Running autos 24/7 does not reduce potency, its a MYTH

Im in california and a 3 month grow doesnt cost me anywhere near that much.. Im guessing your grow is putting your electrical consumption into a more costly tier where the electricity triples in price.. I run 5 auto cobs , a 4 inch fan and an oscillating fan in a 4x4 and my bill barely goes up 40 dollars a month..

What lights are you running???

9 DIY citizen clu-048-1812 COBS pulling 500w at the wall. With fans, filters, etc, I'd be somewhere between 2x and maybe 2.5 x your usage, puts me right at 85-100$ a month for power & at 31w per square foot. 16154362040276280610067807224880.jpg

If your gonna run 24 hrs just make sure you dim/raise your lights according to the proper DLI for that time in the plants life. I recently found that going over the proper DLI causes strange things to happen to the plant and they do not like it. I just had a plant that was twisting its leaves upside down and the leaves in the row above were angling 45° away from each other (It got even crazier in the pic below before it got better). There’s a DLI calculator if you google it so you can find your optimal DLI, but basically you are converting total ppf throughout the day. From that number you can dim/raise/lower your lights accordingly.
View attachment 1295492View attachment 1295493

That was a good article. Did you measure your DLI with a Par meter?

That was a good article. Did you measure your DLI with a Par meter?
Thanks, I came across it the other day when I was trying to figure out what was going on with my plant that was in perfect condition but was acting super wonky.

I already know the par levels of my light at certain distances for certain wattages thanks to YouTube & buying a quality light (light info in brochure). All I do is dim my light according to watts with a connected potentiometer. :chef: Potentiometers are only like $20-30 on Amazon or Home Depot:cheers:

Thanks, I came across it the other day when I was trying to figure out what was going on with my plant that was in perfect condition but was acting super wonky.

I already know the par levels of my light at certain distances for certain wattages thanks to YouTube & buying a quality light (light info in brochure). All I do is dim my light according to watts with a connected potentiometer. :chef: Potentiometers are only like $20-30 on Amazon or Home Depot:cheers:

What light do you own? That's pretty useful when info is available

We all have our opinions which we base on our experience.
When a process doesn’t work for me, I evaluate the time that I have invested and make reasonable judgment on rather the process is worth continuing.
Or I dedicate more time to the process so I can figure out a way to make it work.
If I find the process not feasible for me and my situation, I don’t spew dislikes and judge others for wanting to see if they can make it work.
And I never get made when someone does finds a way to make a process work, when I couldn’t figure it out.
I think growgav420 has the right attitude

0F6D812D-E70B-4389-BA40-5FED6F7031A0.jpeg

I found an app called korona(only ios)that seems pretty good. It calculates DLI, lux, and par and for different types of sources like sun, led, hps, cmh, etc. Supposedly it's calibrated for the phones camera. I check it against the actual hours of sun in my yard versus my tent. You have to use a diffuser(white paper) over the lens for more accurate results.

This would be good to compare directly with your documented par values.

Last edited:
22/2 schedule gave me hard Nugged monsters. It's the fact that Autos can take in/utilise all that light that PP plants can't. Gives it SUCH an edge.

IMG_20201112_204844_486~2.jpg

IMG_20201119_033330_044.jpg

I just had a plant that was twisting its leaves upside down and the leaves in the row above were angling 45° away from each other (It got even crazier in the pic below before it got better).

This ^^ Just recently i had a plant that was too close to the light and 2 or 3 hours before lights went off she would start doing really weird things with her top leaves. I then measured the ppfd's, converted to DLI and found out it was getting 80 DLI ! As soon as i raised the light the problem went away.

Back