Indoor R Wayne's Can't Stop Wont Stop Grow

Day 79 ZaMango
Just wanted to update with some ZaMango pictures. Day 79. She’s stacking and putting on some weight. The whole plant is leaning to the left now.

766FC973-58F3-412D-9496-A0B015147681.jpeg

000C7BF0-4B35-4527-A0AF-B73751144625.jpeg

63291695-3630-4490-BBE6-D03FBAFBFDF3.jpeg
D1177A95-2C5A-4761-AE4E-6B6B359066EE.jpeg

Your plants are looking great! Im starting my first autoflower in an earthbox in about a week. Im trying to figure out what soil i should use. I do follow BAS and use alot of their products but its too expensive to have their soil shipped to east coast ($30 shipping) all i need is a few bags and cant get myself to buy with that shipping cost. Other alternatives that have reaaonable shipping or i can grab locally are coast of maine, roots organic, i think i can get kis organics aswell at a decent price. I do have a bale of sunshine #4 mix with a bunch of different organic amendments from down to earth and some BAS products but i cannot find a recipe that seems suitable for autoflowers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Your plants are looking great! Im starting my first autoflower in an earthbox in about a week. Im trying to figure out what soil i should use. I do follow BAS and use alot of their products but its too expensive to have their soil shipped to east coast ($30 shipping) all i need is a few bags and cant get myself to buy with that shipping cost. Other alternatives that have reaaonable shipping or i can grab locally are coast of maine, roots organic, i think i can get kis organics aswell at a decent price. I do have a bale of sunshine #4 mix with a bunch of different organic amendments from down to earth and some BAS products but i cannot find a recipe that seems suitable for autoflowers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks @Danks23 :d5:
Ive only grown in BAS light mix and Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Happy Frog. I have heard really good things about coast of maine and roots organics, but I havent grown in either. Shipping soil from BAS cost me about the same (two bags = $27 shipping) and Im much closer than the east coast, Southern California. I was feeling the same as you cause shipping is just too damn expensive, but my thoughts on this situation are this: I plan on using and reusing this soil over and over. I wanted a soil that I know has transparent ingredients with quality control, directly from the source. I like that they use rice hulls instead of perlite for aeration. Shit I could ramble on about why I chose to pay shipping costs to get BAS, but its simple. Im paying the upfront costs for a soil that I plan on using for years. Once I figured that out, it didnt seem so expensive. If you dont plan on reusing your soil and starting fresh every time, compare ingredients and do some research. I have heard good things about both brands you were looking at and I think you would have success with either.
Hope this helps Amigro :cheers:

You should do a journal on here to document your grow, and if you do definitely tag me. Id enjoy following along

ZaMango Day 85
Just wanted to update with some pictures of ZaMango. Man the top colas are so crispy from light stress. In 3 grows Ive only been able to run my MH FC-e3000 at 75% at the highest (2ft from canopy) and have dropped it back down to 60% this grow. Dont think the plants like the added UV/IR during the entire grow. Seriously thinking about buying an HLG to replace this one. Just cant swing the money for it yet.
Ive also popped 4 more seeds for another outdoor run and will be starting another journal for that. I let my wife pick the seeds this time. They have all germinated and popped out the seedling soil and are chilling at the bottom of the tent rn.

21787219-399E-40AA-A624-B1229ABD7C46.JPG
0E65B8D4-C62D-4590-8C2C-37FDD709E6F9.JPG
45966891-CD8B-4906-9497-847739726308.JPG
FC9E4A16-83A3-439B-B35F-D64235B53BC4.JPG
E582027A-FD22-4FF1-945B-5D814EE4B9A2.JPG
9572FBD0-0488-4C8E-8540-8C21F3947141.JPG

Thanks for stopping by AFN, I hope yall have a great week!!!

Thanks @Danks23 :d5:
Ive only grown in BAS light mix and Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Happy Frog. I have heard really good things about coast of maine and roots organics, but I havent grown in either. Shipping soil from BAS cost me about the same (two bags = $27 shipping) and Im much closer than the east coast, Southern California. I was feeling the same as you cause shipping is just too damn expensive, but my thoughts on this situation are this: I plan on using and reusing this soil over and over. I wanted a soil that I know has transparent ingredients with quality control, directly from the source. I like that they use rice hulls instead of perlite for aeration. Shit I could ramble on about why I chose to pay shipping costs to get BAS, but its simple. Im paying the upfront costs for a soil that I plan on using for years. Once I figured that out, it didnt seem so expensive. If you dont plan on reusing your soil and starting fresh every time, compare ingredients and do some research. I have heard good things about both brands you were looking at and I think you would have success with either.
Hope this helps Amigro :cheers:

You should do a journal on here to document your grow, and if you do definitely tag me. Id enjoy following along
Thanks for the reply! I decided on the clakamas coots mix but i sourced all the ingredients locally and will mix it up myself. I think I just might have to do a grow journal, thanks for the recommendation. Should be getting everything by the end of this week and can get things rolling!

Thanks for the reply! I decided on the clakamas coots mix but i sourced all the ingredients locally and will mix it up myself. I think I just might have to do a grow journal, thanks for the recommendation. Should be getting everything by the end of this week and can get things rolling!
Heck ya dude, thats probably the best way to go about it. Hoping ill see your journal and updates soon.

ZaMango is getting heavy
Day 87 and the ZaMango is starting to topple over...buds weigh too much :smoking:

Going to do a partial harvest tonight and give the lowers another week to mature.

D6CA72AC-4C71-4898-895F-78D9F7B38BB8.JPG
DC804285-AC60-4DCD-839C-EC17BA4DCF93.JPG

Thats a nice size plant. I see a few other guys churning out some really nice plants with the Earthboxes. Definitely piqued my interest but, eh, dirt is too heavy for me to muck with.

I agree with your point about not being able to turn the light up beyond 75%. I have one of the FC-e4800 and even with the driver outside the tent, past 75% and the temps are way too high. I just finished an auto run with a new HLG panel. Quite the difference.

Back