Mars Hydro is much better these days

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
FB Kosher Cake, Roc Bud Grape Mints #23
The FC series of grow lights are about as well built as HLG's and performance is finally similar. A family member bought the FC 6500 and the Mars Hydro 5 x 5 grow tent.

The grow tent quality, also above average. Vivosun would be about average.

The FC 4800 I will buy at the end of 2021. My HLG 550V2 is on its 6th run, the dimmer no longer works......stuck at 100% power always....Its not easy goin full tilt on seedlings and young plants in veg...Constant light adjustments.......not sure how this will affect potency and terpenes.

Love the light spectrum spread on the F series, spectrum is good, par is good, efficiency also. It folds, not a plus or a minus for me.

Nice looking lights. I like the widely distributed LED's for nice light distribution, and the folding design in the larger sizes. And of course, the option of moving the ballast if growing in a warm environment. If I was in the market for a larger grow, and less biased to cheap DIY, I would be all over one of these.

The FC series of grow lights are about as well built as HLG's and performance is finally similar. A family member bought the FC 6500 and the Mars Hydro 5 x 5 grow tent.

The grow tent quality, also above average. Vivosun would be about average.

The FC 4800 I will buy at the end of 2021. My HLG 550V2 is on its 6th run, the dimmer no longer works......stuck at 100% power always....Its not easy goin full tilt on seedlings and young plants in veg...Constant light adjustments.......not sure how this will affect potency and terpenes.

Love the light spectrum spread on the F series, spectrum is good, par is good, efficiency also. It folds, not a plus or a minus for me.
Cannot agree more with any of this. Tent quality too. Have not grown with the FC series. But the TSL and the SP series is terrific. This auto isn't even 9 weeks old yet.
20210219_082514.jpg
20210219_082425.jpg

We will release one new series, which is more affordable than the current FC series, and the chips is also Samsung chips, mars hydro special new chips array, better PPFD chart. I bet it will be popular than SP 3000 :smoking:

Back