OLD REVIEWS Purple Lights (Self Bred) (Buddha seeds Purple Kush x Royal queen Northern Lights)

vick

Hairy Wizard
Reaction score
SeedBank : Self bred from Buddha seeds Purple Kush x Royal queen Northern Lights

Name: Purple Lights

Strain: Purple Kush x Northern Lights

Did it autoflower?: Yes @ 3rd-4th week

Soil/hydro: Hydro 18gal (15gal res) dwc, bubbleponics

Nutes: Lucas Formula Micro x Bloom, Hydroplex, molasses (clogged in dwc, do not use)

Light (kind and schedule): 18/6 - 2x Pro Grow PG180 LED's, Some 2700k cfls

From seed to harvest date: N/a, tent collapsed crushing them at week 10. Looked like they had 2 more weeks.

Dry Yield: 3oz+

High/Effect Duration:

Very relaxing, perfect for relieving stress during the day. Will not knock you on your ass into a couchlock unless you smoke more than you need to. A few hits should keep you functioning and buzzing happily. The high is very euphoric with no burned out feeling afterwards. I vaped a whole bag to myself using an arizer extreme q 3 hours ago and just got through out of an hour of weight training without half assing the workout cause I was 'too high'. Instead, I was in the zone. This is also a good smoke for artists. Keeps the mind flowing with ideas. One of the best I had and I'm not being biased cause it's self bred. My patients have shared similar experiences and love the smoke quality... Even though these girls weren't meant to be chopped this early. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

In-depth

BAG APPEAL: *****

Check it outtttt
View attachment 188106

THE GROWTH: ****

Grew up to 3.5ft+ in my hydro setup. These things are tall bush monsters given the right space. Sadly, I cramped my 3x2x5 with 5 of the girls and they were fighting for space. Top colas were fat 5-6" down the stem and everything below that was airy.

THE SMELL: *****

Grapefruit with hints of skunky fuel. Very pungent and fills the room up with the jar open.. Will not go by unnoticed. Even if you have it on you in a baggy.

THE SMOKE: *****

Clean spicy smoke with hints of citrus on the exhale. Leaves no residue in a bowl. Ash ends up white-ish and cleans away fast.

THE HIGH: *****

Euphoric, pain relieving, wife relieving, after work medicating. No paranoia. Just a nice nofucksgiven, easy cruise in the caribbean.

If you're a breeder, I encourage you to do a breed run of these 2. This smoke is a keeper. High medicinal value here. It was a good grow run and I will include at least one in every one of my grow cycles as I test other strains.

:wiz::peace:

Last edited:
Nice report mate.

Thanks for sharing.

that is one tasty looking nugget, great report, wish i could get my hands on some of those haha

Wish I could share lol :group:

Damn nice! I wish you could share also, I've been missing my strain thats good for weight training.:smokeit: Everything around here is couch lock atm. Need my plants to finish up so I can get back into it

Damn nice! I wish you could share also, I've been missing my strain thats good for weight training.:smokeit: Everything around here is couch lock atm. Need my plants to finish up so I can get back into it

lol been there for a while. That's why I had to get a nice daysmoke strain going otherwise I skipped too many days -cough- months* from from the gym :p

This is what happened that forced me to chop the girls early..

View attachment 190977

Shitty plastic corners went out overnight. Note to self: keep some extras laying around.

FAARK looks like some of the straight parts bent too! atleast she will be the "Rush" needed to break some platos on the bench press.

And I been very slack this whole past year, after afew years of really hard work... was too damn sexy for this world I guess:roflcry:

Do you think its the northernlights in there that gets you going? both PK and NL are heavy hitters:shrug:or just the early harvesting?

Pretty sure its the early harvest that did it cause I've had both of them aside from being crossbred and they both knocked me out. Not so much the nl though. The pk is like being moving underwater while being tied down lol

Yeah was thinking the early harvest would be it. Have heard my mate rant about his fields of NL many times back in the 90s and such and none of it was about getting up and lifting anything. Although he was a built lad moreso than I got to so there could be something hidding in there *strokes beard* hmm:idea:

Either way awesome grow and cross and am glade someone is back into working out!:slap:
Now back to my couchlock:smokebuds:

Thanks v, cheers to beards, couchlock and attempts at working out. Time to spark one up. :smokebuds: :slap:

Back