Auto Seeds seeds won't pop

dwizzlex

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Disattisfied with Mephisto Genetics. Always a fan until recent purchases. Only 3 out of 8 seeds popped, and one of those was stunted. This is surprising and disappointing. Used my usual method - damp paper towel, CD case on a modem - but no sign of life. So, has anyone found similar? Has anyone any useful advice - I tried a glass of water with no success? Can anyone recommend a reliable UK source for seeds? I really don't want to keep on throwing money down the Mephisto sink. Cheers.

Hello i am uk i have grown a few mephisto strains they are nothing special smoke the same as any other just paying for the name bit like nike Seed stockers are just as good if not better and half the price i prefer Fastbuds or growers choice i use this seed bank very good service

Last edited:
Hello i am uk i have grown a few mephisto strains they are nothing special smoke the same as any other just paying for the name bit like nike Seed stockers are just as good if not better and half the price i use this seed bank very good service
H I. I had a 90 % pop rate with Mephisto previously, but since they came back in the Autumn, with their new look website, I've had the problems. I'll have a look at your recommended retailer. Can you recommend any reliable, quality strains I can get on there? Cheers.

H I. I had a 90 % pop rate with Mephisto previously, but since they came back in the Autumn, with their new look website, I've had the problems. I'll have a look at your recommended retailer. Can you recommend any reliable, quality strains I can get on there? Cheers.
Hello any of fastbuds they are all top notch and easy to grow my favourite is orange sherbert smells good and strong smoke
then it has to be brain damage by growers choice gets you proper hammered then sticky fingers by seed stockers which is banging i am growing their jack herer and sour diesel at the moment

Hello any of fastbuds they are all top notch and easy to grow my favourite is orange sherbert smells good and strong smoke
then it has to be brain damage by growers choice gets you proper hammered then sticky fingers by seed stockers which is banging i am growing their jack herer and sour diesel at the moment
Ummm. They all sound good. I'll definitely give them a go. Out of interest, how do you germinate? My simple method was always reliable until now, so I think it can only be the seeds which are the problem.

Ummm. They all sound good. I'll definitely give them a go. Out of interest, how do you germinate? My simple method was always reliable until now, so I think it can only be the seeds which are the problem.
Hello i just put in shot glass with ph'd water for 24 hours in the dark then straight in to final pot never have a problem this way i have never done the paper towel way as not necessary if the seed dont come out the ground it is prob a dud

Small glass with H2o, a few drops of h2o2, soak for 18, into a damp paper towel in the dark. Temperature is important for sprouting..
80f or 26-27C. :smoking:

Some folks don't like using the paper towel method as they say the very tiny hair roots can get stuck in the towel.. butz that doesn't seem to be an issue if the paper is properly damp. :shrug:

Fast Buds has some great strains :thumbsup:

I just use a glass of water, normally takes a day or 2, can take longer, if they dont pop, cracking their shell will get them to grow, unless theyre a complete dud.

Only 3 out of 8 seeds popped
FWIW I have had germ issues with Meph gear for several grows. AvT , Forum Stomper, and HBH all had low (<50%) germ rates for me on recent runs. I have a solid germ protocol. I suspect shipping and storage issues (perhaps sitting in a 200 deg container at anchor for 3 months due to Covid/supply chain issues) rather than genetics.

FWIW I have had germ issues with Meph gear for several grows. AvT , Forum Stomper, and HBH all had low (<50%) germ rates for me on recent runs. I have a solid germ protocol. I suspect shipping and storage issues (perhaps sitting in a 200 deg container at anchor for 3 months due to Covid/supply chain issues) rather than genetics.
Yeah man, that's a valid point. SOH and FS have been the main culprits for me.

Back