Mephisto Genetics Mephisto: New Strain & Optic Foliar Test: Livers Bx-1, S.Stomper-x-S.Nuggs, & Toofless Alien (Only1Sky)

8 days later, and happy to show that everybody is looking a bit healthier. I think we may finally have the "full house" of 4 AutoPots that I was looking for.

Oldest is Livers Bx-1. She is 36 days and getting periodic spray with Optic Foliar's Overgrowth. For 5 weeks of "growth" we really aren't getting much yet, and the leaves are still more pale than they should be. I'll be boosting up the mix of the Prescription Blend, but can't be too aggressive since I can tell that the roots are still not fully established.

36.Liv.JPG

Next up are the two S.Stomper-S.Nuggs plants. The oldest, shown first, is 35 days and getting Optic Foliar. The second is not getting Opti, she is 32 days old. So far I can't say that I'm seeing any significant difference between the two -- except that both are slow and pale like the Livers.
36.SS-SN1 (35).JPG
36.SS-SN2 (32).JPG

Last is the 19 day old Toofless Alien (also getting Optic Foliar). I'm pleased that she pulled through, the first couple of weeks were real questionable.
36.TA (19).JPG

Last edited:
8 days later, and happy to show that everybody is looking a bit healthier. I think we may finally have the "full house" of 4 AutoPots that I was looking for.

Oldest is Livers Bx-1. She is 36 days and getting periodic spray with Opti-Foliar's Overgrowth. For 5 weeks of "growth" we really aren't getting much yet, and the leaves are still more pale than they should be. I'll be boosting up the mix of the Prescription Blend, but can't be too aggressive since I can tell that the roots are still not fully established.

View attachment 1227088

Next up are the two S.Stomper-S.Nuggs plants. The oldest, shown first, is 35 days and getting Opti-Foliar. The second is not getting Opti, she is 32 days old. So far I can't say that I'm seeing any significant difference between the two -- except that both are slow and pale like the Livers.
View attachment 1227089View attachment 1227090

Last is the 19 day old Toofless Alien (also getting Opti-Foliar). I'm pleased that she pulled through, the first couple of weeks were real questionable.
View attachment 1227091
they have picked up great sky also stan is sending me 2 new test strains sour crinkle and orang utan so i will tag you soon brother

@St. Tom - Yep, Sweetheart Stan sent me some of the new Sour Crinkle as well. Looking forward to it. I bought 5 of the original Sour Crinkle I#21 in June 2017. Grew two of them a couple of months later, both in AutoPots with a coco/perlite mix. One plant got Advanced Nutrients and the other got Biotabs. Both delivered small plants with low yield, but the quality was excellent, and much prized by the Mrs. and lucky neighbors. The Advanced Nutrients plant produced just 31.8 grams at 30.4 cm. The Biotabs plants produced about 50% more: 49 grams at 43 cm. (Nothing compared to what you do in a solo cup :clapper:.) This grow was just my 5th ever cannabis grow, so I doubt that the Crinkles got a fair shake. Will do better next time.

98.SC's hl.JPG
98.SC's kl.JPG

Previous journal photo update showed the Livers Bx-1 at 36 days. Here she is now at 43 days and then again at 49 days. Noticeable progress over the timeframe, but still a fairly paltry showing for her age, in my opinion. I've had humidity problems in the tent for a couple of weeks, so the environment has not been optimal at all.

43.Liv.JPG
49.Liv.JPG

Here is the 1st of my two Sour Stomper x Strawberry Nugs plants at day 42 and then at day 48. She is the one getting optic foliar spray every few days. Despite the yellowing of lower (older leaves) and a generally pale color, she has shown some decent growth. So .... she got rewarded by being topped, as can be seen in the second photo (day 48).

43.SS-SN1 (42).JPG
49.SS-SN1 (48).JPG

Her sister, the slightly younger sour stomper x strawberry nuggs is also doing Ok. She does not get any optic foliar. Here she is at day 39 and then day 45. She'll probably get topped herself in another week.

43.SS-SN2 (39).JPG
49.SS-SN2 (45).JPG

Meanwhile, the youngest of the brood, the Toofless Alien, has shown the most progress over the past couple of weeks. Here she is at day 26 and then again at day 32.

