Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Genetics in 2x2x4 under LED

@ecoloan I have a couple of questions for you..

1. Why do you think that your first plant here required so much more calmag, but you still struggled a little to keep that def from appearing now n then, but in the second grow..I don't think I saw you using it, or very little if any, but didn't see any calmag issues?..would you put it down to not using Epsom salts anymore, which was locking out the calcium in the MC?

2. Could you explain the way you buffered the coco on the second grow pls?..I love numbers as much as you do, so hit me with them lol.

I can't wait to see more grows from you..very impressive diary.

1. Oh... I was actually trying to follow what others where doing in coco with MegaCrop and most people add Ca-Mg from the start specially with the old formulas I have. I additionally think I mistook the Ca def symptoms for actual deficiencies when I think they where actually because of other reasons, so adding CaMg surely just made things worse at the beginning especially when i did foliar applications of it.
But it wont happen again. I have come to find out that my coco comes with low pH (5.1-5.6) and my Mg or Ca defs have mostly been because i was pHing my nutes too low (5.8-6.0) or adding too much of some supplement... since i realized this i've been pHing my nutes at 6.1-6.4 before increasing or adding any nutes, and this seems to have taken away the Ca and Mg defs i used to have. I still have more experimenting to do regarding this, but for now I feel CaMg is not needed with MC in buffered coco and with proper pHing. Epsoms, on the other hand, i do find necesary during flowering but the dosage has to be calculated having in mind your base nutes or you'll generate antagonism blockage.

2. I almost always follow this guide: https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/how-to-prepare-and-buffer-coco-coir/ making sure of doing a soak with base nutes at low EC (0.4-0.5) after the buffering process and before planting.

BTW, Thanks for good vibes! If you want I'll tag you on my next journals!

1. Oh... I was actually trying to follow what others where doing in coco with MegaCrop and most people add Ca-Mg from the start specially with the old formulas I have. I additionally think I mistook the Ca def symptoms for actual deficiencies when I think they where actually because of other reasons, so adding CaMg surely just made things worse at the beginning especially when i did foliar applications of it.
But it wont happen again. I have come to find out that my coco comes with low pH (5.1-5.6) and my Mg or Ca defs have mostly been because i was pHing my nutes too low (5.8-6.0) or adding too much of some supplement... since i realized this i've been pHing my nutes at 6.1-6.4 before increasing or adding any nutes, and this seems to have taken away the Ca and Mg defs i used to have. I still have more experimenting to do regarding this, but for now I feel CaMg is not needed with MC in buffered coco and with proper pHing. Epsoms, on the other hand, i do find necesary during flowering but the dosage has to be calculated having in mind your base nutes or you'll generate antagonism blockage.

2. I almost always follow this guide: https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/how-to-prepare-and-buffer-coco-coir/ making sure of doing a soak with base nutes at low EC (0.4-0.5) after the buffering process and before planting.

BTW, Thanks for good vibes! If you want I'll tag you on my next journals!
Thank you so much for the detailed reply..I honestly have enjoyed reading this entire thread and have it bookmarked.

Yes, please do tag me into the next one! :d5:

Back