New Grower Mephisto GWK, 4AM, Bubbly Livers, AvT in Coco

Beerhunter CDN

Breaker of Colas
Reaction score
Hi AFN!

This is my first grow and I hope to make it a successful one. I’m working with a 4x4 tent in my insulated garage, 2 - Meizhi 600W Blurples, 6” extraction fan and carbon filter controlled with a digital thermostat, 2- 6” fans for circulation, oil rad heater, and a humidifier. I’m starting with Mephisto Genetics Grape Walker Kush, 4 Assed Monkey, AvT, and Bubbly Livers all in Canna Coco using 3 Gallon fabric pots. Nutrients are AN Sensi grow and Bloom, AN Calmag +, AN Overdrive, Big Bud, and Voodoo Juice.

Before I go any further, I need to give a very big Thank You and shout out to @lunarman. He has taken me under his wing so to speak, giving me direction and advice to start my grow. Without a doubt, I’ve avoided many pitfalls because of him. He has been extremely generous with his time and his knowledge to myself, on AFN, and in our hometown. I have had the pleasure of meeting him over a pint and I look forward to many more. Thank you so much Lunarman!

I germed seeds in paper towels taking about 24 hours to pop. I planted those seeds in Solo cups with coco at 1/4 strength nutes. Seeds were handled using tweezers only! @slowandeasy I put domes over the cups and back in the tent at 28C. 24 hours later and they were all up. I’m now working on day 3 for all. I am curious to see root growth so I did use a clear cup for AvT that is a bit smaller than the others.

I would greatly appreciate a few sets of eyes on my op, any advice would be well received. Thank you all. @lunarman @Azad @archie gemmill @Dudeski @bushmasterar15 @F.N. @Need4Weed @Rollin_along

C6539DC8-EAE6-419A-A461-E45423B6924E.jpeg

It's the holidays and many of us carry a little extra "pep in our step", so in keeping with the festive vibe, lets just go a head and throw it out there and predict that you will net 10 pounds from your inaugural outing. At the very least, lets hope it's a healthy and happy grow.

Everytime I see GWK I get excited. May I ask when you scored your super exotic GWK seeds? It is UNREAL dude. This is what you got:

Straight up grease factory
51192f2f81e31ef57ad85b1e620425f6.jpg

Then this mess
db31fb394a21435c30c893665cb8e8d6.jpg

Then it does this
546c8e11f718c5da33b5a0c82627f11f.jpg

This will smoke just fine
5a976bf5b161f3f72de48bd7a44615f0.jpg

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

Wow that GWK grease looks spectacular @Dr.Bubbles. That should inspire any new grower.
Great strain selection for your first grow @Beerhunter CDN Can't go wrong with that set of strains. @Mizzo81 is a good guy to ping on Mephisto strains when you start thinking about the next grow and what strains will be to your liking.
@slowandeasy taught me all that I showed you as you know. Quite the guy. Has a knack for explaining things well in PM's so hit him up down the road with questions too.
How'd you decide to tag @Azad ? That guy is from south africa! And a good guy from the PM's I have had with him.

Everytime I see GWK I get excited. May I ask when you scored your super exotic GWK seeds? It is UNREAL dude. This is what you got:

Straight up grease factory
51192f2f81e31ef57ad85b1e620425f6.jpg

Then this mess
db31fb394a21435c30c893665cb8e8d6.jpg

Then it does this
546c8e11f718c5da33b5a0c82627f11f.jpg

This will smoke just fine
5a976bf5b161f3f72de48bd7a44615f0.jpg

That’s insane!! Mother of Pearl that’s a nice plant!! @Dr.Bubbles Thank you for the welcoming. I bought the seeds on BF and I knew it would be in my first run but I had no idea it had that kind of potential.

Hi AFN!

This is my first grow and I hope to make it a successful one. I’m working with a 4x4 tent in my insulated garage, 2 - Meizhi 600W Blurples, 6” extraction fan and carbon filter controlled with a digital thermostat, 2- 6” fans for circulation, oil rad heater, and a humidifier. I’m starting with Mephisto Genetics Grape Walker Kush, 4 Assed Monkey, AvT, and Bubbly Livers all in Canna Coco using 3 Gallon fabric pots. Nutrients are AN Sensi grow and Bloom, AN Calmag +, AN Overdrive, Big Bud, and Voodoo Juice.