43.TA (26).JPG
49.TA (32).JPG

Last edited:
Nine days since last photos; and we're seeing some nice improvement across all four plants. Here is the Livers Bx1 at day 58. Her leaf color is now much healthier. (Is this due in part to the Optic Foliar?). But at just 9.5" in height, she is going to be a relatively tiny plant.

58.Liv.JPG

Next up is the 57 day old Stomper-x-Nuggs who is also on Optic Foliar. She's starting to show a little stretch, now at 12".

58.SS-SN1 (57).JPG

Since both Livers and the 1st Stomper-x-Nuggs have expanded to the edges of the pot, tomorrow I will turn on their AutoPot valves.

Next in the line-up is the 2nd Stomper-x-Nuggs. She is NOT on the Optic Foliar program, and I can see that her size and leaf color are weaker than her sister. At 54 days old she is just 8.5" - that's about 30% smaller than her sister.

58.SS-SN2 (54).JPG

Last is the 41 day old Toofless Alien at 8" in height. She is now well established and showing some decent growth.

58.TA (41).JPG

Last edited:
Nine days since last photos; and we're seeing some nice improvement across all four plants. Here is the Livers Bx1 at day 58. Her leaf color is now much healthier. (Is this due in part to the Opti Foliar?). But at just 9.5" in height, she is going to be a relatively tiny plant.

View attachment 1236124

Next up is the 57 day old Stomper-x-Nuggs who is also on Opti-Foliar. She's starting to show a little stretch, now at 12".

View attachment 1236125

Since both Livers and the 1st Stomper-x-Nuggs have expanded to the edges of the pot, tomorrow I will turn on their AutoPot valves.

Next in the line-up is the 2nd Stomper-x-Nuggs. She is NOT on the Opti Foliar program, and I can see that her size and leaf color are weaker than her sister. At 54 days old she is just 8.5" - that's about 30% smaller than her sister.

View attachment 1236126

Last is the 41 day old Toofless Alien at 8" in height. She is now well established and showing some decent growth.

View attachment 1236127
there looking a lot better sky i cant understand the early growth issues i bet its annoying you but onwards and upwards i cant wait to see how you do with these Mephisto danks

@St. Tom - thanks for your sympathies. You know what it feels like, I'm sure. Whatever the early issues, their effects are not easily dismissed. I could tell from the moisture levels in the lower third of the autopots that none of these gals have set deep roots. (That's one of the reasons that I delayed so long to turn on the pot valves). Also, all of these plants are rather small in size for their age.

:shrug:I still don't know what went wrong, but I suspect "operator error" in that sensitive first 10 days since seed germination. Ironic, I've done this well in solo cups and 2-liter soda bottles.

Two are now drinking from the reservoir, so I'm optimistic that we may turn the corner. :clapper:

@St. Tom - thanks for your sympathies. You know what it feels like, I'm sure. Whatever the early issues, their effects are not easily dismissed. I could tell from the moisture levels in the lower third of the autopots that none of these gals have set deep roots. (That's one of the reasons that I delayed so long to turn on the pot valves). Also, all of these plants are rather small in size for their age.

:shrug:I still don't know what went wrong, but I suspect "operator error" in that sensitive first 10 days since seed germination. Ironic, I've done this well in solo cups and 2-liter soda bottles.

Two are now drinking from the reservoir, so I'm optimistic that we may turn the corner. :clapper:
Maybe try my routine and start them in solo cups and after there settled and have good roots then pot them up it may help you

Day 71 for Livers Bx1. Very healthy, no deficiencies, but very small. She's been drinking from the AutoPot reservoir now for almost 2 weeks.

71.Liv (a).JPG

Day 70 for the first Sour-Stomper x Strawberry-Nuggs. Obviously enjoying her Optic Foliar treatments. Again, this plant is health, growing strongly and shows no deficiencies.

71.SS-SN1 (70) e.JPG

Now here is second Sour-Stomper x Strawberry-Nuggs the one NOT getting any Optic Foliar treatments. What a difference. She is at day 67, just 3 days younger than her sister. But she is a much more petite plant, and is struggling with some deficiency (nitrogen I think). She got hooked up to the AutoPot reservoir 4 days ago.

71.SS-SN2 (67) b.JPG

And here is Toofless Alien at 54 days - also got the AutoPot reservoir a few days ago. Showing some reasonable growth lately, but also struggling with some deficiency.

71.TA (54) d.JPG

Last edited:
Back