Mephisto Genetics Northern Cheese Haze

Zipz55

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
SeedBank : Mephisto

Strain: Northern Cheese Haze

Did it autoflower?: (Y/N) Yes

Soil/hydro: FoxFarm Oceanic Forrest(40%) Black Gold Natural & Organic(40%) Perlite(20%)

Nutes:
Nectar for the Gods

Light (kind and schedule): 1 AutoCob(3500k) 24/7

From seed to harvest date: 75 days

Dry Yield: 102g

High/Effect Duration: 8/10 smooth calm laid back type of high.Excellent representation of a 50/50 strain.High lasts anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 4 or 5 depending on how much you smoke

RATE SCALE: (*) = bad, to (*****) = great

BAG APPEAL: 5.5/10 bag appeal is just average but thats 100% my fault.Ive seen others post some frost NCH so i know it can be done.I had a calcium lockout in my soil and it took me a month before i even knew there was a problem(my 1st grow).The Fugue took it in stride but this one suffered a little.Got smaller buds a very little frost because of my mistakes

THE GROWTH: 10/10 This one was a monster in veg.Had i not messed im sure I wouldve gotten 200 grams off her.She dominated the tent the entire grow and end up being taller than my tent.

THE SMELL: 3/10 Once again im horrible at explaining smells lol.During the grow it didnt smell at all.This is a good strain for stealth growers or someone without a filter.After about 2 weeks in cure it smells like.I dont know how else to explain it but it just smells like weed.Not the strains you smell to day but it reminds of the weed i use to smoke back in the 90s before i knew anything about different strains

THE SMOKE: smooth and little heavy.You feel it in your chest when you hit this one

THE HIGH
: 8.7/10 laid back,relaxing,calming.A perfect after work strain.Like i said earlier its a excellent representation of a 50/50 strain.I would say its a afternoon/evening strain but you could definitely smoke this all day.Just dont overdo it early because it can put you to sleep if you smoke too much.The Fugue is more potent but i enjoy this high a little more

E217DE8A-57F5-444E-9FEC-2A5F17C3A38D.png

So would you say the NCH can work as a stealth strain as far as the smell goes? Did you need to use a carbon filter for it? The fugue state apparently doesn’t smell too strong either according to Mephisto strain description.. how much did the fugue smell for you? Would you say it’s strong enough to need a carbon filter if your primary concern is just neighbors smelling it from outside ? (Not worried about anyone coming inside, they won’t be lol)

I grew both at the same time and yes I needed a filter during flowering

It wasn’t strong but you could definitely smell weed

You can get away with not using a filter most of the grow but you’ll need one for the last couple weeks and definitely when drying it

Last edited:
So would you say the NCH can work as a stealth strain as far as the smell goes? Did you need to use a carbon filter for it? The fugue state apparently doesn’t smell too strong either according to Mephisto strain description.. how much did the fugue smell for you? Would you say it’s strong enough to need a carbon filter if your primary concern is just neighbors smelling it from outside ? (Not worried about anyone coming inside, they won’t be lol)
I’d go for a filter, while they’re not the smelliest of plants the ones I grew definitely ponged!

Back