What is that on top of your soil, rice husks?

Might want to check the calibration on that ec meter... And mosquito bits work great for fungus gnats. You can either soak them in the feed or sprinkle them on top of the coco. They'll take 2 weeks to eradicate an issue but fantastic as a preventative :d5:

Might want to check the calibration on that ec meter... And mosquito bits work great for fungus gnats. You can either soak them in the feed or sprinkle them on top of the coco. They'll take 2 weeks to eradicate an issue but fantastic as a preventative :d5:

Yeah i’m trying my best to prevent them before they bury in. My rain collector also gets a mosquito dunk. I bought some 1000ppm solution from amazon and surprisingly this meter was pretty accurate for how cheap it is. I want to say it was about 50ppm off. Which i should really be accounting for.

Reactions: JP1
Grappa sprout
The meph grappa decided to show up. She’s in a pot now.

i’ll count it as day one once the cotyledons show.
B8D84EBB-E39E-4259-9720-3D5412A6CD50.jpeg

I also threw 2 more grappa seeds yesterday the 12th thinking neither of the grappas were going to sprout.

Watered again with a 60ml syringe.
455 EC
6.28 PH

only have one more 5gal readily available:eek1:

Last edited:
The meph grappa decided to show up. She’s in a pot now.
View attachment 1501119

I also threw 2 more grappa seeds yesterday the 12th thinking neither of the grappas were going to sprout.

Watered again with a 60ml syringe.
455 EC
6.28 PH

only have one more 5gal readily available:eek1:
Oh Sticky, yer pots look so purdy.

infirmary
Hey everyone,

Its been about a week since they sprouted. I feel like they were going pretty strong until recently.
To try and appropriately rationalize my nute mix when I needed to dilute I came up with this;
I would get a gal of water in a bucket and add manufacturers' gallon suggestions for Cal-Mag(Wait 30min/1hr), GH Novaflora, Zeus Juice, SLF-100, Mammon Canncontrol and Cocowet. I'd let my submersible up mix everything up in the gal.
It would usually be at ~1500ec

Then in a separate bucket, I'll either 1gal or 2gal of rainwater and then i'd add the appropriate dosage of calmag to that. It would be between 150-250ec... let it mix...
Then I would add some of the 1gal nute mix to the rainwater/calmag mix until it reached my target EC.. Then i'd PH to 6.2 and feed.

The last two days i watered twice.
all my feedings have been between 470ec-485ec PH.6.2-6.3
Light I turned my light up to the 300 ppfd range yesterday. (I turned it up thinking they weren't getting enough light the first time i noticed them like this)

IMG_4737.JPG

IMG_4735.JPG

IMG_4731.JPG

IMG_4734.JPG

IMG_4730.JPG

Let them dry a little. I know you can't really "overwater" coco. However, I usually find at this early of a stage that they can go a few days between waterings. Especially if you've kept the entire pot wet.

Back