Seed Stockers Seed Stockers - Fruit Cake - Frogster Grow - 2019 Leg 2 Battle

Frogster

Ratiocinate Extraordinaire (look it up)
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
THC Bomb, G.S.C., Blackberry, Caramel, Euphoria, Amnesia, CandyDawg, Purple Stilton & Others
autocob-bright-full-logo-3-jpg.1048527

Hi & Welcome.... This will be my Journal for the "Seed Stockers - Fruit Cake" Leg 2 Battle

First, A big thank you to Seed Stockers for providing the test seed.

:thanks:

I am looking forward to growing this, a relatively new strain, with little feedback on grow characteristics at this time, it is going to be an interesting and learning grow.

Seed Name Logo.jpg

She will be sharing my tent (photo below), with two other Girls.

tent-2-jpg.1048538

On occasion it maybe necessary to show photographs off the full tent, including the other plants sharing it, but I will try and keep this Journal focused on the "Fruit Cake".

If anyone is interested, a normal tent setup/startup for me (my goto setup), is detailed below.

Equipment Setup

Tent

2.4mt x 1.2mt x 2mt (Green Qube 1224)
Ventilation / Intake
Outside Air from Ground Level >>> Wall Hole Entrance with Bug Screen >>> Ducting >>> 5" Systemair High Volume Fan >>> (Enter Tent) 5" Ducting >>> Diffuser
Filtration / Exhaust
8" Rhino Pro Carbon Filter (800m/3) >>> Reduced to 6" Duct >>> High Velocity Systemair 6" (720m/3) >>> (Exit Tent) Acoustic Ducting >>> Wall Exit.
Main Lighting (for this grow)
8 x 3500k - 55wt Auto Cobs (@BigSm0 - Cobshop) with reflectors, as needed.
Reserve Emergency Lighting
600w 400v Dual HPS & 600w Mars Hydro LED (old style)
Environmental Control
Evolution Fan / Temp / Rh Controller
4ft Tower oscillating fan
Assorted other clip fans etc
Humidifier / Fogger with variable level, pumps cooling fog to plants
De-Humidifier
Home Built Humidifier / De-Humidifier Controller
PulseOne, Environmental logger.
V20 Air Pump
2000wt Oil filled Radiator, Tube Heaters and backup fan heater
Medium Etc
Dual Grow & Bloom Res with circulating pump, Autopot system, with inpot Airdomes
Ferro Nutrients (Regional Adjusted)
Addatives:- Charge, Plant Magic Mycorrhizae, Mammoth P
Canna Terra Pro Soil, Clay Pebbles, Additional Perlite
Other Bits & Bobs.

I have a few other "grow tools" in my cupboard that can be called upon if needed.

I always like testing out new stuff... or improvising bits and bobs to make something work how I want it to.....

So don't be surprised if I vary from the above during a grow.

Today is Germ Day

A single Seed Stockers "Fruit Cake" seed was placed into a shot glass, with Ph'd water today.

Germ.jpg

The shot glass has been placed in a warm dark place, awaiting the seed to crack and a tail appear.

The seed will then be potted into a clear "Solo Cup" . She will remain in this cup until I judge her to have sufficient root development to enable me to transplant her into her final resting place (an Autopot with Airdome.), without inflicting to much shock...

Pull up a chair, roll a fat one, enjoy the ride.

:smokeout:

calling out to:- @CannaZone Tier 1 , @CannaZone Tier 2 , @CannaZone Tier 3 , @Seedstockers_Mischa

:pass:

Last edited:
Very much looking forward to seeing how this one goes. From what I've seen, she's a bit unpredictable (already 3 phenos identified in one grow :eek1:) For that reason I didn't have the kahunas to enter her and went for Super Skunk but I'm reeeeeally looking forward to trying her out at some point. Even if there are a few different phenos, with parents like hers, I'm sure they're all pretty great. :goodluck:

Good luck with this one bro!!
Have a wee swatch over here... https://www.autoflower.org/threads/mikis-grows-fruit-cake.69556/
Not the best journal as i started loosing interest in them, but the first half is decent lol! ✌✌

One of the reasons I wanted to try this is the problems others have had with the "Fruit Cake".

To see if it is a widespread problem, or just one batch of seeds? who knows..... But we will see if the same problems happen here, and if they do, try and get to the bottom of it.

Wish me Luck.

Thanks for the tag, I will add your journal to your update post.
I am running Fruit Cake as well (with the other two strains) as I like to see with my own eyes any issues that could happen.

One of the reasons I wanted to try this is the problems others have had with the "Fruit Cake".

To see if it is a widespread problem, or just one batch of seeds? who knows..... But we will see if the same problems happen here, and if they do, try and get to the bottom of it.

Wish me Luck.

Both myself and @hairyman have got definite photoperiods! Ive got one, he has two! So i pray thats not a problem you have to deal with! Other than that the only real problem ive had is the time they take to flower! ✌✌

@RivetGrrl

Unfortunately I have a failed germination.

1 more seed dropped as a replacement on the 30th April. Direct sown to soil.

Thanks for the heads up, good luck with the germination :toke:

@TheMongol

I have had 2 failed "Fruit Cake" germinations, so I unfortunately will have to withdraw from this Battle.

The other seed strains I am growing alongside the "Fruit Cake" have germed OK, same soil, water, heated propagator, temp, Rh, etc.... so I do not think it's "User Error". :nono:

Sorry Seedstockers, I wanted to grow that plant, but even if I had a late germ, it would be out of sync now with the rest of my tent.

@TheMongol

I have had 2 failed "Fruit Cake" germinations, so I unfortunately will have to withdraw from this Battle.

The other seed strains I am growing alongside the "Fruit Cake" have germed OK, same soil, water, heated propagator, temp, Rh, etc.... so I do not think it's "User Error". :nono:

Sorry Seedstockers, I wanted to grow that plant, but even if I had a late germ, it would be out of sync now with the rest of my tent.
Got it into Biggest.:pass:

Back