Coco grow
  • ItzSticky

Cultivators Club
    Reaction score
    Hey Everyone!

This will be my attempt at growing in coco.
    I’ve grown in organic (FF HF, FF OF), and imo they’ve just been subpar grows. I struggled with overwatering, gnats, and not knowing how to properly mix nutes. Nevertheless, I stuck it out and grew some pretty decent smoke :jointman:

So with that being said, I’m going to try my hand with Coco, as I won't have to worry much about overwatering, and if I was to run into a toxicity issue I could easily flush and be back on track.

I read the cocoforcannabis guide so the majority of what I do will be based off of their guide.

I’ll be growing;
    Grappa(Auto) - Mephisto
    Afghan x Northern Lights(Auto) - SSSC (will also be in the G&S)
    White Widow (Photo) - Green House Seed (My first photo)

They’ll be grown in 6 5gal. Fabric pots (Honor The Plants & Rain Science)
    All inside a 4x4 tent.
    With a Mars Hydro FC4800

They’ll be fed with GH FloraNova Grow & Bloom.
    -Rainwater

-Dynomyco in transplant hole & mixed in coco

-Fish Shit

-SLF100

-Coco Wet

-Fulvic/Humic

I’m sure I’ll be adding other things as the grow continues.
    I'll be using a cheap PPM/EC meter, and PH meter.

I’ll be using Mother Earth Coco + Perlite (I will be doing the rinsing and buffering)
    • I added extra perlite.

I will also be adding rice hulls on top of the coco to hopefully prevent gnats

I started by dropping the seeds in some germ brew(Kelp & Fulvic) and then let it sit on a heating mat inside my tent

While they germ I prepped the coco.

First I rinsed the coco.
    Added some coco in a 5gal. bucket, added tap water, mixed it around, then grabbed a strainer and started scooping the coco, rinsing with tap water and then adding to the 5gal. pots. Repeated this until all 6 pots were full.

Then I moved to the buffer,
    I placed the pots in a tote and measured enough tap water to almost cover the pot, then i added 150% dose of cal-mag and let it sit for 24hrs.

I then dumped the water and refilled it again with 150% dose of cal-mag.

Today 8/7:

After another 24hrs I dumped the buffer solution and set the pots in my tent

Look at all those coco fibers!

After 2 days all the seeds have cracked, seeing that theyre all active I took them out of the cup and moved them in root cubes, sprayed the cubes with kelp/fulvic and set that on the heating mat with a humidity dome.

Hoping i’ll have a sprout in the next two-three days!
    7A473BD3-9450-443C-886E-80500F787B6D.jpeg

temp in the dome: 80F 90%RH

Last edited:
    Day one
  • Today I got the White Widow photo and Afghan x N.Lights auto in their forever pots.

before I transplanted i mixed in some dynomyco around in the coco and rinsed the pots with water at EC 480 us/cm and PH 6.3.

The runoff EC ranged from 400-430 us/cm.

0391383D-D585-4064-A15A-84C9529894DF.jpeg
    78A34AB4-1803-43A9-8BD0-6A1C7CAE6ECB.jpeg

Still waiting on the Mephisto Grappa. I’ll give it another 2 days before i soak two more.

Week one
  • 8/11
    Fed them all with a 20ML syringe around the rootcubes, EC 520 us/cm, PH 6.2
    I saw two gnats while i was watering to i decided it was time to cover the top soil with rice hulls. I also sprayed around the pots with neem oil.

I was still iffy about properly mixing and diluting nutes as I struggled to drop my EC to my current target of 400-500 micro-siemens.

8/12
    I spent the majority of today thinking about the best way to mix my nutes for today's feeding, and I think I found a new routine.
    I bought some RO water from my local grocery store thinking it would be close to an EC of 0, and boy was I wrong, it read at 470 us/cm.
    My rainwater measures at an EC of 117 us/cm, so I continued to use that as my nute mix and diluting water (I'm going to measure distilled later on).

In my Rez/Mixer jug I made the manufacturer's recommended doses for 1 gal. of water. (Novaflora grow, slf-100, calmag, and ful-power). I first added calmag and let it mix for 45ish min then added the remaining of the nutes, and let it mix for 15min.
    It was at an EC of ~1400 us/cm. Way too hot for my seedlings.

I then grabbed a 5gal container and poured about 1 gal of rainwater then mixed 3/4 strength of calmag. It read at an EC of 330 us/cm, perfect!
    I then added the some nute mix into the calmag-water until I hit my target EC.

Today they were fed at an EC of 475 us/cm, and 6.25PH. I Watered around the root cube with a 60ML syringe, and used the remaining water to keep the empty pots wet.

Still waiting on the Grappa to sprout.

