Indoor R Wayne's Can't Stop Wont Stop Grow

Oh man, ZaMango, what a plant. I partially harvested her yesterday at day 88.
First, this plant grew like crazy, because of that required more food than I thought. Strawbba the hutt had plenty of food, but it wasnt enough for this beast. Next time I will make sure to add more bloom amendments in larger proportions. She has some crispy leaves, but overall Im very pleased with her. Covered in triches and sticky as hell, I changed my gloves every hour or so.

This is the strongest smelling cultivar I have grow so far. Like all your neighbors know your growing kinda strong. The smell is quite pleasant. A very sweet strawberry/mango bubblegum (big league chew) FUNK that sticks in your nose for hours. Its really hard to discern the fruit flavors, other than its sweet. But I smell strawberry, mango, raspberry, coconut, grape and then the bubblegum really comes through. My wife loves the smell but was complaining that it was too strong, we had to leave the window cracked all night.

So I spent about 5 hours trimming yesterday and filled a total of 6 brown bags with good buds and larf/trim. 3 bags of each. I probably could have had 4 bags of good bud but started getting lazy after hour 4. Strawbba the Hutt filled 1 and a half bags and gave me 27 g of good buds, still have to weigh the trim. It feels like Ive barely trimmed this plant. Very curious if Ill get more than a 1/2 pound and beat my own record. I am also very excited to smoke on this one. Will report back after drying and the final trim. To the pics:

Before
View attachment 1559879
View attachment 1559897

After
View attachment 1559881
View attachment 1559888View attachment 1559887

Suppercropped Main Cola
View attachment 1559889View attachment 1559878View attachment 1559884

View attachment 1559886
View attachment 1559880
View attachment 1559885
View attachment 1559883
View attachment 1559882View attachment 1559893View attachment 1559896

Thanks for stopping by AFN!!!

Edit: I mixed up my before and after pictures :baked: not sure if anyone noticed. Fixed now.
Those earthboxes look like they are no joke. Nice job.

Man o Man, this was quite the plant. Took me another 9 hours of trimming over 2 days to just finish this plant and get it in brown bags. So I spent 14 hours total trimming this girl over 3 days. The first round is done drying and in jars right now, will get it into grove bags once rh is stabilized for 48 hrs. I waited too long to start the sweating process, day 5. Once I added the bags together the RH was about 65% in the bag. On day 6 it had dropped to 57%. Now its pretty stable at 60-62% in the jar. Will start the sweating process on day 4 this time. This plant looks and smells wonderful.

So the first time I trimmed I got 3 bags of good bud and 3 bags of trim, I weighed the trim and it was over 51 grams. This time I got 5 bags of good bud and 4 bags of trim. Im thinking ill yield more than an half pound total :biggrin: break my personal record.

View attachment 1561959View attachment 1561960View attachment 1561961

What I couldnt finish after 6 hrs of trimming
View attachment 1561962View attachment 1561963View attachment 1561964

5 bags like this
View attachment 1561965

The skeleton
View attachment 1561966View attachment 1561967View attachment 1561968

Trim from the first round
View attachment 1561969

Thanks for stopping by AFN!!
Seedlings and trimming. The only parts that suck. Lol

Those earthboxes look like they are no joke. Nice job.
The earthboxes are killer. I am switching exclusively to EBs, they almost feel like cheating. I just bought a EB Jr to run along side this one. Grow 3 plants next time.

Seedlings and trimming. The only parts that suck. Lol
Agreed, I just popped some seedlings to run outdoors this spring, they were chilling under this beastly ZaMango and got super lanky. They are recovering well...I got to used to not having to do anything with this earthbox. :haha:
Seedlings and trimming :doh:

Final weigh in
Wanted to update the totals of all 4 plants I ran in the tent. Sorry I didn’t take pictures of the first 3.

Blackberry
13g of ok bud
3g of trim
This cultivar received too much N early and too much light late. She was crispy and harsh. I made gummies out of all of it and was disappointed by the strength of the gummies. Will have to try this again in the future.

Voodoo
17g of good bud
5g of larf and trim
Solid sativa strain that I harvested a bit early to see how much it would change effects. The high is quite racy at the beginning and then settles into a nice energetic high. I will probably wait another week next time.

Strawbba the Hutt
27g of good bud
7g of trim and larf
Wonderful strawberry funk that smokes great and is a solid evening cultivar. I had to cut her down early and would have preferred to wait at least another week. But I’m very happy with this one

ZaMango
146.83g or 5.24oz of good bud
113.04g or 4.03oz of trim and larf
The smell on this one is crazy. A sweet fruity mash with some bubblegum funk on the backside. Super strong, I love burping these jars. So far this is a solid sativa hybrid. Good daytime smoke in small doses which turns into a nice body stone hybrid effect in larger doses. Very happy with this one as well.

