Indoor R Wayne's Can't Stop Wont Stop Grow

R Wayne

Chi Cerca Trova
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Root Beer Float, ZaMango, Strawbba the Hutt, Jimmy Jacks, Invader Zam
So I now have 3 grows under my belt, 1 soil/bottled nute grow and 2 organic "living soil" grows. This time I will be trying something new. A light soil with Grow Dots and Recharge in Rain Science Bags. Big thanks to @Dankerson for keeping a thorough journal and answering my questions. I will be mimicking a lot of what he has been doing after seeing the results he's been getting :thumbsup::smoking: But there will be some subtle differences due to what I have available near me. Lets get into this:

Genetics
Fast Buds - Blackberry
Fast Buds - CBD 1:1 (Formerly CBD Crack)
Gnome Automatics - Black Strap
Night Owl - ZaMango

Side Note: I just ordered some Jean-O genetics, was going to run one of his tester strains that he graciously sent me after ordering some beans. But realized that they are photos...luckily. Wouldn't have let myself down if I tossed a photo in with my autos. Will hopefully grow those tester cultivars once I get my other tent set up (it'll be my first photo grow). Quite excited to run his genetics next.

Set-up
My small 2.3'x2.3'x5' Mars Hydro tent
MH FCe-3000
2 gal Rain Science Auto Flower Bags (They look quite funny IMO)
ProMix Organic Soil w/ 25% perlite (Could not find BioBizz Light anywhere near me)
Grow Dots (using 20g per gal)
Recharge
BuildaSoil Quillaja Powder (Wetting Agent)
BuildaSoil Worm Castings (for a compost tea)

My mother in law found small seed starter tray with a bunch of peat pellets in it. So I decided to germinate the seeds in the pellets this time. I also have a very expensive heat mat aka my light at around 40% will a little airflow through the tent. Seems to be working and now the seeds are on a tray on the ground. They all look to be popping heads, hopefully they will be showing us those cotyledon leafs in the next 24 hours. We have a ton of family things going on atm (father in law diagnosed with ALS :sadcry:), but I will do my best to update this grow weekly along with my outdoor grow as well. The outdoor plants are around 20 days older, so maybe both grows will be finishing around the same time.
One more question for @Dankerson when do you transplant the peat pellets to the rain science bags? Do you wait until you see the true leaves?

IMG_20221008_164002_021.jpg

IMG_20221008_131530_992.jpg

Good ol' Frothy Recharge first thing in the morning
IMG_20221009_115345_306.jpg

IMG_20221009_111940_049.jpg

So tall and skinny (well see how these pots do)
IMG_20221009_131040_550.jpg
IMG_20221009_174352_435.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!
:bighug:

So I now have 3 grows under my belt, 1 soil/bottled nute grow and 2 organic "living soil" grows. This time I will be trying something new. A light soil with Grow Dots and Recharge in Rain Science Bags. Big thanks to @Dankerson for keeping a thorough journal and answering my questions. I will be mimicking a lot of what he has been doing after seeing the results he's been getting :thumbsup::smoking: But there will be some subtle differences due to what I have available near me. Lets get into this:

Genetics
Fast Buds - Blackberry
Fast Buds - CBD 1:1 (Formerly CBD Crack)
Gnome Automatics - Black Strap
Night Owl - ZaMango

Side Note: I just ordered some Jean-O genetics, was going to run one of his tester strains that he graciously sent me after ordering some beans. But realized that they are photos...luckily. Wouldn't have let myself down if I tossed a photo in with my autos. Will hopefully grow those tester cultivars once I get my other tent set up (it'll be my first photo grow). Quite excited to run his genetics next.

Set-up
My small 2.3'x2.3'x5' Mars Hydro tent
MH FCe-3000
2 gal Rain Science Auto Flower Bags (They look quite funny IMO)
ProMix Organic Soil w/ 25% perlite (Could not find BioBizz Light anywhere near me)
Grow Dots (using 20g per gal)
Recharge
BuildaSoil Quillaja Powder (Wetting Agent)
BuildaSoil Worm Castings (for a compost tea)

My mother in law found small seed starter tray with a bunch of peat pellets in it. So I decided to germinate the seeds in the pellets this time. I also have a very expensive heat mat aka my light at around 40% will a little airflow through the tent. Seems to be working and now the seeds are on a tray on the ground. They all look to be popping heads, hopefully they will be showing us those cotyledon leafs in the next 24 hours. We have a ton of family things going on atm (father in law diagnosed with ALS :sadcry:), but I will do my best to update this grow weekly along with my outdoor grow as well. The outdoor plants are around 20 days older, so maybe both grows will be finishing around the same time.
One more question for @Dankerson when do you transplant the peat pellets to the rain science bags? Do you wait until you see the true leaves?

