Outdoor Strategies

I usually grow with suspended pots in holes in the ground. What I do against slugs is that I twine barbwire together, and run them around the pot part sticking up of the soil. No snail crawls over that stuff. Another trick if you don't use pots is that you take a regular can of soda, paint it green/camo, take off the top and bottom and then use those metallic scissors to cut the top into sharp pointy edges, then bend them outwards. Leave them around the stalk when you transplant and the snails won't go near.

For deer I use dog hair and soap which I hang around the plants in socks. Every time it rains the soap permeates through the sock and you have soap smell during your whole grow. I also use fishing line set at different heights.
Damn! Thats a good idea! Ill have to use that idea for myself. I guess since I don't drink soda, I wouldn't have thought about that.
Would this help with those damn Caterpillar like bud worms that eat and shit in your buds? Or do those slimy bastards get on another way?

EDIT: I just realized this post was from January of last year lol. I was thinking this post was from today xD.... Hopefully someone else, or this person responds.

Damn! Thats a good idea! Ill have to use that idea for myself. I guess since I don't drink soda, I wouldn't have thought about that.
Would this help with those damn Caterpillar like bud worms that eat and shit in your buds? Or do those slimy bastards get on another way?

EDIT: I just realized this post was from January of last year lol. I was thinking this post was from today xD.... Hopefully someone else, or this person responds.
The best thing for caterpillar is to spray Baccillus Thurigensis (commonly known as BT) BEFORE the plants go into flower. It is an organic pesticide you buy it as a powder and mix it with water (like yeast). Vegetable growers use it on brassicas which are a magnet for caterpillars.

Back