sour.b

Clean Medicine
Reaction score
GrowNorthern sent the Telos-0008 last week, and she was fired up in my tent over the weekend.
I will start by a big thanks to them for this opportunity to test the light here on AFN. A few other growers will be joining very soon in the GN subforum.

The Telos-0008 (240W) will replace 2 xGN MS0006 (180W each) in my usual setup.
-Grow Cube Classic 80 (80x80x180cm)
-15L airpots
-Plagron Light Mix
-Biobizz Nute line- BioHeaven - BioGrow - Algamic - BioBloom- Plagron Green Sensation. I will hold on cal-mag additives until I see any kind of deficiency.

For this first grow with the Telos I chose a personal favorite of mine the DutchPassion AutoNightQueen, she is being grown alongside a maturing GSC and a flowering SweetSpecialAuto but I will focus on the ANQ on this thread being the youngest one. (day14 today)

As I took the MS0006s down I thought it could be interesting to see how they compare in size and take an extra look to the Telos.
The Telos-008 is a real beauty, construction left me in real awe and the heatsink is a piece of art! I will let the pics do the talking.

fsUnmLo.jpg

DZl0NFo.jpg

FE0tsYR.jpg

From this photo I believe GN have settled for the High Density version of the spectrum, which they should confirm soon.
FFpJ9zp.jpg

Now to compare it to the MS0006

USuiwRw.jpg

4u2diMd.jpg

I will start with this grow in the next post.

Last edited:
Bit of catch up to do to with the AutoNightQueen.

Day1
Um9m7Ve.jpg

Day5
Sle3Fwn.jpg

Day13
The switch.
A7v5hQ5.jpg

UDatbXr.jpg

First day under the Telos. The light is 70 cm over the canopy for now until I see how the plant reacts.
6vOXpI6.jpg

CdafDO8.jpg

Day14 today
And the NQ has already shown sex.
8y3ZtQx.jpg

uU7WMyW.jpg

Leaf tucking to get her the best exposure

EPFrStE.jpg

First feed was today 1/2 L of solution with the following Heaven 1ml - BioGrow 1ml per 1L, will introduce the Algamic in 2 days for the next feed.
That is it for now.

I aim to update this thread 2/3 times a week if I can.

:peace:

@sour.b looking good, can't wait to see how you get on with the new light.

I just wanted to quickly mention a few things about about the driver; the Meanwell driver in the picture above is a standard off the shelf part we are using for the samples. Anyone familiar with the Meanwell drivers will know this model has inbuilt potentiometers for adjusting the current and voltage, the production version will be a custom version (datasheet) we have worked with Meanwell to develop and it won't have the potentiometers in. As @Bunny mentioned having the driver externally mounted makes it easy to access. It also has two IP66 twist lock connectors on both connections so changing the driver model in the future will take 2 mins.

The Meanwell drivers from our experience are some of the most reliable available and this, the high IP rating and the large input/output range is why they are becoming the standard for LED grow lights. This function wasn't built for easy warranty replacements (though if the worst was to happen, it does things very quick and easy to fix) but actually because the lamp/LED and heatsink section and the driver are two separate certified products entirely. This means that the lamp section is certified independently of the driver so it can work with a range of different power solutions that can be top mounted or even externally mounted with a link cable. It could even be used with a large rack driver which would power several lamps. In this configuration the lamp section will retain it's IP, CE and UL certifications as long as the inputs specified are not exceeded. This is a great feature for managing large commercial installations but also for making the Telos system future proof. No matter what upgrades are available in the future users can simply change the driver and or the modules without having to buy and install an entire new system. We plan to sell a range of drivers for the Telos, some with basic functionality like the driver in the datasheet above which will be available from launch and others with DALI capability so they can work with our bluetooth control solution we are developing. The rail part: GN-Telos-0002HD seen in the pictures is designed with mounting holes for both the HLG and ELG 240w drivers from Meanwell and also our hanging hooks. Again this parts can be changed/replaced to mount other drivers we may work with in the future.

GrowNorthern sent the Telos-0008 last week, and she was fired up in my tent over the weekend.
I will start by a big thanks to them for this opportunity to test the light here on AFN. A few other growers will be joining very soon in the GN subforum.

The Telos-0008 (240W) will replace 2 xGN MS0006 (180W each) in my usual setup.
-Grow Cube Classic 80 (80x80x180cm)
-15L airpots
-Plagron Light Mix
-Biobizz Nute line- BioHeaven - BioGrow - Algamic - BioBloom- Plagron Green Sensation. I will hold on cal-mag additives until I see any kind of deficiency.

For this first grow with the Telos I chose a personal favorite of mine the DutchPassion AutoNightQueen, she is being grown alongside a maturing GSC and a flowering SweetSpecialAuto but I will focus on the ANQ on this thread being the youngest one. (day14 today)

As I took the MS0006s down I thought it could be interesting to see how they compare in size and take an extra look to the Telos.
The Telos-008 is a real beauty, construction left me in real awe and the heatsink is a piece of art! I will let the pics do the talking.

fsUnmLo.jpg

DZl0NFo.jpg

FE0tsYR.jpg

From this photo I believe GN have settled for the High Density version of the spectrum, which they should confirm soon.
FFpJ9zp.jpg

Now to compare it to the MS0006

USuiwRw.jpg

4u2diMd.jpg

I will start with this grow in the next post.
Im not seeing any pics for some reason... strange

Back