Seed Stockers MedGrower does Seed Stockers - Northern Lights DWC Telos0008

May I recommend some chocolade with the joint? I have found that popcorn and joint doesn't go as well together. Or more better, coffee, chocolade and joint? :baked:

Yeah I have done plenty of LST with this reservoir as you can see. I have a feeling they might come in handy even though I am not thinking of doing traditional LST this time.... ;)

Oh! And I got news: That other little seedling popped up last night. Took her long enough eh? I am going to propably do a little update with pics later tonight after work.
You may, scrumptious! :coffee:
So you just screw them in, cut them off under the lid? Silicone under so they don't rust? I just gave up on lst this go with my buckets cause I couldn't find a good way to tie them down.
Best idea I've seen! :d5:
Better late than never, looking forward to pictures!

You may, scrumptious! :coffee:
So you just screw them in, cut them off under the lid? Silicone under so they don't rust? I just gave up on lst this go with my buckets cause I couldn't find a good way to tie them down.
Best idea I've seen! :d5:
Better late than never, looking forward to pictures!

Thanks! Yeah I could have done it better for sure but I simply drilled 2mm starter holes to the lid and screw the hooks through. Didn't cut or protect them in any way and over time I see a tad of rust in them. Not conserned over it though. Maybe someday I change those hooks and put some silicone to protect them as you rightly pointed out.

DAY 4

pH 6.3
EC 0.4
RH 45

Quick update. Another seed has germinated. I let her grow and see how she goes, even though I am pretty sure the earlier one is keeper. I took a measurement earlier today and found that pH had plummited to 5.7 witch was really weird given the circumstances. I did check with both pH pen and did a chemical test to douple check and made correction back to 6.3. I observed a bit of streching to the seedling a day ago and took the lights down a little. Now the COB's are blasting with 100w power from 60cm distance and that seemed to be enough to halt the streching.

Pics:

NL D4.JPG

Roots reaching to the water and we can already see some splitting. This is a very promising sign.
NL D4 rootzone.JPG

Little latecomer. It's either her day 1 or 2 by now... lets just say day 2.
NL D4 (D2).JPG

Thanks! Yeah I could have done it better for sure but I simply drilled 2mm starter holes to the lid and screw the hooks through. Didn't cut or protect them in any way and over time I see a tad of rust in them. Not conserned over it though. Maybe someday I change those hooks and put some silicone to protect them as you rightly pointed out.
Will definitely do this on my next grow! :d5:
That is some nice day 4 roots man. :thumbsup:

DAY 08

pH 6.3
EC 0.53
RH 50

Mostly progress at the rootzone. I rather not take pictures from there for now but let them be at peace down there doing their thing. Still growing out that seedling that germinated late in case if she would by some miracle surpass the other one. I doupt it but I might as well give her some time. I have been observing a bit of variegation like properties on this breed, just like @i_gro420 did also report.

She is on the pale side of the green due to very light feed.
NL D08.JPG

Little one on her day 6.
NL2 D06.JPG

DAY 11

pH 6.2
EC 0.54
RH 52

Now we are getting somewhere. After developing her root system a bit, she has started growing. I am observing 2 nodes already and 3rd coming up maybe even later today or tomorrow. Like I said earlier, I germinated two plants and I will choose between them witch one will stay. I still give the other one a couple days to show me otherwise but I think my selection is pretty clear and moved the better phenotype already to the center position of my DWC where she deserves to be.

Sideview:
NL D11 side.JPG

View from top:
NL D11 up.JPG

Little contestant at her day 9, who is about to get bagged. Observe the variegation on her.
NL D11 other (D9).JPG

Lovely set up as ever Medi. Looking forward to seeing your room filled to the brim. Lovely bit of D.I.Y kit bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a clear choice, like you said if she doesn't speed up. :thumbsup:
Oh yeah bro. Looks like even clearer choice today.. lets just say I am glad I germinated two to choose from :biggrin:

Lovely set up as ever Medi. Looking forward to seeing your room filled to the brim. Lovely bit of D.I.Y kit bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Bunny! Really glad to have you around still after these years, you rock man! Thanks for the compliments too! I wanted to give my DIY skills a try since I just love the idea of having lights that I know how to fix. Still going to get GN's Telos at some point when Telos 6 arrives because I am quite sure they manage to build better lights than some random dude like me :rofl: It is interesting to see how well these will do with NL's though at 4000K. Hope you enjoy this COB -adventure!

Back