Before I go any further, I need to give a very big Thank You and shout out to @lunarman. He has taken me under his wing so to speak, giving me direction and advice to start my grow. Without a doubt, I’ve avoided many pitfalls because of him. He has been extremely generous with his time and his knowledge to myself, on AFN, and in our hometown. I have had the pleasure of meeting him over a pint and I look forward to many more. Thank you so much Lunarman!

I germed seeds in paper towels taking about 24 hours to pop. I planted those seeds in Solo cups with coco at 1/4 strength nutes. Seeds were handled using tweezers only! @slowandeasy I put domes over the cups and back in the tent at 28C. 24 hours later and they were all up. I’m now working on day 3 for all. I am curious to see root growth so I did use a clear cup for AvT that is a bit smaller than the others.

I would greatly appreciate a few sets of eyes on my op, any advice would be well received. Thank you all. @lunarman @Azad @archie gemmill @Dudeski @bushmasterar15 @F.N. @Need4Weed @Rollin_along

View attachment 987976
Good start and good luck! Glad @lunarman has passed along some information to a new grower. That is the great thing about this community. We all are here to help. You will have some quality Herb in no time. Peace slowandeasy

Great selection and a great choice to have lunarman help u get started. U are very lucky to have someone local to help get u started on the right foot. Good luck enjoy the grow then the bounty. I’ll try to stop in from time to time.

Good start and good luck! Glad @lunarman has passed along some information to a new grower. That is the great thing about this community. We all are here to help. You will have some quality Herb in no time. Peace slowandeasy

Hey slow. there is another local guy here that I ran in to at a hydro store that was having issues. Using HP promix. Bugs. Crappy plants last few grows. I showed him what you showed me with coco and he's loving it. Right from day 1 and now on day 10 now he's just loving life now. Who knew that some slow and easy guy in the US would have a trickle down affect in Canada.

LST and top notch genetics. Tie that girl up sideways and let her grow WIDE. It is a perfect plant for a big harvest. ROCK solid buds as you can see. It's the stickiest strain I've grown indoors. Odor control is ESSENTIAL. I learned that when I came home one day and smelled it from 100 feet away outside by the road....where joggers and walkers of furry critters are every day. And that was just 2 plants. I found that GWK was easier to trim dry, which has the added benefit of having a slower dry. You want it as slow as you can without any weird mold/mildew/hay smells. If you get that, figure it out pronto. Bud rot is a very real thing and these donkey dick colas from George Walker Kush are primed to be textbook examples of it. Just be aware. This is your rookie grow? Enlighten me on what BF is, lol....I have no idea. I go to Phisto.com. I also have a pic of an AVT around here, lemme see if I can dig her up. Not familiar with those lights, but I LOVE me some Canna Coco, and AN noots are pretty straight forward. Do yerself a super solid and grab a pH pen. The $15 ones on Amazon work fine, just make sure to keep the probe moist and CHECK THE CALIBRATION EVERY TIME!!! I've had some incidents from faulty pH pens. The easy way around that is to grab a pair. That way you know for sure. The pH scale is a base ten logarithmic scale meaning pH 6.0 is 10x more acidic than pH 7.0, and 100x more acidic than 8.0. Also, another GREAT idea is to grab a cheap reverse osmosis filter like the RO Buddy that does 50g a day. Tap water and hydroponics are not a good idea. I also noticed you started in Solo cups, make sure to get those in the 3gal pots before they get rootbound. That's a good way to stunt an auto, and every day is on the clock unlike photos. You can just cut the bottom off the Solos and plant the whole cup about halfway deep in coco for the least shock on the chicklets. I found it the AVT pic!!! I only took one right at harvest. Here she is in all her LST glory.
30b8c420ac174968197a866e2f16aa97.jpg

Wow that GWK grease looks spectacular @Dr.Bubbles. That should inspire any new grower.
Great strain selection for your first grow @Beerhunter CDN Can't go wrong with that set of strains. @Mizzo81 is a good guy to ping on Mephisto strains when you start thinking about the next grow and what strains will be to your liking.
[USE
Hey slow. there is another local guy here that I ran in to at a hydro store that was having issues. Using HP promix. Bugs. Crappy plants last few grows. I showed him what you showed me with coco and he's loving it. Right from day 1 and now on day 10 now he's just loving life now. Who knew that some slow and easy guy in the US would have a trickle down affect in Canada.
I grew up on the Boader bro! Canada is literally across a small river. I have many Canadian friends. We used to get our Hash Oil in Canada in the 1990s and do BOTTLERS with each other. For those who know what a Bottler is...

Back