New Grower New member, new grow. Mephisto Cosmic Queen and Mephisto 24 Carat

I’m a little late to the party but dang I enjoyed reading through this entire grow. What a good job you did. 300 grams off 3 plants is great man! I too am using autopots and not having nearly the success you are. Not running mephisto seeds though. Those are planned next. Currently using victory seeds and have been less than impressed by their vigor. I may have missed it but I’m curious as to what you maxed your EC out at? Also I plan on trying fabric pots in my autopots next but you did mention that you had mold or algae. Seems like it didn’t end up being a problem though. Anywho just wanted to ask those questions and tell ya good job!

I’m a little late to the party but dang I enjoyed reading through this entire grow. What a good job you did. 300 grams off 3 plants is great man! I too am using autopots and not having nearly the success you are. Not running mephisto seeds though. Those are planned next. Currently using victory seeds and have been less than impressed by their vigor. I may have missed it but I’m curious as to what you maxed your EC out at? Also I plan on trying fabric pots in my autopots next but you did mention that you had mold or algae. Seems like it didn’t end up being a problem though. Anywho just wanted to ask those questions and tell ya good job!
Hi and thanks for checking in. The 300 grams, is just an eyeball for now, time will tell. :biggrin:

Re. the EC, I maxed it big time to >2000 by mistake (my %#%%$^$ EC meter periodically decides to change to PPM, and I did not notice - a mistake that has not been repeated). I flushed to correct the screwup, but am still not sure what damage was done. At any rate, in the next grow with the same setup, I will start somewhere ~200 EC at germination, and ramp up from there, likely to no higher than 900-1000 total unless the plants ask for more, and tapering back a fair bit late in flowering. On this grow, I am pretty sure that I over did both light and nutes at the same time, which made diagnosing either tricky.

Re. the "mould" I can't guarantee that that was what developed on the moist portions of the pot sides, it may have been salts, or most likely it was both. At any rate, I did not develop mould on any buds either during growing or drying, so it was not a problem in the end. I was very careful to keep the RH down late in flowering though. The 24C's in particular were vulnerable because the colas were large and densely packed. I also did a lot of trimming on all plants to open things up, including lots of fans on the 24C's, and a pile of budding branches and fans on the CQ. They were just too packed in there for my liking. IF I didn't run into mould, leaving all branches on the CQ likely would have increased my yield a bit, but I doubt that the trimming made much difference to the 24C's.

I expect that you will like the Mephisto seeds. The company puts out some nice genetics, and the information they provide for their different strains is reasonably accurate, unlike some of the fiction peddled by some suppliers. Some growers on here seem not to like the company, but I think their product and service are exceptional. I am sure some other breeders are also doing a great job, but that does not change the service and genetics offered by Mephisto.

Good luck with your grow. :goodluck::pighug:

Last edited:
How did you like the megacrop. Did you supplement with cal mag or their pk booster at all. I’m currently using. A 4:1 ratio of mega crop to pk booster with cal mag added in at 100 ppm. Mid flower and they seem to be liking it quite a bit. Ppm is about ~500. They stunted pretty hard early and had some nute deficiency, but since then they seem to be doing really well

How did you like the megacrop. Did you supplement with cal mag or their pk booster at all. I’m currently using. A 4:1 ratio of mega crop to pk booster with cal mag added in at 100 ppm. Mid flower and they seem to be liking it quite a bit. Ppm is about ~500. They stunted pretty hard early and had some nute deficiency, but since then they seem to be doing really well
I like the MC, but I can't claim to be expert with it. Others on here know a lot more about it than I do. Cal Mag during the grow is not optional if you are using coco, and you need to buffer coco first if it isn't already buffered when you buy it. Cal Mag may also prove necessary with other media, especially under LED as I understand it. I used it throughout the grow except during the last couple weeks.

I used both SC and BE during the last part of flowering. No idea what good either did for me because I was still dealing with light and nute issues. I will continue to use both in future grows, but have not decided on any details.