I like to count the trim and larf in my totals since they will be used and gummy’s and rosin. 9.27oz is my biggest so far :headbang:

All pictures of ZaMango

4A95D79F-B513-411E-98F7-D2C1E22A1B0C.jpeg
9984A977-422D-41DE-B46F-1551E4E95309.jpeg
258D7BDC-E479-4D4E-9531-ADFE203ABE53.jpeg
B0208D74-3B45-4E04-9192-A933DC215561.jpeg
FDFDA5C3-1624-4455-A475-5D90584EB04E.jpeg

0733B9AF-F4F0-4789-BDC5-40FC39072320.jpeg

EC82D718-9229-45BE-AAB4-4C9DC2D4F36C.jpeg
D869914D-C4DF-48D4-B2A0-E1E91FBF5CEC.jpeg
7DCDCACB-3393-4F37-A919-F3A585768342.jpeg
BA0F6836-6FF5-490B-8E6B-EDBCDF83DE81.jpeg
F6E67E24-52C9-4EED-AA51-F5BE6A8A4325.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by AFN!

This concludes this journal, I will review each cultivar after at least a 3 month cure.

So I now have 3 grows under my belt, 1 soil/bottled nute grow and 2 organic "living soil" grows. This time I will be trying something new. A light soil with Grow Dots and Recharge in Rain Science Bags. Big thanks to @Dankerson for keeping a thorough journal and answering my questions. I will be mimicking a lot of what he has been doing after seeing the results he's been getting :thumbsup:🚬 But there will be some subtle differences due to what I have available near me. Lets get into this:

Genetics
Fast Buds - Blackberry
Fast Buds - CBD 1:1 (Formerly CBD Crack)
Gnome Automatics - Black Strap
Night Owl - ZaMango

Side Note: I just ordered some Jean-O genetics, was going to run one of his tester strains that he graciously sent me after ordering some beans. But realized that they are photos...luckily. Wouldn't have let myself down if I tossed a photo in with my autos. Will hopefully grow those tester cultivars once I get my other tent set up (it'll be my first photo grow). Quite excited to run his genetics next.

Set-up
My small 2.3'x2.3'x5' Mars Hydro tent
MH FCe-3000
2 gal Rain Science Auto Flower Bags (They look quite funny IMO)
ProMix Organic Soil w/ 25% perlite (Could not find BioBizz Light anywhere near me)
Grow Dots (using 20g per gal)
Recharge
BuildaSoil Quillaja Powder (Wetting Agent)
BuildaSoil Worm Castings (for a compost tea)

My mother in law found small seed starter tray with a bunch of peat pellets in it. So I decided to germinate the seeds in the pellets this time. I also have a very expensive heat mat aka my light at around 40% will a little airflow through the tent. Seems to be working and now the seeds are on a tray on the ground. They all look to be popping heads, hopefully they will be showing us those cotyledon leafs in the next 24 hours. We have a ton of family things going on atm (father in law diagnosed with ALS :sadcry:), but I will do my best to update this grow weekly along with my outdoor grow as well. The outdoor plants are around 20 days older, so maybe both grows will be finishing around the same time.
One more question for @Dankerson when do you transplant the peat pellets to the rain science bags? Do you wait until you see the true leaves?

View attachment 1525039
View attachment 1525037

Good ol' Frothy Recharge first thing in the morning
View attachment 1525040
View attachment 1525043

So tall and skinny (well see how these pots do)
View attachment 1525041View attachment 1525042

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!
:bighug:
I really dig those bags - great idea! I just recently switched to tall #5s but went to their website and scoped it out for the future. I've been switching to taller pots for photos and autos recently. My hope is that it makes it easier for my plants to gain height.

I go too crazy with training, I think, and my ladies are usually quite short.

I really dig those bags - great idea! I just recently switched to tall #5s but went to their website and scoped it out for the future. I've been switching to taller pots for photos and autos recently. My hope is that it makes it easier for my plants to gain height.

I go too crazy with training, I think, and my ladies are usually quite short.
Thanks for the rep @Rasterman and to be honest, I don’t even use those tall autoflower bags anymore. I use earthboxes now and have grown the tallest, biggest and best autos so far. Been the easiest grows ever for me. My tent is full up right now with 3 plants that are almost as tall as me (two of them are indicas). Imma need to get a bigger tent soon.
In the past, my autos stayed short because I wasnt very good at watering. The earthboxes have eliminated that, so my plants have been exploding.
But I appreciate the follow and you should tag me if you got a journal going on. I’d love to follow along and see how those 5gal bags are working out.

PS. This is what I see when I open my tent rn, this light is as high as it can go in a 6ft tent. They are about 6inches from the light.
7F54908E-035D-4423-8A94-827FE6BC85EC.jpeg

Thanks for the rep @Rasterman and to be honest, I don’t even use those tall autoflower bags anymore. I use earthboxes now and have grown the tallest, biggest and best autos so far. Been the easiest grows ever for me. My tent is full up right now with 3 plants that are almost as tall as me (two of them are indicas). Imma need to get a bigger tent soon.
In the past, my autos stayed short because I wasnt very good at watering. The earthboxes have eliminated that, so my plants have been exploding.
But I appreciate the follow and you should tag me if you got a journal going on. I’d love to follow along and see how those 5gal bags are working out.

PS. This is what I see when I open my tent rn, this light is as high as it can go in a 6ft tent. They are about 6inches from the light.
View attachment 1582759
That is a very well filled out tent! I'd like to try Earthbox too. Buildasoil has been running them and filming and they look like they work really well.

Back