Grow Room Putting together a setup.

Jburner8011

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Been saving up for a setup. I’ve been doing a lot of reading about different lights equipment etc. there is quite a lot of information to go through. It took me quite a while to save up the bread and I want to make sure I get started on the right foot. I’ve been looking a lot at the many many kits they sell on the internet and it’s attractive to me to just buy one to get started. There’s a company called growace which sells a lot of kits and I was going to pull the trigger on one of these but then I read a bunch of reviews(not all of them good)about things showing up broken or missing. The led light they include got a lot of bad reviews too. Not trying to diss anyone . I just want to make sure I get started with some decent gear. I guess my question is, should I start out with one of these kits or should I put it together piece by piece? I’ve been looking at mars hydro , viparspectra and spectrum king for lights. I want to go with LED because they tend to run a bit cooler than the old school HID lights. The spectrum king would be my first choice. I like the idea of buying American and something that comes with a warranty. But when you buy American you pay for it. Also, I don’t want to skimp on the ventilation. Def going to need a carbon filter setup for Oder control and to keep a good amount of fresh air moving through. Gonna start it’s a small 2x4 tent . Do I need an intake AND an exhaust fan or can I get away with using A slightly bigger exhaust fan to suck the air through the space? Also it’s appealing to buy a bigger fan setup with a speed controller so I don’t have to run it at full blast . The wife probably won’t be to happy with a bunch of fans running full blast all the time. I have other questions too but I think that’s probably enough to start with. The 3 biggest components are the tent light and ventilation. There’s a ton of good tents out there so that’s not as much of an issue. Anyways I could use some advice. Thanks again and glad to be here

Sounds like youve done your research.
Yea go for a slightly larger fan with a speed controller- more economical and quieter. I would go extraction only you can always add an intake fan down the line.
Have you considered autocobs for lighting? I would go with cobs or a quantum board style light.
Budget dependent of course

Been saving up for a setup. I’ve been doing a lot of reading about different lights equipment etc. there is quite a lot of information to go through. It took me quite a while to save up the bread and I want to make sure I get started on the right foot. I’ve been looking a lot at the many many kits they sell on the internet and it’s attractive to me to just buy one to get started. There’s a company called growace which sells a lot of kits and I was going to pull the trigger on one of these but then I read a bunch of reviews(not all of them good)about things showing up broken or missing. The led light they include got a lot of bad reviews too. Not trying to diss anyone . I just want to make sure I get started with some decent gear. I guess my question is, should I start out with one of these kits or should I put it together piece by piece? I’ve been looking at mars hydro , viparspectra and spectrum king for lights. I want to go with LED because they tend to run a bit cooler than the old school HID lights. The spectrum king would be my first choice. I like the idea of buying American and something that comes with a warranty. But when you buy American you pay for it. Also, I don’t want to skimp on the ventilation. Def going to need a carbon filter setup for Oder control and to keep a good amount of fresh air moving through. Gonna start it’s a small 2x4 tent . Do I need an intake AND an exhaust fan or can I get away with using A slightly bigger exhaust fan to suck the air through the space? Also it’s appealing to buy a bigger fan setup with a speed controller so I don’t have to run it at full blast . The wife probably won’t be to happy with a bunch of fans running full blast all the time. I have other questions too but I think that’s probably enough to start with. The 3 biggest components are the tent light and ventilation. There’s a ton of good tents out there so that’s not as much of an issue. Anyways I could use some advice. Thanks again and glad to be here

A 300 watt full spectrum LED would work well in that space.
Something like this
Amazon product
A more expensive, but also more aesthetic option is the Electric Sky
https://thegreensunshineco.com/prod...fNJdTyxdOJKVRWf3QimhVKaln0w5-yfRoCSzQQAvD_BwE

An intake fan it completely unnecessary, because every bit of air exhausted by the fan must've been sucked in thru tent openings, so the exhaust fan is also the intake fan.
Here's the one I have that includes a speed controller, but there are many good ones. Pay attention to the decibel ratings to compare loudnesses.
Amazon product

Yup probably just going to spring for a decent light. And I thought I read somewhere that a intake wasn’t nessasary in such a small space. Assembling all the piecesmay take a little while. Not the cheapest thing to get set up.Thank you for the replies.

Yup probably just going to spring for a decent light. And I thought I read somewhere that a intake wasn’t nessasary in such a small space. Assembling all the piecesmay take a little while. Not the cheapest thing to get set up.Thank you for the replies.

Attachments

• 1FB23EF6-C678-4DCB-AA1C-20570BE575A1.jpeg
    1FB23EF6-C678-4DCB-AA1C-20570BE575A1.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 163
  • A9D095BC-8EAA-4601-8D9F-1C0F5F06FAC5.jpeg
    A9D095BC-8EAA-4601-8D9F-1C0F5F06FAC5.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 24DD4286-2164-4688-A319-467EFF6CC06A.jpeg
    24DD4286-2164-4688-A319-467EFF6CC06A.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 165
  • 4163894E-5116-4CC2-8468-AC428CC5A034.jpeg
    4163894E-5116-4CC2-8468-AC428CC5A034.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 2F25ABB3-281F-4450-A685-72C7633168DF.jpeg
    2F25ABB3-281F-4450-A685-72C7633168DF.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 172
This is what I came up with in a12-12 room. Rdwc. PVC and panda paper. Works great. It’s 4by3 with 900 viparspectra.

Anyone have dealings with marshydro over in China ? I realize that’s where the factory is. I’m just a little apprehensive western unioning money to a different country.

Anyone have dealings with marshydro over in China ? I realize that’s where the factory is. I’m just a little apprehensive western unioning money to a different country.

Oh hey hi, I’m OldBoy ... how’s ys doing?

:pass:

My advise, take or leave but it’s solid, in my opinion of course .... note, it’s also direct, no disrespect intended ....

Lights - Don’t even think of lights except ones made in the US .... if serious about growing take a look at Electric Sky 180 or the ES300, you won’t make a mistake and you’ll have a phenomenal light to build your grow from ... Thank @Simplicio for that suggestion ..... and if Electric Sky is too much go with a single cob light, again made in the US .... You can get a good cob for $150-$225 for a 2x2 space, add more cobs as you grow ... plus a single light cob can be adjusted as needed over the plant ... 2x4 space - two or three cobs or one Electric Sky 300, which by the way will give the best coverage in the corner of that 2x4 tent and the ES300 can hang lower than a cob allowing more height for plants .....

attached is a pic of two plants in a short 2x4 tent, plants are in 7 gallon LOS fabric pots, I could fit three in the tent but would be crowded - this is a short tent with 200 Watts running ..... Mephisto Strawberry Nugs on left and 3 Bears on right .... 54- 60 days old, couple weeks remain ...

Intake .... yes even small spaces need intake, allow for it or allow for less ..... only reason to grow own is for quality, air buds you can buy on the street .... and if you think you are growing to save money, that’s wrong, grow for quality, the savings will come but not until your at least 4-5 grows deep so plan long term ....

Tent .... Consdier the kind of plant you want to grow, height is important, consdier a taller tent than you are probably thinking, little extra no harm but too short can ruin a grow ...

Filters .... Yes you’ll need odor control, plan accordingly- this is we’re intake air comes from

Pots / Soil / Medium / Hydro .... Whole another subject, another time .....

Questions fire away, plenty of good growers here to help!

Good luck,
OB

Peace!

Attachments

• E5F4019D-5339-4E32-B291-574E39F6D876.jpeg
    E5F4019D-5339-4E32-B291-574E39F6D876.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Back