New Grower REDO - IN AT THE DEEP END !! - DWC/LED/Remo Nutrients: Fruit Punch Auto/Cheese Auto

Boradan

We don't need no stinking Badges!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem Critical+ 2.0, Seedstockers BCN Critical XXL
I had to start a fresh thread for my first grow as my image host decided to shut down and I could no longer edit the older posts to insert image links.
Luckily, I am only 12 days into the grow, so it isn't a major issue.

The setup is as follows:
Mars 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m Tent
4" extractor fan and carbon filter
2 x Viparspectra 600w LEDs (276w from the wall each giving a total of 552 Watts) - slightly under the 600w HPS that I was initially planning to use.
Plant!t Aeros IV Master DWC System
Full set of Remo Nutrients @RemoNutrients
Great White
Silica Booster
PH UP
PH DOWN
PH Meter
PPM Meter
Calibration solutions (PH7 and PH4) for the PH Meter
2 x 50 litre containers for water for dechlorination and Nute setup prior to putting in the reservoir.
1 small aquarium pump to fill/empty these containers.
1 dual output air pump with stones to aerate the water prior to transfer to the reservoir - hopefully this will remove some of the PH fluctuations that Aerated DWC water is prone to if I aerate the water well before transferring to the reservoir.
1 temp/humidity meter
1 temp meter with attached probe to take temperatures of the reservoir
1 humidifier (if needed)
1 dehumidifier (if needed)

SEEDS:
1 x Original Seeds Cheese Auto
3 x Heavyweight Seeds Fruit Punch Auto
CtiYi8F.jpg

For the Remo Nutes I will be using, as a guide, the spreadsheet linked by @MedGrower in his grow thread regarding Remo and DWC - I will adapt his amounts as needed for this grow, and will only be using his amounts as a baseline guide.

I will be using tapwater for this grow:
PH: 7.3
PPM: 190
The water will be in containers for at least 2 days before use to let the chlorine dissapate.
I will be running an air pump with 2 airstones to do the aeration before adding nutrients

SETUP:::
c3cX8kO.jpg

@sanguine @MedGrower @Dudeski @jingo @Wawashell @St. Tom
@archie gemmill

Last edited:
LED Hanging modification:
I have modified the hanging of the 2 Viparspectra 600w LEDs.
I was not impressed with the holders included with the LEDs - 4 x 14 1/2" cables, plus a 2" hook attached to each corner.
These meant that the led was sitting about 14" below the ratchet hanger - thats 14" of height I could not use if the plants get tall.
To rectify this I simply swapped the cables (which cannot have the length modified) for some Hanging chain.
I also swapped out the ratchets for some better ones as the originals had only a 5kg max weight and the lights come in at just over that ;(

After modification:
tVyyV9v.jpg

With this change, I have managed to give myself approximately 10" extra height to play with

One seed (Fruit Punch Auto) seems to be giving me some trouble - it may or may not have failed to germinate fully/died:

LlYhd6H.jpg

It got the start of its root, but then stopped and has been like that for 72 hours now.
The other 3 seeds germinated fully and have now been transferred into the DWC system under plastic bottles to keep the humidity up:

DAY 1

AvjVDwS.jpg

55KcxIw.jpg

jU6o5oZ.jpg

Once the stems have matured a bit, I will add more clay pebbles to cover the rockwool to avoid any algae growth on them.

Currently, the lights are sitting at 30" from the plants on Veg only.
I will gradually lower them as the plants get stronger and turn on the bloom function at about a week old.

1ml per litre Velokelp
PH: 5.9
PPM: 220
RH: 52% (no idea about under the plastic bottles)
Temp: 26C
Water Temp 19C

Day 4:
The Fruit punch [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] is a bit behind the others, but starting to come on now:
Cheese Auto - Day 4
vvz0UQW.jpg

Fruit Punch Auto [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] - Day 4
ZCD1ZD0.jpg

Fruit Punch Auto [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] Day 4
nUBDQQR.jpg

Lights are at 30" and running full bloom/veg

ppm: 218
PH: 6.1
Temp: 26 C
Water Temp: 19.2 C
Humidity 48%

DAY 7 UPDATE:

ppm: 219
pH: 6.1
Temp: 26.6 C
Water Temp: 22.1 C
RH: 38%

Seem to be having an issue with the first Fruit Punch.
It looks like a Cal/Mag deficiency - didn't expect that in the first week...

Original Cheese Auto:
Looking good and has about 4" of taproot out of the net and into the water :thumb:

X2EUcJk.jpg

Fruit Punch Auto [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]:
The one with what looks like a cal/Mag deficiency.
On the positive side, it has 2"-3" of taproot in the water now :D

WPv5cER.jpg

Fruit Punch Auto [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]:
The baby of the bunch - still running a few days behind the others.

lUIUUec.jpg

I am in the process of doing a full res change and will be starting to add the other nutrients now:

Velokelp: 1.5ml per litre
Grow: 0.75ml per litre
Magnifical: 0.75ml per litre
Micro: 0.75ml per litre
natures Candy: 0.75 ml per litre

Day 10 update:::::

Cheese:
BkW9GF4.jpg

FP [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]:
G0c3wNZ.jpg

FP#2:
HaNkYdr.jpg

All looking good.
The FP#1 has definitely recovered from the def/illnes and is now growing nicely.
FP#2 is also coming along well.

Both are a day or 2 behind the Cheese, but it is simply racing along at full steam.
Cheese Roots:
yk42OGO.jpg

Nice set of roots so far.
The brown spot on the roots is nothing to do with rot or staining but is simply particles from the clay pellets - even though I had rinsed the HELL out of them :(

Very happy with the way things are going so far.
Hopefully in the next week or so, the Fruit Punch's will catch up to the cheese.

That's the end of what I had to repost due to the image hosting site I was using going offline.
All after this point is 'as it happens' :D

Ah. You do have a grow. I am sub and ready to watch.:welcome::thumbsup:

You have a great set up. so Sweet

Back