New Grower New member, new grow. Mephisto Cosmic Queen and Mephisto 24 Carat

Barely can tell you've taken any off and then you see the box and there is a lot in there, nice! CQ looking real close but ya the 24C still looks like quite a few clear trichs, hopefully more change over the next few days. Are your night temps getting quite cool? Im thinking that contributed to my extra time as it was getting to 17-18c every night. Going to run lights 24hrs next time to help combat that.
Hi Drew, Mine were 24/0 pretty much the entire grow. I found temp and rh easier to dial that way. I tried to pull back to 20/4 when I was having possible light issues, but didn't like what happened to rh. It is going to be hard to wait for the next grow - I wonder what I have actually learned...

Nice harvest, OF! Damn, I wish that was my tent!
Hi Iriee, Somehow, I don't recall noticing any lack of tents at your end of this site.

Thanks for checking in you two. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :pighug:

Semi final update
Well, the last portion of the ladies was chopped four days ago, the initial drying of everything is complete, and the curing well underway. Once the curing gets everything down to ~62%, I will do a final update with dry yield (now looking like roughly 300g total for the three plants), and some dried bud pics.

In the meantime, I have posted a review of the autopot performance on this grow. It is linked in my signature.

Happy growing all. :biggrin: :cheers:

Well, the last portion of the ladies was chopped four days ago, the initial drying of everything is complete, and the curing well underway. Once the curing gets everything down to ~62%, I will do a final update with dry yield (now looking like roughly 300g total for the three plants), and some dried bud pics.

In the meantime, I have posted a review of the autopot performance on this grow. It is linked in my signature.

Happy growing all. :biggrin: :cheers:
Great Grow OF, My dearest must be related to yours as I am tasked with keeping the costs down while growing like a pro.
I haven't succeeded in either but we have to learn to live with our little drawbacks.
Congrats on such an inventive and entertaining grow.
:slap::thumbsup:

Great Grow OF, My dearest must be related to yours as I am tasked with keeping the costs down while growing like a pro.
I haven't succeeded in either but we have to learn to live with our little drawbacks.
Congrats on such an inventive and entertaining grow.
:slap::thumbsup:
Hey John, thanks for checking in, and thanks for the kind words. The other half has been very patient at this end, much appreciated by this grower.

I am a long way from a pro at this, to say the least, but it seems that I kept them alive long enough to take away some bud. The CQ especially produced nicely. The open structure made for nicely consistent bud throughout, and lots of it. Easier trim than the 24C's too. The 24C's were a bear under the scissors. But the colas were not much smaller than beer cans, so I am not complaining.

I have tried both now, and rate them as winners. The CQ is a fine daytime strain which I kept enjoying through some serious laughing over three hour later. The other half was wondering what was so bloody funny. I neglected to mention that I was watching Disjointed on Netflix. Earlier, the antics of our pup also had me in uncontrollable stitches. No paranoia, and very smooth already after only 5 or so days of cure. The 24C is the best sleepy time weed I have found bar none, and I have tried numerous strains chasing the best tool against insomnia. And now I have a supply of both. :biggrin: :pighug:

Hey John, thanks for checking in, and thanks for the kind words. The other half has been very patient at this end, much appreciated by this grower.

I am a long way from a pro at this, to say the least, but it seems that I kept them alive long enough to take away some bud. The CQ especially produced nicely. The open structure made for nicely consistent bud throughout, and lots of it. Easier trim than the 24C's too. The 24C's were a bear under the scissors. But the colas were not much smaller than beer cans, so I am not complaining.

I have tried both now, and rate them as winners. The CQ is a fine daytime strain which I kept enjoying through some serious laughing over three hour later. The other half was wondering what was so bloody funny. I neglected to mention that I was watching Disjointed on Netflix. Earlier, the antics of our pup also had me in uncontrollable stitches. No paranoia, and very smooth already after only 5 or so days of cure. The 24C is the best sleepy time weed I have found bar none, and I have tried numerous strains chasing the best tool against insomnia. And now I have a supply of both. :biggrin: :pighug:
That's awesome Olderfart, Sounds like you are enjoying life atm. I am going to make a note on both those strains as my wife and I are testing for much of the same things including something that relieves pain and is an anti-inflammatory.
Thanks for the report. :thanks:

That's awesome Olderfart, Sounds like you are enjoying life atm. I am going to make a note on both those strains as my wife and I are testing for much of the same things including something that relieves pain and is an anti-inflammatory.
Thanks for the report. :thanks:
Hey John, thanks for checking in. Re. the strains, if you are dealing with insomnia issues, I can certainly recommend the 24C. I have lost track of how many strains I have tried for this, but I suspect that I have tried the top 15 or so that can be purchased online or in our Canadian dispensaries. Bubba Kush and MK Ultra were the top strains before 24C. As far as I can tell at this point, my 24C is better than both. I use it to settle me down if I wake in the night, not to fall asleep initially. The worst the 24C has done in ~4 tests so far is for me to wake briefly a couple times after vaping some of it. Mostly, after vaping, I fall back to sleep within 20 minutes or so, and if I wake up again at all, it is very briefly before falling asleep again. Often without cannabis, I remain awake for close to the rest of the night after waking up after 2-3 hours of initial sleep. On occasion, cannabis has resulted in me getting 5-6 hours of uninterrupted sleep, which is seriously unusual for me - as in more or less never in the last 20 years or so. I am still learning how to manage the sleep thing with cannabis, but the potential is huge if my experience so far is any indication.

If you try a grow with 24C, it is my impression that it may be a bit light sensitive, so watch for tacoing and back off immediately if you see it. Slight praying is all I would tolerate growing this strain again. I managed to screw up the nutes somewhat in this grow, so can't advise where to go there other than less is likely more, especially perhaps with autopots.

Happy growing John. :pighug:

(patiently waiting for dry weight picz :rolleyes2: ppp)

(patiently waiting for dry weight picz :rolleyes2: ppp)
Patience being, of course, a prime requirement in this game. :biggrin: :pighug: Most of the bud is down to the low 70's, so it won't be long. thanks for checking in 420. :cheers:

Patience being, of course, a prime requirement in this game. :biggrin: :pighug: Most of the bud is down to the low 70's, so it won't be long. thanks for checking in 420. :cheers:

well, me do have a bit of an ulterior motive here, hehe :rolleyes2: but, me got nothin but time, so carry on plz...:pighug: ppp

U
well, me do have a bit of an ulterior motive here, hehe :rolleyes2: but, me got nothin but time, so carry on plz...:pighug: ppp
Ulterior you say. Now you have my curiosity humming. :cheers:

Back