Questions about Greenleaf Megacrop Nutes

thebombhaha

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am interested in trying Greenleaf Megacrop Nutes after being told they are good quality. Growing in Coco Coir. I made a post about wanting to switch nutes from Canna Coco A+B. I used these nutes for my first run, but they're pretty damn overpriced so I want to switch.

I have some questions concerning Greenleaf Megacrop Nutes though.

Does Greenleaf Megacrop have low ppm? Pretty important for me considering my tap is fucking horrible and it's pH is near a 9. I'm sure it has high ppm itself, which is why I was advised to use lower nute dosage in feeding when I switched to using it from store r/o water.

A friend commented on my other post about Megacrop saying "My concern is the all in one label and knowing these plants use differing quantities of Nutes, at various times."

He has a point, because when I think about how Canna Coco went for me, I measured the dosage amounts in a small ml cup. Meaning I had complete control over the dosing amount.

How does dosing work with Greenleaf Megacrop is my question?

As for flowering, I used a cheap and great additive called "Flower Fuel" for my first run. I was told that Greenleaf Megacrop is an all in one combo. Meaning it has Silica, CalMag, and a pk booster added into the mix. Is this true, and if so, would it overload the plants to add the Flower Fuel pk booster into the mix during flowering if I use Greenleaf Megacrop nutes?

Thanks in advance guys.

not used it sorry pal but welcome to AFN someone will pick up and help you out

I've done my grows in plain Canna Coco in autopots. I went from using R/O water to well water which is higher PH. But I've never tested my PH or PPM on any of my grows with Megacrop. I always add Calmag to all of my feeds throughout the entire grow. I start the Megacrop at 2 grams per gallon for the first 20 days, then bump up to 3 grams per gallon as I turn on the reservoir that goes till about day 30, after that I'm at 4 grams per gallon for the rest of the grow.

I've done my grows in plain Canna Coco in autopots. I went from using R/O water to well water which is higher PH. But I've never tested my PH or PPM on any of my grows with Megacrop. I always add Calmag to all of my feeds throughout the entire grow. I start the Megacrop at 2 grams per gallon for the first 20 days, then bump up to 3 grams per gallon as I turn on the reservoir that goes till about day 30, after that I'm at 4 grams per gallon for the rest of the grow.

Thanks for that insight into the feeding with this bro. What is a full dose of Megacrop in grams per gallon? I was going up when I used Canna Coco A+B. Basically did 1/8th into 1/4th into 1/2th. Are you able to do the same with Megacrop?

Never tested my ppm actually either, except later on into my first run. I made the mistake of not watering til runoff consistently for a couple of weeks at the time, and I was told to check for salt buildup. Not using autopots either because I heard they're pretty expensive. Checked the ppm using a cheap ass ppm meter I bought online that came with a pH meter as well. Long story short the ppm meter said the runoff was like 2800-3000 ppm for all the plants..I was advised to flush obviously lol so I did for some days just to be sure my run wasn't fucked up with salt buildup. Even though in the back of my mind I was pretty damn sure the ppm meter was garbage, I knew I hadn't fed til runoff for weeks so they prob needed it. Heard it was good to flush sometimes in a grow too generally so..

Doesn't Megacrop have CalMag though? That's what I was told. My grow late in flowering was a little nitrogen toxic because I was going pretty heavy on the CalMag.

How my grow ended up. Right now they're ambering so I'm flushing em.

Attachments

• bb2.png
    bb2.png
    835.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 55.jpeg
    55.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 147
Thanks for that insight into the feeding with this bro. What is a full dose of Megacrop in grams per gallon? I was going up when I used Canna Coco A+B. Basically did 1/8th into 1/4th into 1/2th. Are you able to do the same with Megacrop?

Never tested my ppm actually either, except later on into my first run. I made the mistake of not watering til runoff consistently for a couple of weeks at the time, and I was told to check for salt buildup. Not using autopots either because I heard they're pretty expensive. Checked the ppm using a cheap ass ppm meter I bought online that came with a pH meter as well. Long story short the ppm meter said the runoff was like 2800-3000 ppm for all the plants..I was advised to flush obviously lol so I did for some days just to be sure my run wasn't fucked up with salt buildup. Even though in the back of my mind I was pretty damn sure the ppm meter was garbage, I knew I hadn't fed til runoff for weeks so they prob needed it. Heard it was good to flush sometimes in a grow too generally so..

Doesn't Megacrop have CalMag though? That's what I was told. My grow late in flowering was a little nitrogen toxic because I was going pretty heavy on the CalMag.

How my grow ended up. Right now they're ambering so I'm flushing em.
Think most of us that are using Megacrop haven't really exceeded using 4 grams per gallon with autoflowers. So first 3 weeks of life 2 grams per gallon, 4th, 5th week at 3 grams per gallon and then your 4 grams per gallon. For the Autopots the 4 pot system is about $200usd and for me they are well worth it.
Here are a few pics from previous and just finished grow.
20180409_161433.jpg
20180723_131857.jpg
20180723_131906.jpg
20181104_165654.jpg
20181104_165850.jpg

Think most of us that are using Megacrop haven't really exceeded using 4 grams per gallon with autoflowers. So first 3 weeks of life 2 grams per gallon, 4th, 5th week at 3 grams per gallon and then your 4 grams per gallon. For the Autopots the 4 pot system is about $200usd and for me they are well worth it.
Here are a few pics from previous and just finished grow.
View attachment 983414 View attachment 983415 View attachment 983416 View attachment 983417 View attachment 983418

That's a great looking grow brother. I used Canna Coco A+B for this first run as I mentioned, however I was told going into this that you never exceed 1/2th the dosage for almost all nutes.

Is megacrop strictly for autos, or can it be used for feminized seeds as well? I have 3 feminized seeds left from what I ordered from CropKing that I wanna germinate soon for my 2nd run here. What are autoflower seeds good for really, because I don't know. When I first got into this earlier in July, I was told to buy feminized seeds. All info I know pretty much pertains to what I did/used for my first run.

I just know a difference between them and feminized is that you can't control the veg time with autoflowers.

That's a great looking grow brother. I used Canna Coco A+B for this first run as I mentioned, however I was told going into this that you never exceed 1/2th the dosage for almost all nutes.

Is megacrop strictly for autos, or can it be used for feminized seeds as well? I have 3 feminized seeds left from what I ordered from CropKing that I wanna germinate soon for my 2nd run here. What are autoflower seeds good for really, because I don't know. When I first got into this earlier in July, I was told to buy feminized seeds. All info I know pretty much pertains to what I did/used for my first run.

I just know a difference between them and feminized is that you can't control the veg time with autoflowers.
Nope can be used for autos, photos, heck even your vegetable garden. Well pretty much most all autoflowers from the breeders are feminized. With autos you have seed to harvest in anywhere from 70 - 100 days so gives you a chance to try out more strains.

Back