The cal mag issue is a pain, and if I try something other than coco, cal mag will be a big part of the reason why. The stuff has a lot of nitrogen in it, and it uses up a lot of EC space before you get to add the MC. Next time around, I am going to try hard to adjust it to the minimum necessary. In theory, MC II should not need much, but the jury is still out for me. Buffering coco will still be absolutely required, MC II or not.

Good luck with your growing. :biggrin: :pighug:

Done and Dusted - final grow results
Well, the bud is all down to 62% in the jars, or at least close enough for me, so here are the final results. The CQ came in at 161 grams, the two 24C's at 145 grams, for a total of 306g or 10.9 oz total for the grow. I didn't weigh the trim, but it likely went another 100g or so.
I might have averaged something like 300 watts or so for the grow, so roughly 1g/watt in spite of my screwups with nutes and light. I'll do better next time. :biggrin:

Pics of results below.

The 8 jars, CQ on top, 24C on the bottom:

P2110001.JPG

Some CQ bud:
P2110002.JPG

Some 24C bud:
P2110003.JPG

The weigh in: (absent the final 70 g batch of 24C - forgot to click the photo before re-jarring)

2 batches of CQ:
P2110004.JPG
P2110005.JPG

1 batch of 24C:
P2110007.JPG

I have tried both already. The cure is a fair way from done yet, but I rate both as excellent - the 24C is the best bedtime vape I have found, and is already smoother than anything I have tried yet. Ditto for the CQ, only more of a daytime strain. All in all, I am pleased with this result given my inexperience. The errors were all mine, the recoveries I managed only with the generous help available here.

Happy growing all, and thanks to the generous peeps who helped me out. :thanks::cheers:

Congrats on the harvest buddy :woohoo1:
Great first grow, and nice looking buds

Well, the bud is all down to 62% in the jars, or at least close enough for me, so here are the final results. The CQ came in at 161 grams, the two 24C's at 145 grams, for a total of 306g or 10.9 oz total for the grow. I didn't weigh the trim, but it likely went another 100g or so.
I might have averaged something like 300 watts or so for the grow, so roughly 1g/watt in spite of my screwups with nutes and light. I'll do better next time. :biggrin:

Pics of results below.

View attachment 1158184
Some CQ bud:
View attachment 1158185

Some 24C bud:
View attachment 1158186

The weigh in: (absent the final 70 g batch of 24C - forgot to click the photo before re-jarring)

2 batches of CQ:
View attachment 1158187View attachment 1158188

1 batch of 24C:
View attachment 1158189

I have tried both already. The cure is a fair way from done yet, but I rate both as excellent - the 24C is the best bedtime vape I have found, and is already smoother than anything I have tried yet. Ditto for the CQ, only more of a daytime strain. All in all, I am pleased with this result given my inexperience. The errors were all mine, the recoveries I managed only with the generous help available here.

Happy growing all, and thanks to the generous peeps who helped me out. :thanks::cheers:

:nicethread: :clapper: :headbang: congratz & enjoy ur shiny new badge :thumbsup: ppp

:nicethread: :clapper: :headbang: congratz & enjoy ur shiny new badge :thumbsup: ppp
That would be the ulterior motive you mentioned :biggrin: , thanks for the badge, and thanks for checking in. :thanks:

Pics of results below.

View attachment 1158184
Some CQ bud:
View attachment 1158185

Some 24C bud:
View attachment 1158186

2 batches of CQ:
View attachment 1158187View attachment 1158188

1 batch of 24C:
View attachment 1158189

:drool: :drool: hell yeah awesome job :slap:

That would be the ulterior motive you mentioned :biggrin: , thanks for the badge, and thanks for checking in. :thanks:

oopzy, u found me out, hehe :biggrin: hint -> it'z kind of an obscure setting, but jus go to profile settingz > badgez & click on the lil megaphone icon beside it if u want to "feature" it under ur name/avatar ;) ppp

Back