Outdoor Strategies

F

figment

For some of us we are chomping at the bit to get outside.
I myself am included. Nothing like using the sun.

I just wanted to start this up and give outdoor people a place to chew the fat till
it gets warm out there(HURRY UP!).

So any new ideas for autos...slick spots.....tricks....

Last year I grew in 3 gallon pots outside. It was absolutely awful. I had to water everyday in the heat of the summer. The slow side was about every three days. Still too much for a stealthy grow. The second half of the summer I dug into the clay slab that area is on and filled the holes with potting mix. I dug good sized holes and amended with espoma tomato food. Unfortunately the autos I dug them holes for did not make it. But the long season girls like the holes pretty good. The clay when dug out holds it shape really well.
It is like making an inverted pot out of clay.

So this year I am planning on diggin into the clay again hopefully I can get something figured out with amending the clay cause buying potting mix for each hole sucks.

Anyone else here in the clay? If so how did you find out any fixes for it.....short of years of addin compost to make the soil right. I need something I can get in and out.

Well since they are for-casting another year like the last. I am building some small hoop hut type things in the bush to start them in. We got soo much rain early in the season, I didn't get a full week of sun until late august. Typically it is borderline drought conditions.

I am not digging another hole ether.. Sick of packing in all that extra crap.
After looking at what smart pots are made from. I am going to buy some landscapers geo text. Then build some sort raised planter. If i get the rite kind of geo, the roots will grow through the other side into the ground but the tex will keep the soil in the planter.

I haven't decided if i should pack in cut 2x8 planks or just use dead fall, and arrange them into a planter. The 2x's would be a bit more tidy, but some times rigid, tidy things stand out in the bush.

I am also going to higher ground. Typically i will use some lower lying ground, since we get little rain (usually) i have needed to gather it in the past. Adapting is the name of the game this season. In the past i have amended my soils. Not even going to bother this year. Extra trips packing in for nothing. I am going to water in everything.

That and i am using seeds that grew well last season.. Figure if they did that in those kind of conditions, they'll go crazy under ideal ones.

Edit, Also going to try to use browdirts bucket method to prime a water line in the bush. No pumps or nothing. Going to avoid as many trips as i can.

What is the browdirt bucket method. Google didn't bring anything back.
Watering is a bitch if you want a big harvest. Not much water here. Not where I can get to anyway.
We got hammered last year with the rain too. Didn't have to water till summer hit hard.

I was looking into some 12v water pumps solar trickle charger and a deep cycle marine battery. Like 150-200 and It will be reusable. BUT if
I could get out cheaper....Thats what I am all about.

I like the ease of planting in containers...not to mention they can move.....Just they dry out sooooo fast. I used a a bag of mushroom compost last year
for one plant. I liked it I didn't have to feed it anything else. It wan't a super large plant but it was all gravy. The mushroom compost is like 4 bucks a bag and shit tons heavy. Lugging bags of it into the woods sucks. I could prob do like 4 autos with a bag. I don't know maybe if I start hauling shit in the woods next month I can get ahead.

depedning on where you are... you might want to consider spring turkey season... if you haul stuff in way eraly like that... make sure it is WELL hidden until ur ready to use it... or better... get it in the holes and get them covered back up with sticks leaves etc...

I'm still tryin to figure up a new spot for outdoor this year myself... think i got a spot... gonna be a long trip there n back... but remote with lots of spring feeds... i can gravity feed my babies... got drip line..

then again, that shit its always risky...

Last edited:
Watch this series, 14 parts to it i think. You'll understand it more if you see him do it. It's the bucket in the stream, i suppose it would only work in certain terrain. But it's a good idea imo.
If your an outdoor guy it's a good vid to watch, will inspire you. :D
[video=youtube;9_N4nhYDmj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_N4nhYDmj0&playnext=1&list=PLF9D241CA0E177F96[/video]

I don't know maybe if I start hauling shit in the woods next month I can get ahead.

I've already stashed a couple bails in the woods.. :D It's not fun doing it all in one day.

One of those 20 gal smart pots would be nice to use too. Could put 20 or so autos in there. Guerrilla a few of those around the woods and it'd be an alright summer.

I am even going as far as finding a bee keepers mask like that.. Or maybe a Tillie with a mosquito net or some thing. Seemed genius, if some one spots you in the woods they aren't getting an ID, that's for sure.

Hi fellas, hopefully going to be adding some autos to my guerilla grow this year. i am in the uk at 54 lat so its not easy but possible.Any suggestions for strains would be good, and pots or not?. i know the probs pots can cause re watering etc but the spot i have in mind will be ok to get to. Good luck all for 2011

hey solid air... same lat as myself im having a go at mi5.they seem the dogs bollocks from what ive seen a certain grower do with them.:thumbs:

That vid was freaking awesome. My heart was pumping when that choppa was on him.

Back