. Glad to have him join the fun but he's a month behind. So do we extend it to be three months from contest start, or three months from the last user to start a journal??? I think we need to draw a line in the sand somewhere. And I for one don't mind if the contest ends before we're all harvested, be hard not to TBH. All good tips to keep in mind @Marshydro for future contests, Start date and end date to make sure there are fixed parameters.
Instead of changing the first price to a more expensive price you should ad a price for second an maybe 3rd instead, like a TS1000 for 2nd and a small tent for 3rd
I LOVE this idea. I think instead of upping First Place but adding Second and Third place is a great idea. I know @WildBill is terrified of me catching up to him so this should calm his nerves :p hahahahaha

Back