ABE56997-5F39-4E0C-ADB6-DE3A6E830F26.jpeg
    F11FCC2A-80C9-49C7-A6F0-E0FD6A0BA540.jpeg
    72F30A54-C441-4C12-B07B-170AF0AC4D22.jpeg
    BC91A5FC-63F7-468A-B9F5-3EBE1A8E18F8.jpeg

Last edited:
    Grappa sprout
  • The meph grappa decided to show up. She’s in a pot now.

i’ll count it as day one once the cotyledons show.
    B8D84EBB-E39E-4259-9720-3D5412A6CD50.jpeg

I also threw 2 more grappa seeds yesterday the 12th thinking neither of the grappas were going to sprout.

Watered again with a 60ml syringe.
    455 EC
    6.28 PH

only have one more 5gal readily available:eek1:

Last edited:
    infirmary
  • Hey everyone,

Its been about a week since they sprouted. I feel like they were going pretty strong until recently.
    To try and appropriately rationalize my nute mix when I needed to dilute I came up with this;
    I would get a gal of water in a bucket and add manufacturers' gallon suggestions for Cal-Mag(Wait 30min/1hr), GH Novaflora, Zeus Juice, SLF-100, Mammon Canncontrol and Cocowet. I'd let my submersible up mix everything up in the gal.
    It would usually be at ~1500ec

Then in a separate bucket, I'll either 1gal or 2gal of rainwater and then i'd add the appropriate dosage of calmag to that. It would be between 150-250ec... let it mix...
    Then I would add some of the 1gal nute mix to the rainwater/calmag mix until it reached my target EC.. Then i'd PH to 6.2 and feed.

The last two days i watered twice.
    all my feedings have been between 470ec-485ec PH.6.2-6.3
    Light I turned my light up to the 300 ppfd range yesterday. (I turned it up thinking they weren't getting enough light the first time i noticed them like this)

IMG_4737.JPG

IMG_4735.JPG

IMG_4731.JPG

IMG_4734.JPG

IMG_4730.JPG

Day 10
  • Little update; I waited about 4 days to water. Yesterday I used a 60ml syringe to water around the pot, each pot got about 240ml of water.
    My mix was Floranova Grow, Calmag, Cocowet, mammoth CannControl, and Zeus juice.
    470EC PH 6.0

I'm going to wait for another 24-48hrs until I give it a surface watering.
    I also think I'm going to start applying a foliar spray tomorrow. (do you foliar daily?)

They're about 10 days old.
    Grappa is about 7 days.

Both my white widows are getting a little yellowing and spotting ends of the oldest fan leaves. I suspect this is from overwatering.
    IMG_4764.JPG

IMG_4763.JPG

My Afghan x Northern light #1 is getting some yellowing. I'm not sure what is causing it. I'm thinking calmag because how the leaves look on AxN #2

IMG_4767.JPG
    IMG_4766.JPG

Grappa is moving right along! looks healthy.

IMG_4776.JPG

Day 18
  • The girls have been doing better since the over-watering issue. Had some leaves turn yellow/brown on my White Widow. I suspect it was from the overwatering early on.

Since the last post I've been foliating at lights-on every day, and watering every 3-4 days. Ive been using a large syringe to water around the flower, making a circle about it about a leaf length apart from the flower itself. I water the whole pot until I get some runoff.
    My last two waterings have been at a 6.0PH. One was at 450EC then the next at 470 EC.

I have a new Grappa seedling, I'll say day one was on 8/26
    The first feeding the seedling got water at PH6.0 and 430EC

I'm going to stop adding cal-mag to my nute mix (after realizing Floranova grow has Cal-mag already), and only add it to my dilution water.

White widow/ photo / 18 Days

My white widow girls are probably the roughest-looking ones in my tent right now. The overwatering affected the colors of their leaves the most. And I'm most recently noticing little brown spots on the leaves on the second node. Im not sure is still affects from overwatering.

IMG_4821.JPG

IMG_4814.JPG

Aghan x Northern Lights / Auto / 18 days

My G&S girls are making a bit of a comeback. I fed them a bit of mag to hopefully help with the yellowing that seemed to be spreading.
    I'm not sure if it was because of overwatering or just needed some mag. We shall see how she reacts!

IMG_4818.JPG
    IMG_4815.JPG

Grappa / Auto / 16 days

I don't have any complaints about this grappa. It started very slow, but its easily the greenest most healthiest looking plant I have right now

IMG_4822.JPG

My newest Grappa. 2 days

IMG_4824.JPG

Grow restart. Day 7.
  • So I ended up just dumping them all and restarting.

With this grow I'm using Cyco coco + Myco
    I ended up rinsing the coco 3 times with my base nutes at a 5.8PH 500EC mix

This time I planted:
    2 white widow (photo)
    2 Afghan x Northern Lights (auto)
    2 Mephisto Strawberry nuggets (auto)

Since I'm starting over it gave me the chance to try out the Rain Science autoflower pot

They're at 7 days now

This is the only one that has those lights stripes on them. Hoping it grow out of it.
    IMG_4874.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG
    IMG_4876.JPG
    IMG_4877.JPG
    IMG_4878.JPG
    IMG_4879.JPG

Last edited:
    Back