Running autos 24/7 does not reduce potency, its a MYTH

A few mods here say it does reduce potency. I chose to believe Mephisto, cuz I've seen the plants that the disputers grow.

"bro science" still lives on I guess....

Last edited:
A few mods here say it does reduce potency. I chose to believe Mephisto, cuz I've seen the plants that the disputers grow.

i just go 18/6 as its cheaper on my electric and what mods said that its just growers choice

Twern’t me, I’m an 18/6 guy myself. My quite unscientific look at this told me that the extra $$$ spent did not produce enough of a difference. So it seemed to me that there is a point of diminishing returns at play here and that’s why I chose 18/6 as my cycle.

I like my 19/5. I've ran 24/0. I won't be going back to it. I don't see the difference other than power really. Every grow environment is different. Not enough for 5 more hours of light a day

I'm running 24/7 to stabilize a cold environment. The next run I'll be dealing with decent temps outside, this definitely affects my sub basement temps. I'll prolly switch to 20/4 cycle.

My grow doesn't seem particularly advanced for running nonstop. I might shave off 4-5 days off CHOP time.

who said that can you quote the post:thanks: if not then i think you might be confused to the point there making never seen anyone say that a 24hr light cycle reduces potency iv seen lots that say it affects plant health are you confusing these two points :2cents:

Man Of Green said it. I'm not gonna bother looking for the post, it exists tho.

I don't believe much of what he posts, the rest of the mods are usually on point. He posts his subjective opinions as facts.

18/6 here.
The additional 6 hrs of light is 360 hrs over a 3 month window... multiply by 29 cents a kilowatt hr... or an added 104$ a run... the minor gain in weight is well offset by the cost. That raises the per gram cost by .20 cents... or about 1.15 to 1.25 a gram of finished product. I need things to run between .70 / .90 cents a gram to stay running.

Here in California, power alone runs me just over 300$ on a 4x4 18/6 per run. Add in the nutes, soil, genetics... filters for the RO system etc, currently a run costs just over 600$. At some point, you start watching your $.

Running 24 on isn't going to reduce your run time any significant amount .. been here done that all before.

Man Of Green said it. I'm not gonna bother looking for the post, it exists tho.

I don't believe much of what he posts, the rest of the mods are usually on point. He posts his subjective opinions as facts.
i very rarely post on the technical stuff as i don't know enough about it but i wish you would of said what mod posted it that's just my 2 cents bro and I'm all about having a discussion though

Back