Indoor Seedstockers Candy Dawg Kush - DWC - Megacrop

Wian

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Seedstockers Gorilla Cookies
Started a Candy Dawg Kush seed a couple of days ago.

I am growing this plant under a Mars Hydro SP 150, which I leave on 24 hours a day.
I am doing kind of "lazy" DWC:
- No chiller, just a simple 15 liter bucket filled with a maximum of 12 liter of water.
- No disinfection except for starting with a clean tub.
- When the roots touch the water for the first time I add half a gram of "pond saver" to the bucket to prevent root problems. This solves all root rot problems for me (knock on wood)

For now the water will be mixed like this:
- 1 gram of "Mega Crop" per liter.
- 0.25 gram of "Cal-Mag pro" per liter.

After flowering has really got going I will be adding "Sweet Candy" and "Bud Explosion" in the water I add.

She has been in her net pot now for two days.. No roots visible yet, so I will continue taking a little bit of water out of the bucket and pouring it over the top of the net pot to prevent the young green joy giver from drying out.
So not much to report yet.... :baked:

Hello.JPG

And she is off!! Love it.
Cheers,
EP3

And.. we have roots! :pighug:
ROOTS.JPG

I added pond saver (0.5 grams dissolved in half a cup of warm water) to prevent root issues..

Growth should start accelerating now! :oops1:

So, do you water in from the top until the roots reach the water? And, do you use water from the reservoir or mix up separate solution and pour in?

So, do you water in from the top until the roots reach the water? And, do you use water from the reservoir or mix up separate solution and pour in?
Yes, I take water from the reservoir to water from the top. I just poor like 50 milliliters in a circle a small distance from the stem.

Ah, thanks! I'm quite interested in DWC so I'd like to watch your grow and pick your brain along the way.

Ah, thanks! I'm quite interested in DWC so I'd like to watch your grow and pick your brain along the way.
You are very welcome to follow along!
After you get used to DWC it is not hard at all, I will add some extra details for you! :jointman:

Just checked progress..
Second set of leaves is incoming.. Progress is still slow, but she is about to get going.. :woody:
Little progress.JPG

The roots are progressing nicely to:
more roots.JPG

I checked the PH of the solution, it was at 6.4, so I took a liter out, and added three drops of PH minus to that and poured it all back in the bucket.. I measured a couple of minutes later, and the PH had lowered to 6.2-ish level.. Which is what I aim for during the growth phase.

I hope to be able to report plant take-off soon! :pimp:

Sunday morning update..

Roots are progressing nicely:
roots_again.JPG

The upper part:
lady_pale.JPG

As the leaves are a little bit pale (almost yellow-ish) I will increase the Mega Crop dosing from 1 gram/liter to 1.1 gram/liter.
I checked the PH, it was 6.16 so that's acceptable..

I took 1 liter out of the bucket and dissolved 1.2 grams of mega crop in it (12 (liters) times 0.1 grams = 1.2 grams), measured PH again..
It was around 6.1. so all good.. I poured the mixture back in the bucket..

If this does not darken the leaf color in a couple of days I will do another Mega Crop increase. (For reference I have a Mephisto MBAP plant right next to it in the same fertilizer strength solution and it is dark green so my assumption is that this Candy Dawg wants more nitrogen)

Have a nice Sunday! :goauto::chimp:

Quick update..

Checked the PH: 6.29 which is still acceptable. (I check the PH at least once per day (usually twice) and correct it if it is to high, this usually starts happening when the plant is a little bigger)
Tomorrow I will evaluate the color of the leaves again and possibly add some more Mega Crop again..

Root view:
roots_nr3.JPG

And the leaves stuff:
still_light1.JPG

still_light2.JPG

With kinds regards,
:toke:

Back