MegaCrop products together

Hotshot

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi all I’m using @Mañ'O'Green feeding chart and fine-tuning for my grow with nutrients I have at hand. I have a large bag of bud explosion and a large bag of sweet candy. What is the safest way to incorporate these into my grow? Last reservoir fill is below.

1/3 reservoir fill 3.5 gallons

Ph After nutes 5.54
7 ml hydroguard
Part a 3.5 gallons target 8.5 actual 8.7
Part b 3.5 gallons target 1.75 actual 1.7
8 ml foxfarm cal mag

Ppm
Before anything 95
After part A and B, cal mag, and hydroguard 580

Hi @Hotshot The Fox Farm Calmag might be too high in N? This is a copy of the last grow as you can see I don't use either of those but I do use Bud Candy and molasses for Carbs near the end of the grow only. I would bump that PH up to 5.8 - 6.2 range.

2023-01-06_22-35-19.jpg

Thanks @Mañ'O'Green that too high in N might be the reason for some slight tip burning I’m seeing. I’m tempted to get the additional nutes you use on your chart however I just don’t want to spend the money and was hoping I could skate through a couple of grows with what I have on hand. Does anyone use the Bud explosion (NPK 0-34-34 + Magnesium (updated 6/13/2021) or sweet candy? I have I think 6lb bags of each of these. Is there a safe way to incorporate these in my grow? I also have 25 lb bags of part A and part B, those will probably last me years lol.
AB310C10-DDCF-4EBF-9481-66585DB9BDF5.jpeg

.......I also have 25 lb bags of part A and part B, those will probably last me years lol......
Related to this, does anyone know how long 2-part MegaCrop stays fresh, retains ALL of its optimal nutrient levels? With such complex mixtures, the complex chelates, other organics, no protection from O2 exposure, likely some inherent hygroscopic activity (powder absorbing moisture), etc. surely some components of MegaCrop degrade over time.

After how many years is it best to replace 2-part MegaCrop? I have bags from when it first came out.

Related to this, does anyone know how long 2-part MegaCrop stays fresh, retains ALL of its optimal nutrient levels? With such complex mixtures, the complex chelates, other organics, no protection from O2 exposure, likely some inherent hygroscopic activity (powder absorbing moisture), etc. surely some components of MegaCrop degrade over time.

After how many years is it best to replace 2-part MegaCrop? I have bags from when it first came out.
Keep the salts dry and they will be the same in 100 years.

I keep mine sealed in original bags in a tote I’m a climate controlled area. It’s going to take me years to go through this amount!

I keep mine sealed in original bags in a tote I’m a climate controlled area. It’s going to take me years to go through this amount!
Yes, for most smaller tent growers basic bags of MegaCrop can last many years. But for how many years does the product 'remain fresh,' retain its full original content and functionality - when is it best to replace older bags?

Yes, for most smaller tent growers basic bags of MegaCrop can last many years. But for how many years does the product 'remain fresh,' retain its full original content and functionality - when is it best to replace older bags?

Keep the salts dry and they will be the same in 100 years.

Back