Stroke1

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
White Widow CBD
What's up AFN. I recently purchased a larger tent and will be running more light for my next grow.

I have a 5x5 tent and 4 3500k cobs from Cobshop.net. I have seen most people recommend running one light per plant, but I am wondering if it would be better to run 2 cobs per plant?

My question is, "Is there a diminished return if I increase my light and lower my plant count???

In other words "if light equals yield, example (1 gram per watt), will I get more bud per plant with more plants, less bud per plant with more plants or will it be about the same???

Does that make sense?

In my head, it seems like it would be better to get 2 plants that end up being the size of 4 plants. Less coco used, less nutrients used, more canopy space.

Also, what are people getting per watt when growing with 55watt cobs from cobshop.net?

What are you guys thoughts?

Q1: There could be. Most of your questions are general questions and are hard to answer specifically. There are way too many variables at play to even guess an answer.

Q2: Too many variables to say for sure. Just know that it all starts with genetics. Depends on what the breeders say the strain is capable of. So knowing the strain you're growing will be the best indicator of yeild and plant size. Ps.. Light does not equal yield..

Q3: It varies.. Again, tons of variables at play, including genetics. For example.. My personal best is 2.1 gpw with one autocob, one plant, in a 2x4 tent. But I grow organic and my set up is totally dialed in. That was in a 5 gal pot, topped multiple times and in a scrog net. I also buy genetics that are known to get large in size and yield well.. Pot size, light schedule, feed ruitine, grow style, ect. all factor into final size and weight.

My opinion? One light per plant.. even two plants under one cob until they start to flower.. And if one plant is beasting and growing like crazy, maybe two cobs over that one plant so that the lights still penetrates the canopy.. But start with one/two plants per autocob until the plants ask for more.

What's up AFN. I recently purchased a larger tent and will be running more light for my next grow.

I have a 5x5 tent and 4 3500k cobs from Cobshop.net. I have seen most people recommend running one light per plant, but I am wondering if it would be better to run 2 cobs per plant?

My question is, "Is there a diminished return if I increase my light and lower my plant count???

In other words "if light equals yield, example (1 gram per watt), will I get more bud per plant with more plants, less bud per plant with more plants or will it be about the same???

Does that make sense?

In my head, it seems like it would be better to get 2 plants that end up being the size of 4 plants. Less coco used, less nutrients used, more canopy space.

Also, what are people getting per watt when growing with 55watt cobs from cobshop.net?

What are you guys thoughts?
Sorry Just seeing this now. I have a 5x5 Tent with 6 auto Cobs in it. If you are going to run the size of a tent you might as well comfortably fill it. I find 8-9 plants works great, but at least 6 for sure. With only 4 cobs in your 5x5, I would run 6 plants and do 2 rows of 3 and have the 4 cobs in a tighter square than the tent footprint to get better light canopy over the 6 plants. I do a perpetual grow with good auto genetics and the cobs, and this is allowing certain plants a different stages to get more light attention if needed, but also allows for better use of space. Also makes drying and trimming easier as its not coming all at you at once. The auto cobs are perfect for this as you can adjust the heights of them individually which makes versatile in your tent.

Back