View attachment 1525039
View attachment 1525037

Good ol' Frothy Recharge first thing in the morning
View attachment 1525040
View attachment 1525043

So tall and skinny (well see how these pots do)
View attachment 1525041View attachment 1525042

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!
Heck yeah man looks like you got it all setup and going! As a tip I have noticed these taller autoflower bags like to be bottom and top watered with it being so tall so I do both once I start full waterings to make sure the entire pot gets wet. I had a few issues with the bottom drying out too quick. As far as transplanting as soon as it breaks the surface I usually go ahead and transplant it. By then the tap root is usually showing out the bottom of the pellet as well. I have small jiffy pellets though so if you have bigger ones you could get away with waiting longer. Hope it all goes well for you man! Definitely don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. Excited to see how the zamango turns out!

I also use the Jiffy Pellet method. I try to transplant as soon as I see a sprout. If the taproot isn't out the bottom I tear the netting off before dropping it in. A shotglass is a great way to "cut" a pellet sized hole.

Heck yeah man looks like you got it all setup and going! As a tip I have noticed these taller autoflower bags like to be bottom and top watered with it being so tall so I do both once I start full waterings to make sure the entire pot gets wet. I had a few issues with the bottom drying out too quick. As far as transplanting as soon as it breaks the surface I usually go ahead and transplant it. By then the tap root is usually showing out the bottom of the pellet as well. I have small jiffy pellets though so if you have bigger ones you could get away with waiting longer. Hope it all goes well for you man! Definitely don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. Excited to see how the zamango turns out!
I also use the Jiffy Pellet method. I try to transplant as soon as I see a sprout. If the taproot isn't out the bottom I tear the netting off before dropping it in. A shotglass is a great way to "cut" a pellet sized hole.
Thanks for the feedback fellas! Hopefully Ill be transplanting tomorrow :biggrin:
Thanks for the info about the autoflower bags. They are kind of ridiculously tall, so I will try top and bottom watering with them. I read the dimensions before I ordered them, but somehow didnt conceptualize the actual height :wall: :shrug: I will definitely be topping them as well with the height of the pots and the lack of height of my tent. That will also be a first as well. Been reading the 4th or 5th node is a good time to do it. Ill let the plants tell me when (if that makes sense).
Thanks again for the replies :thanks: and even though I've grown a few times (smoking a joint of some RocBud Tru Mac, from my recent harvest right now) Im excited to be trying new things. Sort of feels like the first time again, scary and exciting.

@Dankerson I also just read that you havent been feeling well, hope you get back to feeling better soon buddy :pass:
Gummies have been a life saver for my wife and I when we get sick. They helped me immensely the first time I caught the dreaded covid.

:goodluck: will be following along if you don't mind.
Interested in those Autoflower Rain Science bags, got my finger over the buy button.
Like you said though, they are very tall. Will take a bit of learning to correctly water, all the best.

:goodluck: will be following along if you don't mind.
Interested in those Autoflower Rain Science bags, got my finger over the buy button.
Like you said though, they are very tall. Will take a bit of learning to correctly water, all the best.
:welcome: Happy to have you along for the ride :pass::cheers:

@Dankerson I also just read that you havent been feeling well, hope you get back to feeling better soon buddy :pass:
Gummies have been a life saver for my wife and I when we get sick. They helped me immensely the first time I caught the dreaded covid.
Thanks man I really appreciate it! :pighug::pass: Looking into making some mct oil for capsules as we speak haha.

Thanks man I really appreciate it! :pighug::pass: Looking into making some mct oil for capsules as we speak haha.
Yessir, I been using MCT oil to make my tinctures for almost a year now :d5:
I love it, makes dosing and micro dosing really easy...I really like the taste of it too :biggrin::haha:
IMG_20221010_140656_895.jpg

Was able to transplant the jiffy pellets into the pots today, all seeds had popped all the way out or were really close. 2 of them had tap roots already sticking out, I ripped the netting off of the 2 that didnt per @DCLXVI advice. I also used a shot glass to cut nice holes for the Jiffy pellets. Its funny cause i grabbed the biggest shot glass we have, realized it was too big for the Jiffy pellets. Had to go back and find the normal sized shot glass. My good ol' alcoholism popping up everywhere...the bigger the better...not always I suppose, just with joints :smoking: I put Mycos directly in the hole before putting the jiffy pellet in. I always like to add mycos to the soil mix and again whenever I add the seed or transplant. Give them a little head start.

I also gave the sprouts a couple sprays from my spray bottle. I usually do this if the sprouts still have their helmet on, usually seems to help loosen it a bit. Now I did give each 2gal pot about 1/4 of a gallon of water with the quillaja in it to fully saturate them. I also use a 1 gal sprayer to water, seems to help distribute the water more evenly. So I'll keep an eye on them, but dont intend to water again for a few days. From what Ive read, rain science bags allow more air flow, which in turn dries them out quicker. Just have to be patient and check on them a few times a day.

IMG_20221010_134809_394.jpg
IMG_20221010_134937_984.jpg
IMG_20221010_135922_934.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you AFNers have a great day!

Back