Dutch Passion Auto Colorado Cookies & Auto Brooklyn Sunrise in a Welly Boot (Only1Sky)

Only1Sky

The only way out is in.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem, Sweet Seeds, Mephisto, HSO
Greetings folks. This thread will document my first ever grow of Dutch Passion gear and also my first ever grow in a child's Wellington Boot. I'll be running a single seed of Auto Colorado Cookies and Auto Brooklyn Sunrise. I've had keen interest in both of these for several years - after reading many rave reviews. So here goes. Very excited. :biggrin:

My kit for this grow is:
Gorilla Grow tent: 4x4x8
Lights: AutoCobs from CobShop; 1 each 3500K and 1 shared 2700k
6" intake fan, 6" exhaust fan, two interior circulation fans
Analog humidifier with Inkbird Controller
Container = Size 4 Wellington Boot
Medium: Coco/Hydroton @ 60/40 mix
Nutrients: @Prescription Blend

Germination strategy for getting from seed to sprout:
1. 12 hours soaking in a shot glass
2. 24 hours (or until the seed develops a tap root) in a damp paper towel (in black plastic envelop on top of router)
3. Then into a jiffy starter plug (in a humidity tray on a heat mat under dual T5 bulbs) until the cotyledons appear
4. Then into the Boot.

0.Boots a.JPG
0.Boots b.JPG

Last edited:
Day 1and then day 7 for the Auto Colorado Cookies. :thumbsup: The Brooklyn Sunrise will not be started for a couple of more weeks.

2.COC (1).JPG
8.COC (7) a.JPG
8.COC (7) b.JPG

Day 18. Everything going just fine. Getting about 1/3 ltr of Prescription Blend (at the "sprout" mix) once every 3 days. Daily misting with RO water with a mild touch of kelp. Once every 3 days getting misted with Opti-Foliar's OverGrow :biggrin:

19.COC (18).JPG

Day 25 for Colorado Cookies. She got topped yesterday. Still working on germination a Brooklyn Sunrise for the other boot.

26.COC (25).JPG

Yipee. Finally got viable germination for my 2nd Welly Boot. Here is Auto Brooklyn Sunrise on her day 1 appearance, and then again on day 3. :biggrin:

28.BS (1).JPG

30.BS (3).JPG

And now the pair. Colorado Cookies is on day 29 and doing well after her topping.

30.Boots b.JPG

Last edited:
Day 8 for Auto Brooklyn Sunrise. Starting to get settled into the boot.

35.BS (8).JPG

And Colorado Cookies on day 34. She has been in flower development now for about 3 to 4 days. Surprisingly short in stature, but quite full.

35.COC (34).JPG

Day 44 for the Colorado Cookies, which includes about 12 days in flower. Looks like she's going to be short, compact and dense. I am hoping for some stretch here. But she'll do what she wants.

45.COC (44) b.JPG

And here's her younger boot companion, Auto Brooklyn Sunrise on day 18. :thumbsup:

45.BS (18).JPG

Day 44 for the Colorado Cookies and day 21 for Brooklyn Sunrise. Both have been moved out of the crowded tent and into their own spot in my utility room, basking under an Amare Solarspec SE450UVB, :biggrin:

48 boots.jpg

Here is the Brooklyn Sunrise. She got topped yesterday.

48.BS (21).jpg

And here's a couple of shots of the Colorado Cookies.

48.COC (47) a.jpg
48.COC (47)b.jpg

I have purchased seeds in both of these strains but haven't started any yet, so I'm following along.

A few questions, if you don't mind...

The Brooklyn Sunrise will not be started for a couple of more weeks.
Why the delay on the Brooklyn Sunrise?

Yipee. Finally got viable germination for my 2nd Welly Boot.
Did it take an unusually long time to germinate, or did you have seeds that would not pop?

This thread will document my first ever grow... in a child's Wellington Boot.
What was the inspiration for this unconventional container? :cheers:

I have purchased seeds in both of these strains but haven't started any yet, so I'm following along.
A few questions, if you don't mind...
Why the delay on the Brooklyn Sunrise?

I wasted 27 days going through 5 other seeds (mostly 3 yr old Sweet Tooth) that did not successfully germinate.

Did it take an unusually long time to germinate, or did you have seeds that would not pop?

This Brooklyn Sunrise popped its cotyledons within 4 days of beginning my germ. process. That's about average.
What was the inspiration for this unconventional container? :cheers:

Just a silly / fun little exercise to enjoy some camaraderie and show what can be done in a ridiculous container. :thumbsup:

Back